• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thought She Was a "Golden Guest"

In summary, the lady came to the show, liked the products, but didn't order anything because she was too busy talking. After the show, she thanked me and told me she would order later. However, she never did. Later, she came over to my house and I finalized her order for a $100 sale.
emiscookin
So I had my first cooking show last week and it was great! $400 in sales! 15 Guests! :D I was hoping to get a little more in sales, but that's ok. $400 is good!!

I invited a lady and her daughter because I am close friends with her. When this lady and her daughter showed up they brought a friend!! I didn't even know they were going to! I was SO happy! To me this was a "Golden Guest." ;)

At the party, after the demonstration, this lady told me she had to leave but asked for a catalog so she could look it over and order in a couple of days. I said, "Sure! I'll be in touch with you later."

So a few days go by, I sent her emails but she never wrote back so I finally called her (which I was gonna do anyway). She told me she and her husband looked through the catalog and nothing seemed to jump out at them. "I won't be ordering right now," she said, "but I may later."

I was disappointed... :( not only because I lost a sale, but because I am SO close to reaching my new consultant $1250 goal I was hoping her sale would help with that. After I got off the phone with her, I said to myself, "Gee, thanks for coming to my party, bringing your daughter AND a friend and none of you ordered." :(

So much for "Golden Guest" huh?

But I'm ok now ;)

I'm sorry to hear that. It's disappointing, for sure.In my experience, I've found that 95% of the people who don't order at the show and take a catalog home never actually place an order. It's frustrating.

I'm glad you're OK now. Often times the uninvited guest can be the perfect guest, because they're coming out of want, not out of obligation to their friend, the host.

I have, however, learned that if someone doesn't order at the show, they probably won't. It's just the nature of the beast, and I'm sure that won't be the last time it happens to you.

There are only two things to say: "Bless & Release" and "Some will, some won't, so what, who's next?"

:D

I had a lady last week at a show who showed up early, raved about the products, YAPPED through the whole show to anyone who would listen....paid NO attention to me and was even disruptive because people couldn't hear me....left without placing an order but thanked me profusely. Yeah, thanks to you too.

Maybe people just show up for the food. Like those people who crash wakes and wedding receptions ... just for the food and drink.

leftymac said:
I'm sorry to hear that. It's disappointing, for sure.

In my experience, I've found that 95% of the people who don't order at the show and take a catalog home never actually place an order. It's frustrating.

Yeah, you're right. The nice thing is, I DID have one lady that took a catalog home and said she would look through it and give me her filled out order form later. Yesterday, she came over to my house and I finalized her order. It was a $100 sale!! :D I was SO excited!!

That's rare I would imagine? ;)

Nanisu said:
I had a lady last week at a show who showed up early, raved about the products, YAPPED through the whole show to anyone who would listen....paid NO attention to me and was even disruptive because people couldn't hear me....left without placing an order but thanked me profusely. Yeah, thanks to you too.

Wow. I am so sorry about that! :(

It's sad but people like that don't realize that they are a disturbance.

If it makes you feel any better, this lady I talked about on here, she was chatting A LOT too during my demonstration. So maybe THATS why nothing from the catalog jumped out at her because she wasn't PAYING ATTENTION to begin with!!

NooraK said:
There are only two things to say: "Bless & Release"
:D

You know what? That's what my Director says all the time. ;)

I had party were we fed 17 people grilled mini pita pizzas. The host spent a fortune on food, most of them were family. I left 4 hours later with not one order. No kidding! However, everyone took a catalog and we ended up getting almost $900 in sales about a week later. My host later found out and told me that she picked a bad day to have the party as no one was getting paid until the following week and no one knew how much they could spend! I gotta tell you by the time I got home, thank goodness it was only a 15 minute drive, I was so upset because I could not figure out what I did wrong, I was in tears! You just never know sometimes!

pampered1224 said:
I had party were we fed 17 people grilled mini pita pizzas. The host spent a fortune on food, most of them were family. I left 4 hours later with not one order. No kidding! However, everyone took a catalog and we ended up getting almost $900 in sales about a week later. My host later found out and told me that she picked a bad day to have the party as no one was getting paid until the following week and no one knew how much they could spend! I gotta tell you by the time I got home, thank goodness it was only a 15 minute drive, I was so upset because I could not figure out what I did wrong, I was in tears! You just never know sometimes!

Oh wow! :eek:
I would've been in tears too!!!!
But I'm SO glad it turned out GREAT for you!!
I love happy endings! ;)

Yes, sometimes the fact that they are not ordering is finances and has NOTHING to do with the consultant or the product. You have to do good host coaching, hold your shows when it works best for the crowd (which includes working around a payday if it's all their co-workers coming) and being flexible! If they are not paying attention, round them up & make them help! ;)

1. What is "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest"?

"Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" is a Pampered Chef recipe that features a delicious combination of golden potatoes, green beans, and chicken. It is a simple and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion.

2. How long does it take to prepare "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest"?

The preparation time for "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" is approximately 15 minutes. However, the overall cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest"?

Yes, you can customize "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" to your liking by substituting ingredients. For example, you can use sweet potatoes instead of golden potatoes, or add in other vegetables like carrots or bell peppers.

4. How many servings does "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" make?

The "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" recipe yields 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the chicken pieces and the portion size.

5. Can I make "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" in advance?

Yes, you can prepare "Thought She Was a "Golden Guest" ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Simply cover the dish with plastic wrap or foil and store for up to 24 hours before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SDTeaGirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
maldvs
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • SherryLynn