• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustrations: Host Reschedules Show Last Minute

In summary, the host for Friday's show had to reschedule due to lack of attendance, causing inconvenience for the speaker who had already arranged for babysitters. The speaker can relate to the situation as she had a similar experience with a previous show. She chose not to reschedule and offered to refer the host to another consultant who could better meet her needs.
ahammons
My host for Friday's show just called at 8:30pm to let me know that she wants to reschedule! :( I sort of had a feeling this would happen though. First of all, she scheduled her show one week in advance, so she barely had time to invite people. She didn't seem too excited about it - I think she wants to have a show, but she just didn't show it. Apparently only 2 people would have been able to make it, and she would rather wait to have it when she could get a better turn out. I understand that, I really do - but I'm still sort of aggravated that she waited until the night before to cancel!

Sorry, just had to vent a little :)

Sorry bout that Ashlee :( especially for a Friday nite show!! What a PITA!!

Yeah, and I actually had babysitters all lined up - my dad for my oldest son, and MIL for the youngest! lol (Sometimes they are a little hard for others to handle while they're together! :D Especially the youngest, he's still pretty mommy-dependent.) At least it would have been free! lol Now I can spend the night hanging out with my guys. :)

Sorry to hear that Ashlee. I can totally relate. My Saturday AM show last week hadn't returned any of my calls for weeks. I left one last message Thursday saying that if I didn't hear from her I had to assume she was canceling. She left a message on my machine Friday night at 8 PM, saying yes she was having her show and if she didn't hear from me by 8:30 PM she would call her guests and let them know I cancelled. I wasn't back in 30 minutes, so the show did not happen. I chose not to reschedule, but emailed her to keep the catalogs and she could do her show as a catalog show and close it with another consultant I referred her to, that could best meet her needs. I can't work with someone that never returns calls and doesn't respect me. My personal choice. The nice things about PC is I can do that. I can't choose who I work with in my day job (Teacher: Some of the parents I just smile and do my job).

Dear frustrated host,I am sorry to hear that your show has been rescheduled. I understand that it can be disappointing and frustrating when plans change last minute. I completely understand your feelings and I am here to support you.I want to assure you that I am always available to help you with your show, whether it's rescheduling or finding ways to increase attendance. I am committed to making your show a success and I am here to work with you every step of the way.Please know that I value your time and effort in hosting a show and I am grateful for your dedication to my business. Let's work together to find a new date that works for both of us and ensure that your show is a success.Thank you for your understanding and please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any concerns or questions.Sincerely,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. Why do hosts reschedule shows last minute?

There could be a variety of reasons why a host may need to reschedule their show last minute. They may have a personal emergency, a scheduling conflict, or unexpected circumstances that have come up. It's important to be understanding and flexible with your host in these situations.

2. Will I still earn commission if the show is rescheduled?

Yes, you will still earn commission on any sales that are made during the rescheduled show. However, if the show is cancelled altogether, you will not earn commission.

3. How should I handle a last-minute show reschedule?

First and foremost, communicate with your host and express your understanding of their situation. Then, work with them to find a new date that works for both of you. You can also offer to help them promote the rescheduled show to ensure a successful event.

4. What if I have already prepared for the original show date?

If you have already prepared for the original show date, such as making product samples or printing materials, you can save them for the rescheduled show. If the new date is too far in the future, you may need to make new samples or materials closer to the actual event.

5. How can I avoid last-minute show reschedules in the future?

While it's impossible to completely avoid last-minute show reschedules, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances. Make sure to communicate with your host regularly leading up to the event, and be flexible with scheduling options. You can also have a backup plan in case of emergencies, such as having a list of potential host replacements or being prepared to do an online show instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • wmrmgr