• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Out the Show From H E Double Hockey Sticks!

In summary, the jewelry consultant was upset because she had to issue a refund to my stepmother after submitting her order after I specifically told her to put it on hold. The consultant asked me to let her know what she wanted for free, and whether she wanted host specials. The consultant was six dollars away from qualifying for a level 2 show, and with the orders she was planning to "forget" I told her that those orders could easily take her to the next level. The consultant did not respond to my calls or e-mails, and I
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I started a rant in the lounge but now I am faced with a situation I don't know how to resolve.

I was switching a show with a jewelry consultant, who was upset because she had to issue a refund to my stepmother after submitting her order after I specifically told her to put it on hold. (This was done without my advance knowledge and though the jewelry lady claimed she called me, I had no message on my phone.)

So in her reply to me, she said, "AS FOR MY SHOW YOU HAVE THE ORDERS AND THE MONEY, I HAVE 2 MORE ORDERS, I THINK I WILL TELL THEM TO FORGET IT. PLEASE JUST CLOSE OUT WHAT YOU HAVE THE ORDERS AND PAYMENT FOR ,AND WE WILL LET THIS MESS GO."

I first nicely asked her to let me know what she wanted for free, and whether she wanted host specials. She was only SIX DOLLARS away from qualifying, and with the orders she was planning to "forget" I told her that those orders could easily take her to the next level.

After days with no response, I called her again, and e-mailed her, telling her that since I was concerned about her guests getting product in time for Christmas, I needed to know what was going on no earlier than Wednesday. If I did not hear from her, I would have no choice but to submit the orders (as she suggested) as one order, directly shipped to her.

Her response was less than pleasant:

WELL DIANE, IT SEEMS IN YOUR LAST MESSAGES THAT YOU MADE SURE YOU CAN WORK A SHOW INTO FOR YOURSELF, BUT IT REALLY HAS LEFT ME WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR THIS WHOLE MESS. TELL ME HOW THAT IS A FAIR TRADE.

Um, excuse me, but can this woman READ? I BEGGED her to tell me what she wanted FOR FREE and she has the nerve to accuse me of being unfair?

To top it all off ... I am missing payment for a $60 order belonging to her family. So instead of a $144 show, I have an $83 show ... unless she bites the bullet, pays for the order she gave me, and while she's at it, realizes that she has FREE PRODUCT and host specials due.

This woman no longer answers my calls. How on earth do I get through to her?

I would simply turn in the orders that you do have payment for as one individual order and have it shipped to me to divide up and deliver with a personal apology that it had taken longer than expected and doing personal customer service with each of them. If it was more than one order then combining it will probably give you enough in shipping to cover it. As for the order without payment, I would not submit that or I would submit it and have it deliver to myself and call the person for payment upon delivery. How you handle that is up to you - but I wouldn't want to make anyone who has paid wait and I wouldn't want to submit an order without payment. As far as I'm concerned if they didn't pay for it they must not really want it. And as for the host - she apparently doesn't want to be a host and thereby doesn't deserve a host special or free products, she didn't actually have a qualifying show!

It's a hard thing to have to deal with, especially this time of year - but it will be harder to deal with paying for a show and not getting reimbursed for it. Just my 2 cents but I've been burned lately so I a may be a little harsh.

The problem is .. she lives two hours away. And I blame my VERY EXPENSIVE CAR REPAIR partially on the drive up there to do her show. The order without payment is her own family and her phone is listed as the contact.

Direct shipping for each of those orders would set me back at least $10 extra.

The thing is .... I have bent over backwards to be more than fair to this woman and do for her what she DID NOT do for me ... not submit orders without the host's advance knowledge! If a host ever does not qualify I either give her more time to submit orders, or I combine with a qualifying show and give her credit for what she sold. For instance, if I combine her with a $200 show, she gets $15 in product (the difference between $25 and $40) but no host special because she didn't qualify, the other host did.

I do plan to call each and every customer and explain that their items are being shipped to the host and will be submitted in time for Christmas. They are all her "girls" from her jewelry downline. Two of them booked shows but I doubt they will hold them after hearing her version of the facts.

