• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Previous Host From H. E. (Double Toothpick)

In summary, a past host contacted the speaker just after the speaker's show and made a request for the speaker to do another cooking show with her. The speaker tells the past host that they have no desire to do the show again and advises the past host to recruit the host's husband and son instead. The speaker also advises the past host that, if the host wants to do the show, they should set ground rules and keep the focus on the show.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
Just received a call from a past host that absolutely was the worst and drove me nuts over a year ago. (Her husband and son got drunk at the show and started showing and demonstrating their sword collection for one) She wants to do another cooking show, which makes me cringe. Part of me wants to run the other way, but the business person in me is going to bite the bullet and do it again! Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions for a successful 2nd go round?

A shows a show right? At least in my mind. I've had hosts like that before but I would do their show again!

Recruit her! Tell her she can have it be her grand opening, etc. then you're guaranteed not to have to do one for her again! If she agrees, then you can also tell her it'd be in her best interest to have her husband and son elsewhere occupied so she and her guests can concentrate on having the best possible grand opening.

If she just wants to do a show, I recommend a shot of whiskey with a lemon chaser.

She's on social security disability.. I tried to recruit her last time around! LOL We roasted corn in my DCB and her drunk husband chipped the side of it taking it out of the microwave too (which insurance does NOT cover...since it was mine!) I may just request that alcohol comes out after I leave. It was the strangest show ever and I was really creeped out with the number swords and war 'cutlery'.

Just remind her in your host coaching that the guests are coming for a Pampered Chef show, not a Medieval Times show. LOLBe sure you say it like you are joking. ;)

It's a compliment to you that while you thought it was one of the worst shows ever, she didn't get any hint that you hated it. You're prepared so think of some diplomatic but straight-forward things to say about keeping the focus on PC and not the sword play. You can even say something about "since we last partied together last year, I am now doing xxx (asking that people not interested in purchasing entertain themselves in another room). But, you probably can't do that since it's her house and her family. It would be another thing if someone brought a disruptive person with them.

I'd suggest a girls night out show or a Sunday brunch or something where the booze should not be flowing that early...if it's a Girls show, maybe they will feel uncomfortable hanging around. Sounds like the husband was just showing off maybe he got it out of his system last time around and will act normal!

C'mon, get with the medieval swords! Have a chop-Off, see which does better slicing a tomato, one of our knives vs a sword! hehe

Just kidding.

My advice - RUN!!!!! Only kidding. Set up ground rules and things should be fine. It could be so much worse!
I did it once. I had the host from HE double hockey sticks. It took her over a month to get me the money I needed to send in the show. She had all sorts of excuses. Then she lied about why it was late. She told everyone it was my fault. That I messed up some of the orders and it took us that long to get it straightened out. My mom worked with this lady at the time and my mom told everyone the truth. But I goofed. I did it again. Hey I needed the business. Again, it took for ever to get the money from her. Then to make matters worse, I had a problem with a credit card. I called the host because I could not get a hold of the lady. I told the host that I had the numbers messed up or the date and I had to get a hold of this lady because the card would not go through. Well, it took another 4 and half weeks to get the money from the host but this time, she blamed the lady with the credit card. This host had the nerve to tell everyone at work, yes, my mom and this guest all worked at the same place, that this lady was apparently having financial problems and she gave me a bad card. She actually called it fraud! After I said I HAD MESSED UP THE NUMBERS! And as her credit card would not go through so every thing was held up until I got it straightened out! Can you imagine! My mom again, came to the rescue. I did mess up the numbers. I had transposed the last two. Well, this time, and it only took about two months but this time she was completely humiliated. She had to quit her job because of that lie.

Host coach, host coach, host coach.

Business is business, smile, set specific expectations/rules. I have hostesses that I quite frankly do not like.. they have no idea and their money is green, so we continue to do business together!

John, please tell me you won't do this lady's show again in the future?
This lady needs therapy or something, and what she did to that poor woman was inexcusable. Business is business, but to me, I have a moral obligation too that is more important. Now that you know how she operates, I'd be hesitant to give her that ground again.

My dad always quote "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." After two shots, there wouldn't be a third.

So yes, to the original poster, I'd give it another go, but then if it was more of the same, I'd probably find myself "very busy" and have "no available dates" for them.

Brenda.the.chef said:
Just received a call from a past host that absolutely was the worst and drove me nuts over a year ago. (Her husband and son got drunk at the show and started showing and demonstrating their sword collection for one) She wants to do another cooking show, which makes me cringe. Part of me wants to run the other way, but the business person in me is going to bite the bullet and do it again! Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions for a successful 2nd go round?

How sucessful was the show in terms of money and bookings? If her friends are into this kind of thing and it works, then.. well, let it work for you! Host coach to ensure she has outside orders and bookings prior to her show. Be sure to not spend any money out of YOUR pocket for this show. See if she has any friends interested in the business, this show could be THEIR kickoff show. :)

Related to Previous Host From H. E. (Double Toothpick)

1. Can I use my previous host rewards towards the purchase of the H. E. (Double Toothpick)?

Yes, you can use your previous host rewards towards the purchase of the H. E. (Double Toothpick). Our host rewards program allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

2. How do I redeem my previous host rewards for the H. E. (Double Toothpick)?

To redeem your previous host rewards for the H. E. (Double Toothpick), simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to assist you with placing your order and applying your rewards towards the purchase.

3. Is the H. E. (Double Toothpick) available for purchase without using previous host rewards?

Yes, the H. E. (Double Toothpick) is available for purchase without using previous host rewards. It can be purchased at the regular price through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website.

4. Can I host another party and earn rewards towards the H. E. (Double Toothpick) if I have already hosted a party in the past?

Yes, you can host another party and earn rewards towards the H. E. (Double Toothpick), even if you have hosted a party in the past. Our host rewards program allows you to host multiple parties and earn rewards each time.

5. What is the benefit of using the H. E. (Double Toothpick) in my cooking?

The H. E. (Double Toothpick) is a versatile kitchen tool that helps you easily remove food from hard-to-reach places, such as small jars or narrow bottles. It is also great for making decorative skewers and appetizers. It is a must-have tool for any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • babywings76