• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closed a Show at $1,562.70 - A New High & A $450 Commission!

In summary, Sheila was happy with her show results and closed at $1,562.70, her new high. She explained to the host how she could be qualified with this ONE show, still get the host benefits, a $350+ paycheck, 50% kit rebate, plus $100 Pampered Chef Dollars, etc. but the host wasn't interested. Despite this, she still had a great party and is currently at an average of $888.66 from her 4 cooking shows in 2010.
Sheila
Gold Member
I just closed a show at $1,562.70, my new high! I'm happy!!!

I explained to her how she could be qualified with this ONE show, still get the host benefits, a $350+ paycheck, 50% kit rebate, plus $100 Pampered Chef Dollars, etc. - but she wasn't interested. :eek:

Hey, with 8 shows on my calendar, I'm going to max out on commission this month. I'll take the ~$450 in commission! ;)

It was a January show and I already had a little over $2,400 in Jan sales. If she had closed before Feb 1st, it would have given me the last $600 that I need for the Dots Roll case. :(

And since it's a Jan show closed in Feb, it doesn't count for the double points incentive either. :(

But may I just say that she was VERY happy with her $510 in FPV!!! :D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SUPER!!!!!!!! Enjoy your upcoming commission!

Wow, that is absolutely fantastic! I'm assuming this was a cooking show? How many people placed orders to get you to that number?

Congratulations! Way to go Sheila!

fantastic!!!

That is awesome....what was the secret. Did she have a large showing?

6 buying guests at the show & 8 outside orders. One of the outside orders was over $500! I explained to the host what she would loose but how much that guest would SAVE if we were to do her as her own catalog show. The host spoke with the guest who said no, leave it as is so that the host could get credit. So the other 14 orders were what made up the other $1000. (Guest sales, $1,537.50).I'm still in shock that she turned down all the benefits AND the commission that she would have received for being the consultant! (And the $100 Pampered Chef Dollars, and the ability to buy the new spring line pieces at 50% off, and ...)

That's just absolutely wonderful!

That is so awesome! Great party!

I do the fully interactive cooking shows and we usually get about $60 per person. I also encourage the hosts to utilize the online ordering system to send invitations to their friends/family in the states so my show average is normally around $750 per show. Right now, of the 4 shows in 2010, I'm at an average of $888.66.

Here's an example of one of my host coaching e-mails. I'm thinking about making it an insert in their packet for future hosts. Oh and the host that I mentioned in bullet #2 is the one from here who ended up closing at over $1,500! :D

I wanted to send you some ideas on how to have a successful show!
  • Invite LOTS of people, the more you invite the better results you will have.
  • Utilize the online ordering system! Send it to your friends & family in the states as well. The outside orders can REALLY add up. I had a host the other day who was at $700 in guest sales on outside orders before I ever even walked into her house! She got another $600 in sales at her show & is currently at $1,341. She thought she had 1 or 2 more orders coming in & we are closing tomorrow night. So she may go higher. But the online sales really DO add up!!!
  • If they can't come, ask if they would like to place an order. Many will say yes!
  • If they say that they are coming, call them 2 days before the show & remind them about the show. Even if you leave a message when you know that they are not home saying "Hey, I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at 2PM for my Pampered Chef show!", it's a refresher for them to remember that they said they were coming & is proven to work!
  • Usually anyone who hasn't ordered in 2-3 days of the show will not order. And holding open a show for days or weeks is not fair to the guests who ordered before or during the show, as their orders are also delayed on shipping until we close out the show. ;) I'm working on a sales incentive and get double points for show held & closed in February. Since everyone will have their paychecks before the 28th, I would appreciate it if you would be willing to close in time for me to submit the show before midnight on the 28th. ;)
  • Try to have the final RSVP count 3 days before your show so that we can choose a recipe. As you know, all of my shows are interactive. If you think you are going to have more than 8 guests present, you might want to consider doing more than one recipe so that they can all participate and not be bored. I've done several shows with 3 recipes and one show with 4! But that is completely YOUR decision how many recipes to do since it is your responsibility to purchase the ingredients. ;)
  • I do not tell hosts that they can not have children at the show, that is also your decision to make. But I can advise you that little hands do not mix well with knives, hot stones, the food chopper, etc. I've found that most of the Mom's enjoy coming to these types of shows to have a little "adult" time away from the children. It's also easier for them to participate if they are not distracted. So I'll leave that decision up to you. ;)
  • I'm sure I already said this, but I'll reiterate: SOFA status personnel only!!! We do not pay import taxes and are prohibited from selling to the Japanese locals. There is no "gray" area on the custom's regulations. It's a violation and is punishable by the Japanese and your chain of command for active duty personnel or ERD (Early Return of Dependents) for civilians. If you try to buy for them and let them pay you behind my back, it's considered the "black market" and is also illegal. I can't stress enough how important it is to abide by this regulation.
  • We do have shipping restrictions here on Okinawa and are not allowed to accept mail for others unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. So every buying guest has to use the "direct" shipping rates. :( I've had people try to combine orders to save on shipping. If they choose to do that, they need to understand that their warranty will be in the name on the order form. So if someone is buying an item under a friend's name, they are going to have a hard time should a warranty issue arise. It's much easier to just pay the direct shipping rate & know that they can call corporate, give their name & address & have warranty issues handled more easily.