It irks me that she TELLS me to submit the orders I have, then gets ticked off when I threaten to do just that unless I hear from her!

Ah, yes, 2 hours is def. too far to have to drive to deliver products and you don't want to pay individual shipping for everyone. I don't know how you are going to proceed with this. Since you personally did the show and met the guests who ordered you may want to simply contact the guests and see how they would like you to proceed - but I wouldn't want to send in that $60 order without payment, especially with the treatment you are getting from the hostess.

I would call the guests who paid you and tell them that the show isn't going in but you would be happy to submit their orders so they can get what they wanted. Tell them the direct shipping price and let them decide. I'd probably split the difference with them. (e.g. $14.25 direct shipping - $4.25 show shipping = $5 more from them and $5 consultant gift from you. At that shipping cost the order would have been $65 which is at least $13 commission for you.)

Making that effort just might get you some happy customers and those shows could still hold. I would not get into a discussion with them about why the host didn't succeed. They know her.

Di, I would just pay the extra direct shipping to her guests and just be done with this one! For your sanity (and conservation of driving and gas) it is well worth it!

Do you know any of the guests? Maybe you can ask them to fill in as host for the show and ship it to them?

Maybe I am not completely understanding the situation.. but from what I read it seems like you got your orders (PC) and she did not (your orders were cancelled/refunded) and that is what she is upset about. Correct me if I am wrong. So, if I am right.. you traded parties.. your panned out and hers did not. Now, if this is what happened... what to do. I would contact her and let her know you will make good on your side of the deal..just didn't work out right now.. and then mail all the items to each person. Her quote shows she is upset about the "Trade". You were to do a show and so was she. Yours worked and hers did not. ( your mom wanted to wait until after the first of the year). Granted she did submit the order knowing you wanted her to hold off. If the others (downline) work with her regularly.. they will know just how she is.. and will understand. I would just send it to them and be done. BUT, only after getting the $$. Was it just not paid yet?? or did you misplace it? I always mark on the sales reciept what was paid and how (check/cash/credit card). I feel she thinks the trade was unfair. And on top she messed up by submitting the party. She is probably a little embarrassed about it all and is handling it like a 2 yr old. Take the higher road, but make sure you are honoring your committment to her and taking care of your customers. Don't get caught up in her behavior. Good luck

Actually, we both had about the same amount of orders turned in to the consultant. The difference is that in my world, $150 is a qualifying party. In her world, $250 is the show minium.

She turned in $115 in orders from my family when I specifically told her the entire show had to be on hold.

I have repeatedly made it clear in my e-mails to her that I have every intention of turning in a qualifying jewelry party ... I just can't do it until after the holidays.

The three girls in her dowline paid for their stuff ... at November prices. With the host's permission, I switched it to a December show so SHE could get the Triffle Bowl and Serving Tools she wants.

I do not know the girls who ordered but know from their conversations that they wanted their items in time for Christmas.

Each girl paid for their order, including $4.25 shipping. Direct shipping for all three orders combined is only $1.50 more. Direct shipping for EACH order, however, would be $10 more that I do not have.

I didn't lose the payment for the $60 order. I never got it in the first place. She was going to give me a debit card by phone for this AND the rest of the order.

I am now thinking about sending her another "high road" e-mail explaining how I do business, what I do for shows that do not qualify, and how that applies to the situation at hand. Explain also that I have never been in a situation where the host did not claim her free product. Also explain that we are coming down to the wire here and I do not want her friends to lose out on free product. This show could close on its own if she would just pay for the items she said she wanted. And of course, find a very nice way to say it all.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Actually, we both had about the same amount of orders turned in to the consultant. The difference is that in my world, $150 is a qualifying party. In her world, $250 is the show minium.

She turned in $115 in orders from my family when I specifically told her the entire show had to be on hold.

I have repeatedly made it clear in my e-mails to her that I have every intention of turning in a qualifying jewelry party ... I just can't do it until after the holidays.

The three girls in her dowline paid for their stuff ... at November prices. With the host's permission, I switched it to a December show so SHE could get the Triffle Bowl and Serving Tools she wants.

I do not know the girls who ordered but know from their conversations that they wanted their items in time for Christmas.

