• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combined Show With Tastefully Simple

In summary, the mom 2 mom sale attendee was interested in purchasing products from both PC and TS, but felt that the TS products were overpriced and did not taste very good. The attendee asked the presenter to make one of the TS recipes with their products, but the presenter declined because everything would be premade. The presenter displayed both PC and TS products, and offered guests sauces, rubs, and dips. For the demo, the presenter made chicken your way and used two PC rubs and one TS Fiesta Party dip spice. For dessert, the presenter demo'ed the TS apple cake in the DCB. Normally it takes 45-50 minutes in the oven, but it only took 12 minutes in the microwave thanks to
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
So, I booked a show from a mom 2 mom sale for this saturday. The lady was already having a TS party and didn't want to do 2 parties so she asked if I would mind doing a combo. I need bookings adn sales so I said yes, as long as the TS consultant was ok with it, since it was hers to begin with. TS lady is very ok with it. I have the 1st half hour or so, so I am making the mago salsa and then when I am done she will go over her products, so I ahve to make a great 1st impression to shwo how our products make food from stractch quick and easy like her premade foods.

Ok, so, how can I make this a great show for me, w/o totally taking over her sales or losing all of mine.

I asked if I could make one of her recipes with our products, but she said that everything she was going to sample would be all premade, so she didn't seem up for that idea.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

I'd make a cake in the DCB and the Mango Confetti Salsa.

I do shows with tastefully simple all the time. Our products compliment each other. Simple additions: serving the dips. Cookware: making the soup. Stoneware loaf pan: their beer bread. Stoneware bar pan: their foccacia bread. Trifle bowl: their brownie mix, combined with the other ingredients to make the Black forest trifle.

I have a friend who sells both PC and TS (yes, I know it's wrong, and yes I know 1 consultant can't represent both companies at the same show) She has done joint parties before and usually TS prevails in sales....

I say boo hiss to that and here is why.... and please TS fans don't get on my back about what I have to say... it's just my opinion.

TS is over priced for what it is and how it tastes... yes I use some of the garlic pepper seasoning in my hubbys eggs every morning... I do use a few of the products regularly... BUT... I have an entire cupboard dedicated to all those TS products I ordered from a random person's party that will never get made... even though I have recipes and suggestion cards for every product. THEY JUST SIT THERE! My PC products come out of hiding almost every day.

So my point is you CAN and WILL rock this show... you have the advantage of doing your demo first which will put in people's minds what they want to buy and their mind will be made up. I wouldn't deviate from your normal show delivery too much. If I were you I would do a short into, a little bit about the 4 collections (cookware, knives, stoneware with emphasis on the DCB, and SA & Bamboo), demo the salsa, brief guests on upcoming specials and hostess benefits, then close, sending them off to the TS consultant with Pampered Chef seeds already planted and growing while she drones about how fabulous their meal kits are... because our tools are what's going to help them make those meal kits!

Good luck and you can do it!

Good thing you are first! Be sure to be as interactive as posible. Ask lots of questions, get the tools in the guests hands, laugh, have fun, etc. TS shows are soooo boring! After a great time with you, they will then have to sit down and pass around tray after tray of samples which after a while all taste the same. And, when the TS gal raves about the garlic-garlic or season salt, say, Yes, sprinkle them on chicken and throw them on our grill press and have Chicken Your Way! Asparagus on the bar pan with a dash of xxx, 10 minutes, delish!

