• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Made a Big Mistake on a Closed Show

In summary, the conversation involved a consultant discussing a missed outside order with a host and a credit card order that did not go through. The consultant apologized and offered compensation for the mistake, but both the host and the customer seemed understanding and forgiving. The consultant also discussed possible solutions for the missed order and the credit card issue, including covering the cost of the order if it is not resolved in time.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm just really struggling right now and things are just going downhill for me. I'm such a bozo. I had a show on the 12th and at the show the host handed me a little scrap of paper with an outside order. I thought I put it with all the other order forms. Well, I came home, entered in the show orders. I forgot all about that little piece of paper. (I still can't seem to find it!)The host took forever to close the show. She was just $31.30 away from the next level. I gave her some tips on how to get that amount so she could get to the $500 level and explained all the perks that come with reaching that show level. Well, she didn't end up reaching it. I confirmed with her everything. The names of the people who ordered, the names of people who booked, the fact that she didn't want the host special. We finally submitted the show. The next day I get an e-mail that a credit card didn't go through and the show is on hold. I contacted the girl whose card it was and she said she'd call me back with a new card # or something. She said she'd call me back last night but she didn't. (She is also going to be hosting a show with me next month, so this really has me nervous.) I called her again today and left a message for her to please call me. That we can put it on a different card or we could cancel her order. (Another thing I can do is pay for it, but have the host give me the items or hold onto them until the girl pays me back. Then if she doesn't pay me I can just return them.) I hated having this show open for so long. I kept telling the host that the sooner we close it the better so that her friends aren't waiting for their items. Now it's on hold due to this one credit card order. I need it to get taken care of so I can be considered active this month and so I can get paid--I have a PC credit card to pay.So as if things aren't bad enough, the host calls me this evening to tell me that we both forgot about that outside order that she handed me at the show. This order would've made it so she was just a couple dollars under $500. She more than likely would've ordered one little thing to boost it to the next level. I apologized profusely. I asked her what she would like to see happen. She asked if just the girls order could get processed somehow. I told her I could add it to another show I have next week or I could do it as an individual order. Then I asked her if she wouldn't mind giving me the girl's number, that I could speak with her directly about her options and explain what happened. She did and I called the girl. I felt like such a dork. She decided to hold off on ordering since my host wouldn't get the credit. I told her the options and so she's going to retain my info in case she decides to order them sometime. (She said she has tons of PC stuff and doesn't really need anything.)I told my host that I felt terrible and would try to think of something to compensate a little bit for my mistake. She was very understanding and forgiving. She admitted that it was her fault too because I did go over whose orders I had and she okayed everything. But still, I feel terrible.So...what would you do?

As far as the missed order - let it go. She was only doing a favor for her friend, who doesn't seem to mind that she missed hitting the next level by thismuch. It sound like neither of them is upset. If you want to do something for the host, send her a SBRC or a coupon for a free item with her Thank You letter. You can purchase the item on your next show.

For cc girl, if it's a small enough amount that you are comfortable covering it, and the item is something you wouldn't mind being stuck with, I'd go with that. Maybe call her one last time and say you need a card number by suchandsuch a time tomorrow (10/30), or you will have to submit the show without her order. Then, when the show comes in, call her with one last chance to make good, or the product is yours.

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time right now. It sounds like you had a lot going on with this show and things just didn't go as planned. We all make mistakes, so don't be too hard on yourself. It's great that you're taking responsibility for your part in the mix-up and trying to make it right.In terms of the outside order, it's unfortunate that it wasn't included in the show and now the host won't get credit for it. It's good that you reached out to the customer and explained the situation, and it's understandable that she decided to hold off on ordering. Since she already has a lot of PC products, maybe you could offer her a small discount on her next order as a way to make it up to her.As for the credit card issue, hopefully the customer will get back to you soon with a new card number or you can work out a different payment solution. In the meantime, you could offer the other guests at the show a small discount on their orders as a thank you for their patience.Overall, it seems like you're handling the situation well and trying to make things right. Sometimes things don't go as planned, but it's important to learn from our mistakes and move forward. Keep your head up and I'm sure things will work out in the end. Hang in there!

1. What should I do if I accidentally made a mistake on a closed show order?

If you have made a mistake on a closed show order, the first thing you should do is contact the customer service team at Pampered Chef. They will be able to assist you with correcting the mistake and ensuring that the correct items are shipped to the customer.

2. Will I be charged for the incorrect items on a closed show order?

If the mistake was made by the consultant, you may be responsible for any additional charges. However, if the mistake was made by Pampered Chef, you will not be charged for the incorrect items.

3. How long will it take for the mistake to be corrected?

The time it takes to correct a mistake on a closed show order can vary depending on the specific situation. However, the customer service team at Pampered Chef will work quickly to resolve the issue and ensure that the customer receives the correct items in a timely manner.

4. Can I cancel the entire closed show order if I made a big mistake?

In most cases, it is not possible to cancel an entire closed show order. However, if the mistake was made by Pampered Chef, they may be able to cancel the order and start over. It is best to contact the customer service team for assistance with this situation.

5. What can I do to prevent making a mistake on a closed show order in the future?

To prevent making a mistake on a closed show order, it is important to double check all order details before submitting them. It can also be helpful to have another set of eyes look over the order to catch any potential errors. Additionally, carefully reviewing the order confirmation email from Pampered Chef can help catch any mistakes before the order is processed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Intrepid_Chef