• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Reschedule My Host's Party?

In summary, New Here! wants to book a show with a past host, but they are having trouble reaching the host and they are worried about whether or not they should reschedule.
MrsTLC
New Here!
I've been hemming and hawing about signing up on this site for a while, but a couple of my teammates said it's been so helpful to them, so here I am !!

I have a show booked on Sat with a past host (she did a party with me last year and it was a $1k show).

Well i've been trying to reach her for host coaching and we keep missing each other, so i emailed her.

She wrote me back last night saying she only sent out 15 invites and only 1 of those 15 can make it, so she wants to reschedule.

I emailed back and attached the "40 in 4 minutes" worksheet and encouraged her to invite more, and get outside orders from the others that can't make it, but she doesn't seem like she wants to invite any more people.

Should i reschedule the show?

No matter what we want or do it always ends up in the host's court. If she is determined to reschedule then that's what will happen. Better a later show then none at all.

Once the host decides to reschedule it's usually too late to host coach for the original date.

I agree with Beth. There are times when a bit of encouragement will help a host decide to hold an original date. In the end, though, it's up to them.

I too agree with Beth and Rae. It sounds like she has already made up her mind. And we all know there is no changing that. She apparently has exhausted, or so she thinks, her resources of friends. You get them, I get them, we all get them, your hosts get them. Them is the "I can'ts". Once that sets in, it is very hard to change it. Especially a week out. I would say to you that you need to HAPPILY RESCHEDULE her. I would rather a host postpone than go to someone else because they felt you "didn't understand" her situation.

you need to HAPPILY RESCHEDULE her. I would rather a host postpone than go to someone else because they felt you "didn't understand" her situation.
Excellent point! I can't tell you the number of people who are now my customers because they felt pressured or misunderstood by other consultants.

1. What should I do if my host wants to postpone the party?

If your host wants to postpone the party, the first step is to have open communication with them. Ask them what their issue is and try to find a solution that works for both of you. Some possible solutions could be rescheduling for a different date or having a virtual party instead. Remember to be understanding and flexible with your host's needs.

2. Will I lose my host benefits if the party is postponed?

No, you will not lose your host benefits if the party is postponed. As long as the party still takes place, even if it is on a different date, you will still receive the host rewards.

3. Can I still invite guests to the postponed party?

Yes, you can still invite guests to the postponed party. You can reach out to your guests and let them know about the change in date. Encourage them to still attend and remind them of the exciting products and deals that will be available.

4. What if my host wants to cancel the party altogether?

If your host wants to cancel the party altogether, it is important to be understanding and respectful of their decision. You can still offer to have a virtual party or individual orders for their friends and family. You can also suggest rebooking for a later date when they are ready to host again.

5. How can I support my host during this time?

The best way to support your host during this time is to be understanding and flexible with their needs. Offer alternative solutions, such as virtual parties or individual orders, and remind them that you are there to help in any way possible. Also, encourage them to take care of themselves and their well-being before worrying about the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • pcsharon1