• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Had 2 Guests Book at the Same Cooking Show, One for Jan 16Th, One

In summary, Noora's two shows yielded different results - one was a complete bust, while the other was successful. However, the successful show host listened to and followed Noora's coaching advice, which resulted in a much higher commission check.
Sheila
Gold Member
I had 2 guests book at the same Cooking Show, one for Jan 16th, one for Jan 17th. Other than the past host, totally different crowds, otherwise I'd have encouraged them to spread out their shows more. The same host coaching for both ... one listened & just closed at $1,213.45 in guest sales ... the other said she was happy with whatever she got from her show & refused to take outside orders or send online invitations to her friends/family in the states. Her show closed at $516.50 and I gave her 2 outside orders for $90 to help get her over the hump! Man, what a huge difference for the one who freaking listened!!! She earned $398 in Free Product Value! She chose a host special & 4 half-priced items, but opted not to use her 30% discount. She received $473.50 worth of merchandise for $55.20 (a $418.30 savings)!!! She's happy!!! :DShe didn't want to sign as a consultant though. :( Oh, well. I would rather have had another go-getter on my team, but I'll take the commission as a consolation prize. ;)

Re: Amazing!!!How fabulous for you! I wish I could get some of those hosts that listen... then again, I need to focus more on my host coaching too :)

Re: Amazing!!!What are you waiting on girl? An invitation???

Okay ... here it goes ...

Noora, you are cordially invited to Step Up Your Business and work harder at Host Coaching so that you can make MORE commission by working LESS hours!

I made a little over $450 commission this weekend for about 6 hours of work. That's about $75 per hour.

Does that do it for you? ;)

How 'bout if I cheer you on ...
HOST COACH,
HOST COACH, HOST COACH!!!

Or I can spell it out for you ... Give me an H, give me an O ... LOL

Re: Amazing!!!
Sheila said:
What are you waiting on girl? An invitation???

I was waiting for shows :D

I finally had my first January show on Sunday, and she's a repeat host and a former consultant, so I always have a grand time. I got two solid bookings the day of, and two who are checking dates. One of those "date-checkers" actually called ME last night. Unfortunately the date she had picked had been booked by someoene else because I had to shuffle due to Super Bowl Sunday. But she said she'd check her calendar for the other date I offered and would call me today. And if she already called yesterday like she said she would, I believe she'll call today, too!

Re: Amazing!!!I've seen the difference too.

I had a host who pretty much completely ignored me - I really wasn't sure if she was going to have a show....but she did. As much as I coached her to invite everyone, she refused to invite many people, because she lives in an apt. and was afraid she wouldn't have room - nothing I said could convince her otherwise. She had 7 attend, and refused to get outside orders - EVEN when her guests were telling her that so&so might like to see a book, etc....So, she closed the day of her party at $282! WHAT? She was happy with that - she got the Salad Chopper, the Jerk Seasoning, and the Bar Pan for free and 20% off....and she was thrilled. Crazy!

But then, the same week, I had a past consultant who hosted a show - she could have completely blown off my coaching, saying she knew what to do, but instead, she was a model host! She did EVERYTHING I encourage my hosts to do to have a successful show. Her show is closing at $1420! She is getting $473 in free product, and this is someone who already has a ton of PC products!

She isn't interested in re-signing either....but I told her that if she ever wanted to, she would be BRILLIANT at this, and I'd be honored to have her on my team!:thumbup:

Re: Amazing!!!Isn't it crazy how some people are satisfied with so little? When the host told me that she wouldn't be sending out online invitations to her friends & family in the states & would be happy with whatever she got from the show, I had to hold back. I was so tempted to tell her that she's messing with my stats & I wasn't happy with just the show sales!!! LOL I want to make it VERY worth my time every time I walk out my door!!! Hubby will be going on deployment soon & I'll be paying a sitter every time I go to do a show. I think I'm going to add that into my host coaching ... that they need to put in enough effort so that my commission covers my sitter PLUS a paycheck. Now I just have to figure out how to word it so I don't tick them off! LOL

Re: Amazing!!!
Sheila said:
Isn't it crazy how some people are satisfied with so little? When the host told me that she wouldn't be sending out online invitations to her friends & family in the states & would be happy with whatever she got from the show, I had to hold back. I was so tempted to tell her that she's messing with my stats & I wasn't happy with just the show sales!!! LOL I want to make it VERY worth my time every time I walk out my door!!! Hubby will be going on deployment soon & I'll be paying a sitter every time I go to do a show. I think I'm going to add that into my host coaching ... that they need to put in enough effort so that my commission covers my sitter PLUS a paycheck. Now I just have to figure out how to word it so I don't tick them off! LOL

I have a little blurb on my Guest List form that says something like

"Although I love my job, and this is so much fun for me, this is also my income. Please keep that in mind, and if you need to reschedule your party, do so with at least 3 weeks notice, so I can reschedule the date, and not be unemployed for that evening. Thanks so much!"

I think this helps MOST as they do their show - I've had people call and apologize for having to reschedule, saying something about hoping they've given me enough time to date another show...

But some people just don't care. I mean - who stops at $282? She was only $18 away from a half price product, and more free product....I just didn't get it.
BUT - I did get a booking for a Bridal Shower from her show, and those are always great....so it wasn't a total disappointment!

1. What should I do if I accidentally double-booked my cooking show for Jan 16th?

If you have accidentally double-booked your cooking show for Jan 16th, the first step you should take is to contact both guests and apologize for the mistake. Then, try to find a solution that works for both guests, such as rescheduling one of the shows or offering a different date for one of the guests to attend.

2. Can I have both guests attend the cooking show on Jan 16th?

Unfortunately, having both guests attend the cooking show on Jan 16th may not be possible as it may exceed the maximum capacity for the event. It is best to discuss with both guests and try to find a suitable alternative.

3. Will I still receive host rewards if I have two guests booked for the same cooking show?

Yes, you will still receive host rewards for both guests if they attend the same cooking show. However, if one of the guests cannot attend, their order will not count towards your host rewards.

4. Can I reschedule one of the cooking shows to a different date?

Yes, you can reschedule one of the cooking shows to a different date if both guests agree to it. Contact both guests and discuss alternative dates that work for everyone.

5. What happens if one of the guests cancels their booking?

If one of the guests cancels their booking, their order will not count towards your host rewards. It is important to communicate with the guest and try to find a solution that works for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies