• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it worth stopping by my host's workplace to close her show?

In summary, it seems that the catalog host has gone MIA and the past host says that she is getting orders. Lisa would be wise to just keep calling her every three days or so and see what happens.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have a catalog host who appearsto have gone MIA :( . I hate it when that happens!

We talked several times earlier in the month and set this past Tuesday (26th) as our close date. I've been calling her everyday since Friday (22nd) and leaving her messages - she has not returned any of my calls. I called the past host who she booked from to check and make sure everything was okay with her (I once had a host go in the hospital so you just never know....) The past host says yes, she's fine and that she is getting orders. She works in a doctor's office near my house. Would it be too bold of me to stop by and visit her at work to see what's up? I mean, she's not returning my phone calls, and that is kind of a big hint that she's not that interested - right? The past host talked to her the other day and asked her to call me. She knows I want to close her show? I don't want to seem pushy, but she is rude in not calling back. I also don't really care if she closes now or next week, even though I'd like to have it on my Feb commission.

So, what would you do?

Give her some time, most people don't have PC on their brains all the time like we do! Maybe she's worried about having her party too small or isn't qualified yet and she doesn't want to tell you. Just keep trying to get a hold of her.

I have a catalog host just like that now. Everytime I call she says "Ill call you right back" but you know she never does. Its so aggravating. One more call I will put into her, and then I think I am done.

Do you have any orders from her at all? The only time I went the step of not closing a show was a kitchen show host who I could not get a hold of for a 1 1/2 months. I finally called her two guests and asked them if they would like me to just place their orders. They were just glad to get their products. I basically lost alot of money on that show, it was over 3 hour round trip and I pitched in for direct shipping for both of the guests. That was the first and last time I drove that far for a show!

Hi Linda!

I think stopping by her office would not be appropriate. You just never know how her manager would act to that. Going uninvited could get her into trouble.

At this point I would just give her a call every three days or so.

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
Hi Linda!

I think stopping by her office would not be appropriate. You just never know how her manager would act to that. Going uninvited could get her into trouble.

At this point I would just give her a call every three days or so.

Lisa
Yeah, and I don't want to get her all PO'd with me. I figure I'm already stalking her enough by calling and leaving messages. She'll either call me back eventually or not - yuck!

I have had this problem with several people... one was just uninterested and the other was an order I got off the sign on the back of my truck. We've been playing phone tag ever since. The last time I actually talked to her she was in the process of checking her son into the hospital with pneumonia. You never know what's going on in someone's life!

It seems to be the new thing to not return people's phone calls (although I must admit I'm glad it's not just me... I've been really down about this lately.) It's so rude. How much time and effort does it take to call or email someone and say I'm no longer interested or I'm still waiting on an order or two. GRRR!

One other thought and then I'll be quiet... she may be holding out on you cause she's unable to afford the host bonuses. I had a host who wouldn't call me back for a month to close her show. I finally called (at the suggestion of someone on here I think) and left her a message to the effect that her guests and friends where going to start wanting their things and she didn't have to use the 1/2 price or host bonus if she didn't want to (she had her eye on cookware but money was tight). She called the next day to close out her show - no 1/2 price items... that was the issue! Just a thought.

I think I would just leave another message mentioning that you really would like to close out today to ensure everyone gets their products in a timely matter and if anyone was ordering any discontinued products they would still be available to them - Good Luck Linda!

1. What is a Mia Catalog Host?

A Mia Catalog Host is someone who hosts a virtual party with Pampered Chef's Mia catalog. They invite friends and family to shop from the catalog and earn free products and discounts as a thank you for hosting.

2. How do I become a Mia Catalog Host?

To become a Mia Catalog Host, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to sign up. Once you sign up, you will receive a unique link to share with your guests for them to shop from the Mia catalog.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Mia catalog party?

As a Mia Catalog Host, you can earn free products, discounts, and special host-only offers based on the sales from your party. You also get to connect with your friends and family while shopping for high-quality kitchen and cooking products.

4. Can I still earn rewards if I am unable to host a party in person?

Yes, you can still earn rewards by hosting a virtual party with the Mia catalog. You can share the catalog link with your guests and they can shop from the comfort of their own homes. Your consultant will take care of the orders and shipping, and you will still receive all the host rewards.

5. How long does a Mia catalog party last?

A Mia catalog party typically lasts for about two weeks. This gives your guests enough time to browse the catalog, place their orders, and for you to earn rewards based on the total sales from the party. Your consultant will provide more details on the specific timeline for your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies