• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Only 6 Guests Showed Up, but Every Single One Booked a Show!

I would be so stressed if I could only do one show. But, if you WANT it you can do it :)If you want to do a mega show, have all the hosts invite their own guest and take orders as individual shows. That way you can manage your time and still make a ton of money. Thanks for the advice!
BadGirl
Gold Member
I was sad at first to see that only 6 guests showed up for my party on Saturday, but imagine my surprise when all six guests booked a show.

Oh....and the party did great, placing order wise, because my show so far is at the $875 range, with a few outside orders expected, and the show doesn't close until Friday night.

This is pretty damn cool. My only issue is when I can hold these six shows. Because of schedule limitations, I refuse to host a party throughout the week, and won't do a show on Sundays. I can only do a show on a Saturday. Oh, well....I'll work something out.

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!

Wow! That's awesome! :)

BadGirl said:
I was sad at first to see that only 6 guests showed up for my party on Saturday, but imagine my surprise when all six guests booked a show.

Oh....and the party did great, placing order wise, because my show so far is at the $875 range, with a few outside orders expected, and the show doesn't close until Friday night.

This is pretty damn cool. My only issue is when I can hold these six shows. Because of schedule limitations, I refuse to host a party throughout the week, and won't do a show on Sundays. I can only do a show on a Saturday. Oh, well....I'll work something out.

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!
Well, they do have 6 months to have the shows for the host to get credit and they may know each other too so I'd start there. If there are some who don't know each other you can book 2 per month and get them in within 3 months.

That's awesome that you got all those parties! Congrats! :)

Did you ask the host if she wanted to start her own business with all those bookings?

Did you do the booking slide? What do you think made everyone want to book?

Back to back shows on Saturdays are rough but if you WANT it you can DO IT :)

OR

Do a MEGA Show...Have all the hosts invite their own guest to one big show and take orders as individual shows :)

pampchefsarah said:
Did you do the booking slide? What do you think made everyone want to book?
No, I didn't use a booking slide. I really am not in to games and events that clutter up my message of selling great products that will help a cook in the kitchen put out the best meal possible.

As a matter of fact, my host and all of the guests were really happy that I didn't force games upon them.....they thanked me for that, and I believe that was what convinced them to hold their own show. That, and I'm a lot of fun. :p

Honestly, I think it was the Limon' vodka I added to the Lemony Gingertini's I made. Dang, that stuff was da' bomb!

babywings76 said:
Wow! That's awesome! :)
Thank you! Yep, I'm pretty stoked, too. This was really my first cooking show. The only cooking shows I've done before were in front of family, so I didn't have the same nervousness as I had with Saturday's show.

BethCooks4U said:
Well, they do have 6 months to have the shows for the host to get credit and they may know each other too so I'd start there. If there are some who don't know each other you can book 2 per month and get them in within 3 months.
Iknow I can kick this out of the park. I'm only a little nervous that the guests to their shows will also want to book a show with me. That in and of itself wouldn't be a bad idea, but I am so stressed out on my time that I'm not sure when I could fit in additional shows.

KrisGio said:
That's awesome that you got all those parties! Congrats! :)
Thanks for the encouraging words!

wadesgirl said:
Did you ask the host if she wanted to start her own business with all those bookings?
No, the host is just as stressed out with her "real" job as I am with mine that she's not interested in becoming a consultant. She is, however, a great lead for future guests/hosts, so that's a very good thing.

ughubug said:
Back to back shows on Saturdays are rough but if you WANT it you can DO IT :)

OR

Do a MEGA Show...Have all the hosts invite their own guest to one big show and take orders as individual shows :)
That's a great idea on the MEGA show. I'll have to pursue that to see if it's a viable option for these hosts. Thanks!

Back to back Saturday are tough for me. I have a 40-hour a week regular job, a 3 year old, a busy husband, and I also have a catering job ever Saturday to provide lunch to 20 people at my husband's school (he's in class on Saturday's to get his PhD). Yep, it's a VERY busy life. I'm only willing to give up so much of it.......

Back to back Saturday shows are a little hectic but they are totally worth it to work with your hosts schedule. Especially since all 6 of them booked! Morning show or afternoon show and evening show. I have done it and it worked out well.
Of course someone else mentioned that they do have 6 months to book a show but usually I try not to go longer than 3 months. Usually I have never had a host want to book a show more than 4-6 months out. Unless it's a repeat host. I don't want their enthusiasm to fade away and then they change their mind. Stuff happens in life all the time and even the smallest change in a person's schedule can cause them to cancel a show or get together in their home. At least that is what I have experienced. They also ask about the host special and I never know it that far out.
And even though we shouldn't really stress the host special for that particular month, it's kind of inevitable since so many of my customers know about host specials for 50-60% off and ask me what's on special for each month.
Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
Back to back Saturday shows are a little hectic but they are totally worth it to work with your hosts schedule. Especially since all 6 of them booked! Morning show or afternoon show and evening show. I have done it and it worked out well.
Of course someone else mentioned that they do have 6 months to book a show but usually I try not to go longer than 3 months. Usually I have never had a host want to book a show more than 4-6 months out. Unless it's a repeat host. I don't want their enthusiasm to fade away and then they change their mind. Stuff happens in life all the time and even the smallest change in a person's schedule can cause them to cancel a show or get together in their home. At least that is what I have experienced. They also ask about the host special and I never know it that far out.
And even though we shouldn't really stress the host special for that particular month, it's kind of inevitable since so many of my customers know about host specials for 50-60% off and ask me what's on special for each month.
Debbie :D

I agree and I don't even usually offer it unless it's a big group of friends - in that case, they love the idea of taking turns each month to get the specials.

BadGirl said:
Thank you! Yep, I'm pretty stoked, too. This was really my first cooking show. The only cooking shows I've done before were in front of family, so I didn't have the same nervousness as I had with Saturday's show.

Iknow I can kick this out of the park. I'm only a little nervous that the guests to their shows will also want to book a show with me. That in and of itself wouldn't be a bad idea, but I am so stressed out on my time that I'm not sure when I could fit in additional shows.

Thanks for the encouraging words!

No, the host is just as stressed out with her "real" job as I am with mine that she's not interested in becoming a consultant. She is, however, a great lead for future guests/hosts, so that's a very good thing.

She's just as stressed as you - but you became a consultant.:confused:

What's the difference?

I would do the back to back option, or maybe a Friday night? It's not so tough if you are doing the same recipe if you do back to back, just bring enough catalogs and wash your dishes at the first hosts house and pack up, then you will be ready for the next show later that day. Usually when I double book shows, I book one at like 1pm and then again at around 6 or 7pm...
Friday night shows are my best ones though, I must admit.

Way to go...you had a great show! Sales + bookings = SUCCESS!

Congrats on a great show! ;)

Way to go on such a great show! I would also try to book 2 of their shows in one month, and schedule them out for 3 months.

Wow...CONGRATS!!!!

Good job congrats!!!

I think I would go with the Mega show where each host has 10 friends come and they can also bring a friend. If you wait too long I think you will lose all thiose bookings this way you are going to get it over with and . Think of this
6 host 10 guests each = 60 people plus each bring a friend 120 people
each host has her own party but that would be really great
see if you can rent a church hall also no one will dirty there house either . And you get to only do 1 show

Holy Shomoly! Way to GO! How awesome would that be?!? You rock!

What is the secret to having every guest book a show?

The secret is to create a fun and engaging atmosphere during the party. Make sure to showcase the products in a way that excites and interests the guests. Also, offer incentives for booking a show, such as free products or discounts.

How can I ensure my guests will actually show up to the party?

Send out reminder emails or texts a few days before the party, and follow up with a phone call the day of the event. You can also offer a small gift or discount for guests who RSVP and attend the party.

What should I do if I have a low turnout for my party?

If you have a low turnout, try reaching out to more people to invite. You can also offer incentives for guests to bring a friend or two. Additionally, make sure to have a fun and interactive party so those who do attend have a great time and are more likely to book a show.

How can I make sure each guest has a chance to book a show?

Before the party, make a list of potential hosts and assign each guest to one. During the party, make sure to give each guest a chance to speak and share their thoughts about the products. After the party, reach out to each guest and follow up on their interest in hosting a show.

What are some creative ideas for incentivizing guests to book a show?

You can offer a discount on their first order when they book a show, or a free product of their choice when they reach a certain amount in sales. You can also offer to host a themed party at their home, such as a cooking class or wine tasting, as an incentive for booking a show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • Adrian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies