• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Minute Cancellation: Dealing with Hosting Hiccups | Pampered Chef Tips

In summary, the host cancelled her show because her husband was sick and couldn't move. Her husband had seen the hosts outside smoking cigarettes, so she wonders if that was why she cancelled. She also has a job as a Pampered Chef consultant, so one show cancellation is a blow to her ego. She decided to devote her time to working her business instead of going to the show. After the show, she collected orders from some family members to submit her show as a catalog show.
ChefMommyof3Boys
My host called me this morning and cancelled her show that was scheduled for TONIGHT. She said her husband was sick and he couldn't move and needed to take him to the ER. I completely understand that so I am trying to not to get upset. My husband had to go to the store this morning (before she called) and he said he had seen them outside on their porch having a cigarette and there was a big party next door (she lives on the way to the store). So I can't help but wonder if that is why she cancelled. I recently quit my other job so now Pampered Chef is my only job so one show cancellation is kind of a blow to my chest. What do yall do in the event of a cancellation at the last minute? :confused:

That's a tough one since your DH saw them enjoying a ciggie. The best approach is to devote the time that you would have spent at the show on working your biz, either contacting leads, doing online training, etc.

I had someone call me 6 days before her show to cancel. Her dad had a health issue but he wasn't in the hospital. So I asked if his surgery was that week sometime. Nope, she didn't know when he'd have surgery. It could be sometime in May so her Memorial Day weekend plans for the beach were up in the air. So why was she cancelling? All I can figure is she hadn't invited people and didn't really want to have the show. Same could be with your host. My host still hasn't gotten back to me with the orders she supposedly has to turn it into a catalog show. She never came through with a catty show last summer so I'm not holding my breath. She won't be able to schedule with me again without giving me a guest list.

Hehe, call her in two days just to check in and see if her DH is ok. She will be like "what??? Oh! Yah, umm". Busted. Then move on. She either never invited anyone, or they all were at the neighbors party instead. I would give her another chance probbly, but only one. After that, your calendar gets very full, no dates available for months!!

Can you tell I have had similar things happen? ;)

Thank you very much for letting me vent and for yall's advice! I took it! I spent time getting some Pamper Your Business things together, taking online training courses, and making a few calls. I have a physical therapy office that is going to get back to me by the end of the week to let me know if they are going to take me up on the pampering. And my husband is a part of a marine aquatic club that might be interested in a fundraiser. I ran into the host at the store last night and she said her husband has strep throat and her son has a cold. she says she will reschedule for later in the month so i'm trying to stay optimistic. There was already an order on her show from a friend of mine so I told her I couldn't make my friend wait that long so I had to submit it and she said it was fine. So I collected enough orders from some family members in SC to submit it as a catalog show! :)

Now that's taking those lemons and making some yummy lemonade!

Q: What is "Just a Host Vent"?

"Just a Host Vent" is a program offered by Pampered Chef for our hosts to earn additional rewards and benefits for hosting a party.

Q: How does "Just a Host Vent" work?

When a host earns at least $200 in sales and has at least one booking from their party, they can choose to redeem their rewards through "Just a Host Vent". This allows them to earn free or discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards.

Q: Can I combine "Just a Host Vent" rewards with other promotions or discounts?

Yes, "Just a Host Vent" rewards can be combined with other promotions and discounts, allowing hosts to maximize their rewards and savings.

Q: Are there any restrictions on what I can redeem through "Just a Host Vent"?

The only restriction is that "Just a Host Vent" rewards cannot be used towards business supplies, such as catalogs or business cards.

Q: How do I redeem my "Just a Host Vent" rewards?

To redeem your rewards, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and go to the "Just a Host Vent" section. From there, you can select your desired rewards and add them to your cart for checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • PamperedchefDaly