• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When a Host Cancels Then Reschedules...

In summary, Becky says that it all depends on the host, but that she offers to send the invites and try to get to the real reason for the cancellation.
pamperedmomto3
When a host cancels then reschedules do you typically have success at the show or do they usually bomb? Do you reschedule on your terms or do you do it without any stipulations or specific dates? I don't mean a cancellation that is due to unforseen circumstances, more along the lines that they just didn't do what they were supposed to do.

After getting burned a few times and not being able to re-book the date for someone else................. I offer them a catalog show. Then I coach it that way.

I book the date for someone else if I can. What I HATE is the last minute "re-schedule". Then I can't re-book the date!

When someone cancels like that, I'll reschedule, but I don't 'count' on it. I also ask them to let me know how committed they are to the new date....since I'm going to block it from anyone else booking it.....and that's my income.

Almost always, I find the show ends up just okay, but I did have one that was a whopper.

It all depends! I've had hosts cancel and reschedule and have a great party and I've had hosts cancel, reschedule, reschedule, reschedule... And then when they finally have their party it bombs. It's all up to the host. Sometimes stuff happens that is out of the host's hands that she has to cancel and other times it's just the host. Don't count all your chickens until the eggs hatch!

I don't get too many reschedules like that, because I mail out the invites - so I know far enough in advance if the host is going to fade out. I have had some this past winter cancel because of illness, etc....but their shows seem to do well when they do have them.
I put a little blurb into my Host Letter about how this is a fun job - but it is still my job, and my family depends on this income, so please let me know at least 3 weeks in advance if you need to cancel, so I'm not unemployed for the evening. This seems to work well - the few cancellations/reschedules I've had have been apologetic - "I know this is your job, and I am so sorry to have to call to reschedule......." I offer to help make the cancellation calls, and let guests know about the rescheduled date. I've actually gotten several individual orders by doing that - when people have something they really needed to order, and couldn't wait for the new date!

Becky is speaking (er typing) my thoughts too - thanks Becky!

pamperedlinda said:
Becky is speaking (er typing) my thoughts too - thanks Becky!

No problem!:p you should be a little frightened if you start thinking like me though!:eek:

I think it really depends on the host. I've had hosts change their day for earlier the same week, a week away and a month away. I've learned that a host only gets 2 reschedules and then I drop the idea of having a cooking show and start asking if they would like it to be a catalog show.
I've also been working on getting to the real reason they are canceling or rescheduling. I want to reassure and encourage them before just caving in and giving them a new day.

It's hard if they just didn't do anything. I would offer to send the invites (just ask for the stamps or have her reimburse you or whatever) and one thing some people do is if they originally picked a Saturday or more coveted day, they don't get that one again. After all, they may change it again.

I have also had a lot less problems with this since I started to do the inviations. Just a thought. :)

1. What happens to the orders when a host cancels and reschedules?

When a host cancels and reschedules a Pampered Chef party, all orders from the original party date will be transferred to the new date. This includes any online orders placed by guests before the cancellation.

2. Will the host still receive host rewards if they cancel and reschedule?

Yes, the host will still receive host rewards based on the total party sales from both the original date and the rescheduled date. However, if the party is cancelled and not rescheduled, the host will not receive any host rewards.

3. Can guests still order from the original party link if the host cancels and reschedules?

Yes, the original party link will still be active and guests can continue to place orders using that link for the rescheduled party date. However, any orders placed after the original party date will not count towards the host's rewards.

4. What if a guest cannot attend the rescheduled party date?

If a guest is unable to attend the rescheduled party date, they can still place an order using the original party link. However, if they are unable to attend or place an order at all, their order will not count towards the host's rewards.

5. Is there a time limit for when a host can reschedule a party?

There is no specific time limit for when a host can reschedule a party. However, it is recommended to reschedule within a reasonable amount of time to ensure guests are still interested and able to attend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Mary Rose
  • pcsharon1