• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lots of Direct Sales Companies at One Show

In summary, the host has previous experience with this type of show and suggests a recipe that doesn't require a lot of work.
beckysuem
I'm doing a show on Sunday afternoon and there will be 6 other direct selling companies at it (Mary Kay, Jewelry, etc). I'll be doing my cooking demo at 5, but it is an open house from 5-7. I worry that I really won't have people's attention at 5 because they will be wandering around looking at the other stuff there and I'm pretty doubtful that it will end up being a very big show with so many other vendors there. The good news is that there will probably be a LOT of guests so perhaps I can get a few bookings out of it and it will be a great way to meet people (just moved to town a few weeks ago)! Any advice from those who have done something like this? Any tips on keeping people's attention?

7 total companies?! I hope they have a lot of people show up. I would work with your host to make sure that they can help wrangle the guests when it your time. They should be able to control their guests to pay attention to the person who needs it. If you haven't already picked a recipe I would pick on that doesn't require much work that you can just finish off and then focus on the hosting and recruiting benefits.

Depending on how exactly this works out, going first can be to your benefit. Last time I did this, I went first and the host actually wanted us to do demo, checkout, next demo, checkout .. etc. I already had most of the orders before the scentsy girl even did her demo. I will admit it was one of my lower shows, but still it was a $300 show so not bad.

If you are going with the goal of getting bookings, create yourself a LARGE calendar (half-size poster board maybe). Create it for the next 5 weeks or so (just draw a grid with the 7-days a week, plus the Days of the week across the top). Start one week out if you need bookings then (or if you are booked that week, go 2 weeks). Then fill in the dates. Off to the side of each week- have a big arrow and a line where you will fill in what your booking special is for that week....offer an extra incentive for them to book that week. The closer the booking week, the greater the benefit (ie- an extra $40 in product if they book a show NEXT WEEK- that you'll add to the Host's order when you close, so obviously you won't pay that much; then the 2nd week might be $30, then $20 for the 3rd week, $10 for the 4th week.....you fill in what you want.) . It must be a strong enough bonus to make them jump at it. It may seem like alot, but if you have at least $200 in sales, a $40 item will cost you about $25 after the host discount and your commission on that item. Your total show commission on a $200 show is $40, so you have about $15 profit (or break even if you bought food, etc). BUT hopefully you get more bookings/leads.

The idea is to give them an extra bonus. At the top of your poster/calendar, you'll put "BOOKING SPECIAL". Then, for every date you have something going on and cannot do a show, put a post-it note with the words "booked" on it. (Bright Post-it notes). Any day you cannot do a show- you want one of those notes. Then put that calendar/board on an easel near your table. Since you are in a small setting, a half-poster, or even a regular size paper- just mount it on a bright piece of paper and/or Foam Board so it stands out - might work well. Full poster is great for a large expo type booth.

As hosts book with you, just add a "booked" post-it note to the calendar. As dates fill up- folks may feel the sense of urgency to book.

Then just do your demo like you normally would. :) Pick out one or two recipes that have great WOW factor (something in the DCB for example, maybe some yummy salsa) OR better yet, maybe a Pantry type Tasting Show. :D

Good luck!

I had a similar show 8 months ago, and walked away with no sales. I kept in touch with the host (who also sells Candles) and she just referred me to someone. I now have a September show on the calender - and the potential for a lot more leads.... Think positive, you never know where this could lead your business.

Just FYI, it went ok. All of the sellers there agreed that it wasn't really the best thing for us. (The Vault Denim girls drove 2 hours both ways and sold 1 pair of jeans. I'm sure their commision won't even pay for gas). I did about $240 in sales--more than zero, right?? :) Hard to justify being away from my family for 10 dollars an hour, but I got a LOT of contacts and 2 booking leads, so who knows what will come.

1. What is "Lots of Direct Sales Companies at One Show"?

"Lots of Direct Sales Companies at One Show" is an event where multiple direct sales companies come together to showcase and sell their products. It is a one-stop shop for customers to browse and purchase a variety of products from different companies.

2. How many direct sales companies typically participate in this show?

The number of companies can vary, but usually there are around 10-20 companies participating in the show.

3. Can anyone attend this show or is it only for people in the direct sales industry?

Anyone can attend this show! It is open to the public and all are welcome to come and shop.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions at this show?

Yes, many companies offer special deals or promotions exclusively at the show. This is a great opportunity for customers to save money on their favorite products or try new ones at a discounted price.

5. Is there an admission fee for this show?

Generally, there is no admission fee for customers to attend "Lots of Direct Sales Companies at One Show". However, some shows may require a small fee for entry, which is typically used for charity donations or venue rental fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • NewbyPChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • ChefPaulaB