• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Host Gift for Surprise Show in 2 Days!

In summary, Kate suggests a small gift certificate, Season's Best, or extra Free Product Value as host gifts for a regular customer. She also suggests adding a small gift to the regular customer's order as a show of appreciation.
pamperedape
Okay all I need help! I have a "surprise" show in two days - one that just fell in to my lap. Here's the problem - I have NOTHING at all to give her for a host gift! My supply is wiped out (due to funds being low). She is a regular customer who has seen me give nice host gifts to her friends. What could I do? A small gift certificate? Any advice?

Add on a Season's Best, I-Slice etc. to her order as a Host gift.

How about extra Free Product Value? Tell her she'll get an additional $10 or something in extra free products as a gift from you. I've done that in the past and hosts are usually pretty receptive to that.

$10 is kind of a lot
I'd add the SB or something small like Gwendolyn said.

yep, give her something on her host order. Maybe something off her wish list.

Maybe add a bottle of Sprinkles or a favorite spice to her order? Or if you have one on hand for shows, you could give her one, and then replenish your own supply later.

I agree that you should add something on par with what you usually give to her order ... but in the future, make it a practice to add a Season's Best.

Why do you give extravagant gifts? The host program HO provides is tons more than most DS companies!!!I do like to give something to the host in front of her friends, and something they can only get through me and hosting a show. Check out the measurement conversion chart at magentstreet.com and see if it would work for you. It holds a business card on top (so they always have my info) and is magnetic so it can stay on the fridge and be useful. And, there is a bonus magnet that you pop out of the card holder area and can use on other business cards you give out.

Kate... I do the same sort of thing. I made a large magnet from Vistaprint with my info, my purple apron "logo" and the list of common cooking conversions. Hosts love it and guests are jealous :) I also give a SB to pass around as I know how much I like running across mine from when I hosted. I used to give more, but have found what I give to hosts or guests does not change the sales or bookings, so why spend more money.I would recommend maybe borrowing a seasoning or rub from a fellow consultant if at all possible for this show, then re-examining your gifts, especially if funds are low (as they seem to be for us all these days).

Do you happen to have the mini loaf stone? If so, you could bake up something and just wrap it up as a thank you for the show. I've done that in the past with friendship bread. Or, you could even do a simple batch of sugar cookies, but use one of the sweet sprinkles on top instead.
As said above, I do a SB, pass it around for everyone to autograph and a twixit attached to the corner. If it's a repeat host that's been very good to me, as a personal thank you, I give maybe a spice or mini serving spatula.
Yes, our host program is great and does give a lot to our hosts. But personally, I like to show MY OWN personal appreciation for the host having the show by giving him/her something extra. And yes, sometimes is DOES intice others to have a show because of that extra little step you took to show your appreciation. Just my $.02 worth.

I give my hosts a gift since they are opening their home up to ME not just Pampered Chef. It is "proper" to give your host (not just DS hosts) a gift when visiting. It does not have to be anything expensive or extravagant. Bringing homemade bread would be fine. I also mail a handwritten thank you to the host after the show.

LOVE the homemade bread idea!!!

I always give a little extra something so they remember me and my small extra touches. I would offer her a spice or rub of choice if its a small party. If its a larger party I would offer an extra $10 or maybe the new holiday cookbook. Its only $7.50 and would not cost us that much....

GourmetGirl said:
Kate... I do the same sort of thing. I made a large magnet from Vistaprint with my info, my purple apron "logo" and the list of common cooking conversions. Hosts love it and guests are jealous :) I also give a SB to pass around as I know how much I like running across mine from when I hosted. I used to give more, but have found what I give to hosts or guests does not change the sales or bookings, so why spend more money.

I would recommend maybe borrowing a seasoning or rub from a fellow consultant if at all possible for this show, then re-examining your gifts, especially if funds are low (as they seem to be for us all these days).

Can you post your list of conversions? I may do the magnet thing for Christmas like you suggested, that is a great idea...

chefsteph07 said:
Can you post your list of conversions? I may do the magnet thing for Christmas like you suggested, that is a great idea...

I second that! Do you have a picture of your magnet, too?

1. What are some popular host gift options for a surprise show?

Some popular host gift options for a surprise show include kitchen gadgets, cookware sets, or gift certificates for future purchases.

2. How much should I spend on a host gift for a surprise show?

The amount you spend on a host gift for a surprise show is entirely up to you. Consider your budget and the relationship you have with the host. A thoughtful gift does not have to be expensive.

3. Can I personalize the host gift for a surprise show?

Yes, you can personalize the host gift for a surprise show by adding a handwritten note or choosing a gift that reflects the host's interests or needs.

4. Is it appropriate to bring food as a host gift for a surprise show?

Yes, bringing food as a host gift for a surprise show is a great idea. You can bring a homemade dish or a store-bought treat. Just make sure to check with the host for any dietary restrictions or allergies.

5. Can I purchase a host gift directly from Pampered Chef for a surprise show?

Yes, you can purchase a host gift directly from Pampered Chef for a surprise show. Our website offers a variety of gift options, and you can also contact your independent consultant for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
Replies
Views
chefstef2010