• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Rescheduling Stress: Preparing for a Frustrating Stoneware Sale

In summary, the conversation revolves around a host who has rescheduled her show multiple times and has not provided a guest list despite being reminded. The group discusses the possibility of offering her a catalog show instead and being firm with her regarding deadlines and availability for future shows. They also mention similar experiences with other hosts who have been flaky and the importance of being assertive in business decisions.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a host who originally scheduled for Sept 9. She had to reschedule due to family matters. No biggie. She rescheduled for the 30th because she doesn't want to miss the stoneware sale. Now she wants to reschedule the time. I never got her guest list before her original show date, now it is 11 days before her new date and still no guest list. I have called her and she said she would email them to me. Still no list. Am I just stressing over the little things?? I need to get this in gear, but she never follows through with what she says she is going to do. Now I don't know what to do!!

If she reschedules this time, I would not give her another chance to do a ktichen show. It sounds to me like she's not very interested in doing the show. You can tell her that she can feel free to do a catalog show but you can't take the risk of having her cancel again. In april, I had a whole lot of cancels, and it was b/c i was rescheduling 3-4 hosts- some of the hosts had rescheduled 3 times already. Now, if the hosts continue to reschedule then I don't put them on my calendar and just offer them a catalog show.

HTH

Those are good tips. I have one who's rescheduled twice, but I used to work with her and know she's flaky. But I know when she does have her show, it will be huge b/c she knows a LOT of ppl in her town, so I'm patient.

What is really weird is that she is super excited about having a show. It just seems she can't make the time to deal with the details.

krzymomof4 said:
What is really weird is that she is super excited about having a show. It just seems she can't make the time to deal with the details.

I have a hostess JUST like this. she WAS scheduled for June...gave me the (small) guest list and had me mail out th epostcards only to have her cancel a week before - she rescheduled for August...same thing - I remailed them, she called the day before and said she only has 4 people coming and wants to cancel it and make it a catalog show. So we decided on an August cat show...then she changed it to a Sept cat show. We were supposed to close it out on Friday -- she calls me over teh weekend and asks if we can close it NEXT Friday...UGH

So here's what you need to do...Be stern. Be firm. Tell her you need her list today. If you do not have it by the end of the day, you will not be able to do her show on the 30th. Then if she tries to reschedule, simply tell her you do not have any dates available for her. This would be the truth so you do not have to lie. I personally would not bother with a possible host like that when their are real hosts out there. And the truth part is "any dates AVAILABLE FOR HER." Not that you don't have dates available, just not for her.
I know this may be harsh to some people but come on, business is business. Not a wishy washy possibility. Probabilities don't get you any money. Only sure things do.

pampered1224 said:
Be stern. Be firm. Tell her you need her list today. If you do not have it by the end of the day, you will not be able to do her show on the 30th. Then if she tries to reschedule, simply tell her you do not have any dates available for her. This would be the truth so you do not have to lie. I personally would not bother with a possible host like that when their are real hosts out there. And the truth part is "any dates AVAILABLE FOR HER." Not that you don't have dates available, just not for her.
I know this may be harsh to some people but come on, business is business. Not a wishy washy possibility. Probabilities don't get you any money. Only sure things do.

I like that John. I now have a 2nd October host who has changed her date, and when we changed it she said "that should be okay as of right now." Boy ppl do not get it!

If she flakes on me, I think I'll do like you say and offer her a catty show. B/c she wants to be a Saturday night host, and I don't have any more of those available this year! Thanks for the great idea...

pampered1224 said:
Be stern. Be firm. Tell her you need her list today. If you do not have it by the end of the day, you will not be able to do her show on the 30th. Then if she tries to reschedule, simply tell her you do not have any dates available for her. This would be the truth so you do not have to lie. I personally would not bother with a possible host like that when their are real hosts out there. And the truth part is "any dates AVAILABLE FOR HER." Not that you don't have dates available, just not for her.
Here, here! Remember, this is YOUR business and you need to take back control.

