• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling a Host Who Keeps Rescheduling: Tips and Strategies

In summary, the conversation is about how to handle a host who has tentatively rescheduled for a party but has not confirmed the date and time. Suggestions are given to give the host a deadline and politely remind them of the scheduled party. Different wording options are discussed, with some being more direct and others being more subtle. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of clear communication and setting expectations in a professional manner.
lissahope26
I have a host that has tentatively rescheduled for the first. She was suppose to check with her friends to see if that was a good day/time. Well, when I call her, she's busy. I leave messages also. I could have other plans but I'm sitting here waiting on her to make a decision.

What do you do in this situation? Do you go ahead and live your life, do you frequently call the host to get an answer, or do you let the host call you?

I've left the following message before:Hi, Susie, this is Rae, your PC Consultant. I'm waiting to hear from you about the first. Since we didn't set anything definite, I'll need to hear from you by 5 p.m. on Monday in order to secure that date. If I don't hear from you by then, I'll assume that the first doesn't work well for you, opening that date for other plans. I will continue to try to contact you to get a firm date set for your party, though. If you've decided that you're not interested in hosting at this time, that's fine. I just need to hear that from you.

I agree with Rae give her a deadline for her tentative date, and then schedule with others as you normally would. If the original date does not work with her than she will have to pick around your other parties.

raebates said:
I've left the following message before:

Hi, Susie, this is Rae, your PC Consultant. I'm waiting to hear from you about the first. Since we didn't set anything definite, I'll need to hear from you by 5 p.m. on Monday in order to secure that date. If I don't hear from you by then, I'll assume that the first doesn't work well for you, opening that date for other plans. I will continue to try to contact you to get a firm date set for your party, though. If you've decided that you're not interested in hosting at this time, that's fine. I just need to hear that from you.

Awesome wording Rae!

I like that Rae! Sounds polite but to the point!

Another way to word it, is to say, "I haven't heard from you since we set the date/time for your show. Since I haven't heard either way, I'll assume it's on and I'll be there 30 minutes before show time with all of the tools to make XXX recipe. See you then!" That usually gets a call from someone who is blowing you off, as they' won't want you showing up if they've decided to cancel!! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
Another way to word it, is to say, "I haven't heard from you since we set the date/time for your show. Since I haven't heard either way, I'll assume it's on and I'll be there 30 minutes before show time with all of the tools to make XXX recipe. See you then!" That usually gets a call from someone who is blowing you off, as they' won't want you showing up if they've decided to cancel!! ;)

LMBO, too funny!

cathyskitchen said:

I admit I would much rather say this!!! LOL!

But you just know that there are some who even though this is their issue will tell everyone what a "B" you were for leaving this msg.

some people...................

Wow, I left a message similar to what Rae said. She has yet to reschedule. But I sure would like to see the face of someone who will get the other message. . . . I just might try that. LOL You ladies just crack me up.

I don't see anything at all wrong with Cathy's message. I don't think it's harsh at all. My wording was for when I knew there was something else I could (or hoped to) schedule for that date, which was the feeling I got from Melissa's original post. I've used wording very similar to Cathy's when I was hoping to hold the show. And, she's right, I've always gotten a call--sometimes to confirm, sometimes to cancel.

What can I do if my host keeps rescheduling the party?

If your host keeps rescheduling the party, it is important to communicate with them and find out the reason for the constant changes. You can offer to be flexible with the date and time of the party or suggest having a virtual party if they are unable to host in person. It is also important to remind them of the benefits they will receive as a host, such as free products and discounts, to motivate them to keep the party date.

How can I prevent my host from rescheduling?

To prevent your host from rescheduling, make sure to set a clear and convenient date for the party from the beginning. You can also send reminder emails or texts a few days before the party to confirm the date and time. Additionally, providing incentives for guests who attend the party can encourage your host to keep the date and ensure a successful party.

What if my host wants to reschedule at the last minute?

If your host wants to reschedule at the last minute, it is important to remain calm and understanding. Ask them if there is a specific reason for the change and try to accommodate their needs if possible. If not, suggest having a virtual party or rescheduling for a later date. Remember to also communicate with any guests who were planning to attend and inform them of the change.

Should I charge a fee for rescheduling?

Charging a fee for rescheduling is not recommended as it may discourage your host from hosting the party altogether. However, if your company has a policy for rescheduling fees, make sure to inform your host about it beforehand. It is important to maintain a good relationship with your host and make them feel valued, even if they need to reschedule.

How can I make the best out of a rescheduled party?

To make the best out of a rescheduled party, use this as an opportunity to communicate with your host and make sure they are still excited about hosting the party. You can offer to provide new and updated product information or suggest incorporating a theme for the party to make it more exciting. Additionally, remind your host of the benefits they will receive and offer to help with any last-minute preparations to ensure a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dpcharlotte
  • Becca_in_MD