Each girl paid for their order, including $4.25 shipping. Direct shipping for all three orders combined is only $1.50 more. Direct shipping for EACH order, however, would be $10 more that I do not have.

I didn't lose the payment for the $60 order. I never got it in the first place. She was going to give me a debit card by phone for this AND the rest of the order.

I am now thinking about sending her another "high road" e-mail explaining how I do business, what I do for shows that do not qualify, and how that applies to the situation at hand. Explain also that I have never been in a situation where the host did not claim her free product. Also explain that we are coming down to the wire here and I do not want her friends to lose out on free product. This show could close on its own if she would just pay for the items she said she wanted. And of course, find a very nice way to say it all.

If the guests ordered with November pricing and you've now switched it to December for her to get the Dec host special, who's paying the difference for the guests' orders (Nov vs Dec pricing)?

Also, I don't understand the 'do not want her friends to lose out on free product'. How are the friends getting free product?

I would...

- call each guest and explain that the orders didn't 'make a show'

- ask each guest if they would like to pay additional shipping charges to have them direct shipped or if they would be comfortable combining their orders and there would not be any extra costs incurred - you would pay the small difference for one direct order shipped.

- If they would like the orders to be combined I would then explain that the order would be shipped to one person (who will it be?) and that that person's name would be the ONE name on the receipt for guarantee purposes and it's up to them to remember - you are NOT responsible.

- I also wouldn't bother with the order without payment since it's a family member's of hers and you only have her contact info. IF you ever do get called by this person you can explain that you were never paid for the order, had informed the 'host' and didn't have contact info to speak with the guest directly.

- Bless and release the host. You've explained enough and waited much longer than necessary for her.

Ok.. it is much clearer now.. Thanks for the explaination. And I am sure the free product is the beaded spreaders they earned for 60.00 order or more in Dec. Geeze.. I am speechless as you are. And you still need a number and/or address to send it to. Hopefully she will snap out of it and start acting her age. Again if you can get in touch somehow with one of her downline you can send it all to one of them. They are surely aware of her temperment. Kinda makes you wonder how she is doing with her business. And makes me glad she is selling jewelry and not cookware... Pray for a solution.. and release it after it is finished.

I messed up. I meant that I do not want her friends to miss out on getting the product they paid for before Christmas.

I did switch it to December with the understanding that the host would pay the difference. It only affects one guest who bought a bar pan. Since I intend to submit the party by Dec. 15 and since I will not make December Sell-a-thon anyway unless she gets off her high horse ... I can change the date back to November in order to ensure that the one affected guest gets the special.

I did e-mail her, explaining that I do not want to deprive her of free product and the host specials she said she wanted. Also explained that I have payment for three of the four orders. And finally, explaned that she was so close to qualifying.

Tomorrow, I plan to call each of the guests, apologize for the delay and if they answer the phone, tell them that I don't want to delay any longer and ask if they want their items shipped to their house and if they'd be willing to have the others shipped there too. Honestly, I don't see the problem with shipping them to the host's house, since she has copies of their order forms anyway.

If this show gets combined with the other show I have pending, I will still list the initial host as a co-host so she will at least get the 10 percent for a year and the booking benefit. This is because two people booked from this show. I think I heard that the booking benefit follows the host and not the consultant, so if these girls book with someone else within six months, the booking benefit still applies. There is another Cheffer who is closer to them ... but I am not so sure I would inflict this woman on her! The girls seem sweet, however ...

OMG, Di, does this jewelry drama NEVER END for you???

After what I have gone through w/ a crappy host/guest, I would combine all orders, pay the $1.50 shipping cost difference and wipe your hands!

Maybe call the ones who paid and let them know that the orders are being sent to the host so they are not calling you wondering where their stuff is.

Man, this is just something else for you...all for you to drive 2 hrs and get basically NO commission for it considering she's short of qualifying.

If she doesn't even want her free product then it's clear that she's done. I would not call her again or email her and explain how you do business...get these orders turned in since they were from Nov shows and be done.

I think you're right that you need to call the guests. They ordered and paid but now she (the host) said they want to cancel. If you went ahead and ordered they would be upset if they really wanted to forget it. By calling you are considering their needs and they can decide for themselves if they want the product or were just ordering to help her.