I kind of cut her some slack because of the reasonings behind why things got wacky. She turned it into a catalog show.

tiffanypc05 said:
If she reschedules this time, I would not give her another chance to do a ktichen show. It sounds to me like she's not very interested in doing the show. You can tell her that she can feel free to do a catalog show but you can't take the risk of having her cancel again. In april, I had a whole lot of cancels, and it was b/c i was rescheduling 3-4 hosts- some of the hosts had rescheduled 3 times already. Now, if the hosts continue to reschedule then I don't put them on my calendar and just offer them a catalog show.

HTH

They don't get mad? I have thought about doing this just haven't tried it yet.

krzymomof4 said:
I have a host who originally scheduled for Sept 9. She had to reschedule due to family matters. No biggie. She rescheduled for the 30th because she doesn't want to miss the stoneware sale. Now she wants to reschedule the time. I never got her guest list before her original show date, now it is 11 days before her new date and still no guest list. I have called her and she said she would email them to me. Still no list. Am I just stressing over the little things?? I need to get this in gear, but she never follows through with what she says she is going to do. Now I don't know what to do!!

You could try offering an incentive from here on out if your hosts complete their guest list and postage returned to you within one week. I'm just starting to mail out invites for my hosts and am going to be trying this also, I was thinking an additional $15 in free product for their show.

To make a long story short, her sister just found the daughter that she gave up for adoption when she was 15. They were set to meet her for the first time when we were scheduled to have her 1st show, so of course I rescheduled without hesitation. I contacted her again and the "new" niece informed everyone that she is getting married on the 30th, but was hoping to get back in time for her show. Needless to say, I understood, but that seemed a little hectic to me to have everyone being tense from going to a wedding of a new found relative and then going to a PC show an hour later. She is just having a catalog show now and then going to rebook off herself and give it a try again. Now if this stuff happens the second time around, I can't say that I will be as understanding as I was this time!:D

I agree with John, this your business. You sometimes have to be firm and picky about who you work with. Store shop businesses do that. I always see signs that say " have a right to refuse service to anyone". And because its your business you can also be very flexible. I am rarely flexible on my dates. I don't like to to feel overwhelmed (who does?), but I am very flexible on other things. You have to run it like a business. Thats my two cents.:)

Just tell her that you assume that she is taking care of the invites and that you will show up at such and such a time and that if you don't hear back from her that you will show up at your regularly scheduled time. She will call after that!

1. How can I handle a host who is constantly changing their mind about their party?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to have open communication with your host. Try to schedule a planning meeting before the party to discuss their expectations and preferences. If the host continues to change their mind, gently remind them of their initial decisions and offer suggestions based on their preferences.

2. What should I do if my host keeps cancelling or rescheduling their party?

If your host is frequently cancelling or rescheduling their party, it's important to have a conversation with them to understand the reason behind it. Offer to help find a new date that works for both of you. If the host continues to cancel or reschedule, consider offering a virtual party option or asking if they would like to place an order on their own through your website.

3. My host is not responding to my messages, what should I do?

It can be frustrating when a host is not responding to your messages. Try reaching out through different communication channels, such as phone calls or social media. If the host still does not respond, consider asking another party guest to help get in touch with them. If all else fails, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts.

4. How can I keep a host engaged and excited throughout the party planning process?

One way to keep your host engaged and excited is to regularly communicate with them about the progress of their party. Share sneak peeks of new products or recipes, and ask for their input and ideas. You can also offer incentives for reaching certain party goals, such as free products or discounts, to keep their excitement levels high.

5. My host is not meeting their party goals, what can I do?

If your host is struggling to meet their party goals, try offering additional incentives or suggest having a smaller, more intimate party with close friends and family. You can also offer to help with the planning process and provide tips on how to increase attendance and sales. Ultimately, it's important to be understanding and supportive of your host's situation and work together to find a solution that works for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • AshleyAllison