I've done a show with a TS rep, she's my friend, so we complimented each other the whole way through...It worked out perfect.on display and for the guests to enjoy, I displayed the spice turn about, displayed pc and ts spices and rubs. we also put out pc dipping seasonings in oil, pc sauces over cream cheese, host made the pc pull apart pizza.For my demo, all I made was the chicken your way, and used 2 pc rubs and 1 ts fiesta party dip spice, while I was doing the chicken and in between bits of pieces of what i did, ts rep passed around another sample. For dessert, I demo'ed the TS apple cake in the DCB, normally 45-50 minutes in the oven, now only 12 minutes in the microwave, showed many products in the mean time, while that baked, TS rep kept passing out samples. Needless to say, the show didn't take any longer than normal, we just intertwined everything together. We even did a special on shipping when people ordered from both of us.I do feel that if I was alone, I'd get more sales, but then again if I didn't agree to a double show, that I would have had 0 sales, but it still was over $750 show, and received a few bookings.I wouldn't do it all the time this way, but I would definitely do it again if it's a matter of doing it or nothing at all.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will try calling the TS girl to ask if she can bring a cake mix so I can DCB it. Originally she didn't seem interested in intertwining, but hopefully she will liek that idea.

I will definitely try ro make it more interactive, since all they do for TS is sit and taste.

This is a strange show for me. My host hasn't even looked in my catalog yet (or the TS one). She has been telling everyone she knows about the party, but I think is doing it to have a party and drink some margharitas. Her husband passed this past fall so she needs some fun time. Host coaching is not really working for her, but she has some family that she had me call to explain how to order online so they could get orders from their workplaces, so that is pretty cool...I have no idea what kind of outcome to expect, I am optimistic though :)

And if she isn't open to the idea of intertwining it, I still think you'll be fine. I'd just stay away from making a point to show our consumable products, since that's putting competition out there. I mean, I think it's fine to use the new Chili Lime Rub in the Mango Confetti Salsa, but I don't think I'd spend time drawing people's attention to our whole line of consumables. They will find it in our catalog and I wouldn't want to risk upsetting the TS rep since that's the type of products that would be competition to her. I'd show our tools, get them to try out the mango wedger, pineapple wedger, and the MFP. Mix up a cake in the DCB and talk about the stoneware, grill pan, and BBQ tools (grill baskets, etc), and talk about how these things will save time and will help you keep your home cool this summer. Or skip the cake in the DCB and do chicken w/ the Smoky BBQ Rub and let them play with the Salad Choppers. :)

I just swapped parties with a Wildtree rep. (It's like TS only natural, no artificial dyes, preservatives, or sweeteners. They also focus more on meal solutions more so than party food. Comparing their stuff to grocery stores, it competes nicely.) At my party I showed all the WT food in/on PC dishes. At her party, we made tacos from the beef power cooking and used WT salsa, guacamole, and hot sauce. We each did our own parties, but still put a plug in for the other person. We both did about the same in sales, I convinced a neighbor to have a party this summer, I didn't manage to get a booking from hers, but maybe next time...

Update: My host had 3 people show up (being a saturday show she had 10 last minute cancellations) + the TS consultant and her mom. The TS consultant and her mom spend$90 & booked a catalog show, 2 ladies bought $30-$40 from both of us and the hosts step mom spent nearly $300! not bad, and my host is going to hit up her friends at the bowling ally this week to get more orders.

1. What is a combined show with Tastefully Simple?

A combined show with Tastefully Simple is when consultants from both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple come together to showcase and sell their products at one event. This allows guests to experience the best of both worlds and try out a variety of delicious food and useful cooking tools.

2. Can I order products from both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple at a combined show?

Yes, you can order products from both companies at a combined show. Our consultants will have both catalogs and order forms available for you to place orders for any items you are interested in.

3. Will there be any special deals or discounts at a combined show?

Each consultant may have their own special offers or discounts for their products at the combined show. It's a great opportunity to take advantage of these deals and save on your favorite products from both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple.

4. Do I need to attend a combined show with a Tastefully Simple consultant if I only want to purchase Pampered Chef products?

No, you do not need to attend a combined show with a Tastefully Simple consultant if you only want to purchase Pampered Chef products. Our consultants also host standalone shows, so you can attend one of those to purchase your preferred products.

5. Can I host a combined show with Tastefully Simple and Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can host a combined show with both companies! It's a fun and unique way to gather your friends and family for a cooking and tasting experience. Plus, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products from both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msunn1973
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • ivykeep
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cewcooks
Replies