I called all three guests and only reached one. She said she did not want her products anymore.

I have calls in to the others and e-mailed the one guest who provided an address. I will try again tomorrow, then submit the show on Friday without their orders if they do not call back. If they call after that and say they want their stuff after all, I will submit an individual order, since they were both direct ship anyway. Honestly, paying for direct shipping out of my own pocket would take most of my commission anyway ... but it would stave off being inactive through the end of January.

As a means of "blessing and releasing" I have made the evil host the "co-host," thus allowing her to collect the booking benefit should her friends who "booked" find themselves another consultant, and thus allowing her to get 10 percent off for a year.

So this whole experience was a big old TAX WRITE OFF.

Memo to self: Do not EVER switch shows!

What did the one guest you reached have to say to you? I"m curious to know if she "blames" you or if she thought too much time had gone by and just didn't want her stuff anymore.

Two of her guests have now canceled, both saying so much time had gone by that they didn't need the stuff any more, or bought what they needed elsewhere.

When I e-mailed the one customer, I apologized for the delay and said that I was waiting for input from the host that never came untll today.

This leaves one order, for a whopping $10.50. It would take every cent of my commission to pay for direct shipping out of my pocket for her, but I'd do it if she still wants her item, just to be through with this mess. It's not her fault her manager is a ... well ...

I know some consultants have had good experience switching shows, but I've never done it. I figure someone either wants a PC party or they don't. If there are strings attached, it just makes me feel icky. Sorry you had such a terrible time.

I have been "switching" shows with a PartyLite consultant for 3 years now....and it is a great friendship! We met at a multi vendor party......I do a party for her in her double trips point month and she does one for me in the fall for SAT. We have ended up being one of each others best customers! And now we are friends! I look forward to doing a party for her in August and order with her throughout the rest of the year. Sorry you had a bad experience from this. I can track many parties back to her.

My personal feeling is ... you do a party because you want to do a party, not because you want someone to do one for you. If it can work out so that you BOTH love the products and BOTH can benefit, so much the better, but if you don't care about the products, do not host a show!One of her downline e-mailed and agreed that she wished things had been different and wants me to keep her on her e-mail list. So I will do that. Who knows ... she may be the recipient of my January jewelry party.

Di_Can_Cook said:
My personal feeling is ... you do a party because you want to do a party, not because you want someone to do one for you.

If it can work out so that you BOTH love the products and BOTH can benefit, so much the better, but if you don't care about the products, do not host a show!

I agree with this!! I have never swapped parties and would only do it if I really LIKED the products.

I hosted a Tupperware show that I "WON" at another show and I was miserable doing it. I vowed then to never do one unless I really loved the products! By the way, that free show that I won, I had to do the invites and get the food for it. So I got nothing for free but a wasted day.

I am sorry you had to go through all of this. If it is any comfort, have learned a lot from it!

1. How do I know when it's time to close out the show?

You will know it's time to close out the show when all of your guests have placed their orders and you have collected their payments. Your host will also likely give you a signal or let you know when they are ready to end the party.

2. What should I include in my closing remarks?

Your closing remarks should thank your guests for attending, remind them of any special deals or promotions, and encourage them to book their own Pampered Chef party. You can also offer a final reminder about any host rewards or incentives.

3. Can I still make sales after I close out the show?

Yes, you can still make sales after closing out the show. You can take orders from guests who may have missed out on something they wanted or those who want to add more items to their order. You can also offer to take orders for future parties or offer your business card for future purchases.

4. How do I handle payment when closing out the show?

You can handle payments in a few different ways. You can collect cash or checks from guests, or have them pay with a credit or debit card using your mobile payment device. If guests are paying with credit or debit, be sure to have them fill out an order form with their payment information.

5. What should I do with the host's rewards and incentives?

Be sure to give the host their rewards and incentives before closing out the show. You can also take this time to thank them again for hosting and remind them of any upcoming parties they may want to book. If the host has chosen to use their rewards towards their own purchase, make sure to have them fill out an order form and collect their payment before closing out the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • nancycookspc