1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching Funny story: Explaining FPV to a host

1. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I was closing a show the other night and trying to re-explain the host benefits to the host. On attempt #7, I re-phrased it from "Free Product Value" to "FREEBIES" and it clicked in her head that she was getting $115 in Free Stuff! The look on her face was priceless!!! She never understood the term "Free Product Value", she was just going with the flow. She had no clue when she booked off the past host what type of benefits she could earn. She said "I just liked you and liked [past host] and was trying to help both of you!" She was so ecstatic & yelling at her husband "Honey, HONEY! I get $115 in FREE STUFF!!!"

Yes, she's definitely hosting again!!! :D

I :love: LOVE :love: Pampered Chef, but it's moments like that ... that are the icing on the cake. ;)

Nov 28, 2009
  2. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Totally agree.

I think everyone should at least try to host a show once so that they can see exactly what Pampered Chef has to offer. I liked that she hosted just to help you and the host out. That was very kind of her.

Nov 28, 2009
  3. Sheila

She met me at the show where she booked, so she wasn't even a friend of mine. She's just that sweet.

Nov 28, 2009
  4. I had this happen to me with my host the other day as well. She had made her list and totalled everything up and after I entered everything and gave her the "true" total she couldn't believe it. She kept asking if I was sure..lol. I guess maybe I should have reworded Free Product Value as well.

Nov 29, 2009
  5. Sheila

I'm going to start clarifying that Free Product Value is "FREE STUFF", I wonder how many guests haven't booked a show because they didn't understand what they could get? Maybe I'll start getting more bookings at my shows! LOL I did a booth on Saturday & said "free stuff" and the bookings were coming fairly easily. I got one for a recruit, one for myself and another recruit got 2. I had a friend say that she wanted to book a show and I referred her to my recruit to help get her business off the ground. She didn't have her calendar with her, but that's possibly a 5th booking from the booth. :D

Nov 29, 2009
  6. Priceless!

Jan 1, 2010
  7. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Too funny - I always emphasize FREE STUFF because that was always the draw to me to host! I LOVED getting the free stuff - pretty much I have earned most of my PC stuff prior to becoming a consultant. :) Who doesn't love FREE??? :)

Have something to add?