The host coaching tips WORK! If you follow them, you can have a very successful show. I used to think that this next phrase was not needed, but I was recently proven wrong, so I'm now asking hosts - please do NOT tell your guests "You don't have to order anything, just come & have fun" as they may take you seriously! One host discovered that they hard way. :( You are inviting them to your show to have fun, but you also want them to order so that you can earn lots of great things for free and at a discount. So the more they order, the more host benefits YOU earn! ;)

Although being a Pampered Chef Consultant is lots of fun, this is still how I pay for all the little extras for my family. My Husband leaves Okinawa in mid-February for a school & then I'll meet him at the new duty station, so I'll be paying sitters to watch the little ones while I do my shows from mid Feb until I leave. If you need to cancel your show for any reason, please let me know as soon as possible. The more notice that I receive the better chance I have at re-booking the date. It also affords me the opportunity of canceling the sitter with adequate notice for her to make other plans as well. ;)

Congratulations! That's great.

Awesome for you, Sheila. Thanks for sharing your notes. Enjoy the commission!

Wahoo!!! How fun! Great job!

What a great total! Congratulations

Wow! That is great! You've given us all hope I think!

Also, thanks for the message you sent, I really appreciated the information.

1. How did you manage to close a show at such a high amount?

Closing a show at a high amount takes a combination of factors, including having a strong network of customers, offering high-quality products that people are willing to invest in, and having effective sales techniques. We also offer incentives and discounts for hosting a show, which can help boost sales.

2. What products were the most popular at this show?

The most popular products at this show can vary depending on the demographics and preferences of the guests. However, some of our best-selling products include our signature cookware and kitchen tools, as well as our popular kitchen gadgets and food items.

3. How do you calculate the commission for closing a show?

The commission for closing a show is based on a percentage of the total sales. At Pampered Chef, our consultants earn a 20% commission on their personal sales, so in this case, the $450 commission would be 20% of the total sales of $1,562.70.

4. Can you share any tips for successfully closing a show?

Some tips for successfully closing a show include building relationships with your customers and making them feel valued, offering personalized recommendations based on their needs, and being knowledgeable about the products and their benefits. Additionally, hosting a fun and interactive show can help keep guests engaged and interested in making purchases.

5. What can customers expect when hosting a Pampered Chef show?

When hosting a Pampered Chef show, customers can expect a fun and interactive experience, where they can try out products and learn new cooking techniques. They will also have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales at their show. Our consultants will handle all of the ordering and delivery processes, making it a hassle-free experience for the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies