• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Group Direct Sales Show Worth It?

well, theyre all direct sales people so they would be okay with it. Sounds like you would need some sort of draw to get people there or it wouldnt work very well.I think it would be a good idea if the hostess benefits were shared by all the consultants. I also think it would be a good idea to have a draw for door prizes.I think it would be a good idea if the hostess benefits were shared by all the consultants. I also think it would be a good idea to have a draw for door prizes.
ChefPaulaB
I have a friend who asked me to do a show at her house along with a few other direct sales consultants ... a jewelry lady, a gold exchanger, Tastefully Simple, spa stuff and then she herself sells Scrapbooking Stuff. I'm intrigued, but still hesitant... she isn't sure how it will run, she's never done it before, but is attending one the end of this month with 3 different consultants (none are PC). My big question is, since she is also working as a consultant, how does the host benefit program work and who invites all of the guests. She wants us all to donate some door prizes and pass out play money to buy into door prize drawing and different things like that. It sounds more like a Girls Night Out Shopping Spree then an actual regular show with a host that gets the benefits from all of the shows from all of the consultants. I know that it's going to be at her house, but I don't know. If all of the consultants invite people so it has a huge turnout, then I think that it might be worth it. If it's just her inviting her friends, and their money being divided up among all of the different vendors, then I'm not so sure I'm going to be willing to give up one of my November show dates for it over just a solo show... What do you all think? Any thoughts on advice for her as far as setting up and running it? Has anyonen done this sort of thing before?

Sounds more like an open house to me. I did one before in my home. It was me and some of my DS friends. We did it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We all invited our customers. I also put flyers on doors in my neighborhood and put up signs nearby to direct people to stop by. It was mildly successful. I wish I could keep doing it, but we moved and don't have the space anymore. I think building it up annually you would develop a following.

Maybe see about doing a Mystery Hostess style thing.

I am setting up at something similar in November and the hostess benefits belong to the consultant to do w/ as she pleases. There is no actual hostess.

the following w/end I have a hostess that has 4 of us setting up at her house, and she will get the benefits, she doesn't sell anything, just wants to have a big open house.

pampered.chris said:
Maybe see about doing a Mystery Hostess style thing.

I am setting up at something similar in November and the hostess benefits belong to the consultant to do w/ as she pleases. There is no actual hostess.

the following w/end I have a hostess that has 4 of us setting up at her house, and she will get the benefits, she doesn't sell anything, just wants to have a big open house.

Let us know how that goes! I'd just be concerned about too many options for people to spend their limited money on... but maybe I'm being too negative... it is the holiday season and people are Christmas shopping, and people do love PC! Anyway, let me know how they both go! Thanks!

People only have so much money to spend each month. If you are going to do this, EACH vendor needs to invite about 100 people in order for anyone to be able to make money.

this is so funny. I was supposed to be doing the same thing on nov 1st with five other consultants and then I decided it wasnt a great idea after all and backed out. Now none of them are doing it. I just kept thinking, what is the draw to get them here? The other consultants and I all seem to be stuck at the number 5-8 with ind open houses so if thats the case then does that mean we will have about 25-35 people show up ? and what will they decide to buy? I just wasnt sure how that would work out , pretty much your competing with the other girls. My aunt does arbonne and she had the same feeling about it. I think its a good idea , you would just really need to make sure all the other people were really into it and inviting all their contacts. Also, the issue that came up with the girls I was going to have at my house was , they kept saying they thought people might be uncomfortable to go to someones house they dont know. The ppl I invite of course know me or of me but the other ppl might not want to just stop at my house.

See, that's what I keep thinking too, there has to be a whole bunch of people to really make it worth my while, and I just don't see that happening unless we have some really awesome prizes and a lot of advertising, and there are just so many other things already going on... I have 2 other similar shows before this one but they are put on by a sponsor like the Elks is holding one and inviting the vendors to come and pay for a table, it's all direct sales people, no crafts or anything like that, and then they supply the space and it's more of a public space and more advertising and more vendors. So I'm just leary of this one being at someone's house and all. I'm having good luck getting my November booked and I only have a few more dates left and I don't know if I want to waste one on this... but it's hard being it's my friend, I hate to sound greedy.... just not sure. Thanks for all of the input so far. Makes me feel like I should follow my instincts and say no.

1. What is a Group Direct Sales Show?

A Group Direct Sales Show is an event where a Pampered Chef consultant presents and sells our products to a group of people. These shows are typically hosted in a home or other location and offer an opportunity for guests to see our products in action and make purchases directly from the consultant.

2. How do I host a Group Direct Sales Show?

To host a Group Direct Sales Show, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date and time for the event. You can then invite your friends, family, and colleagues to attend and enjoy a fun and interactive shopping experience.

3. Are there any benefits for hosting a Group Direct Sales Show?

Yes, there are many benefits for hosting a Group Direct Sales Show! As a host, you will earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show. You will also have the opportunity to try out new products and receive exclusive host rewards.

4. How many people can attend a Group Direct Sales Show?

There is no set limit on the number of people who can attend a Group Direct Sales Show. However, it is recommended to have at least 10 guests in order to maximize the host rewards and benefits.

5. Can I customize the products featured at my Group Direct Sales Show?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to customize the products that will be featured at your show. This can include specific themes, recipes, or products that align with your personal preferences or needs. Your consultant will work with you to create a personalized and enjoyable shopping experience for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • lesliec