• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated - Getting Run-Around From Host

In summary, the host has been struggling with her shows. She has been having trouble coaching her first and second shows. She has been experiencing frustration with her shows. The host has been trying to be a good friend and has been sending catalogs and new invites to her friend. The friend has not been returning the invitations or returning the calls. The friend has been busy with diapers and has not had time to call the host. The host has been trying to be a good friend and has been sending catalogs and new invites to her friend. The friend has not been returning the invitations or returning the calls.
wmrmgr
I'm just venting - feeling really frustrated. I'm off to a slow start and with the luck I've had with my shows, I don't know what to think. My first show was a complete joke; ended up taking the two orders from that "show" and applying them to my open house. The second host that was scheduled for a show in December cancelled her party the night before her show. Then for 2 wks she kept telling me she wanetd to reschedule after the holidays. I kept contact with her as she is a friend of mine. After the holidays she chased me down and insisted on scheduling a new date; I suggested a weekend date but she insisted on a week night as that works best for her daycare moms. I've attempted host coaching calls to no avail and the email responses I get are vague at best. She said she needed more invites and catalogs because she didn't have the original packet I gave her. She hasn't returned my emails or phone calls (computer is dead, phone has no minutes ...) So today I stopped over and dropped off a couple catalogs and new invites for her to mail or pass out. I volunteered to help her with this. She said she didn't have time as she was dealing with poop (literally, in the middle of a diaper change) and she hustled me out the door saying she'll call me. I am not holding my breath, I don't expect her to call me, and at this point I'll be shocked if this show sticks! Ugh!!! I have yet to have what I would consider a "successful" show. Just so frustrated!!! :grumpy:

I feel your frustration! I had a host somewhat like this last February. I ended up closing the Show without her approval because she was MIA all the time. However, I did call all the guest to let them know that their orders had arrived at the Hosts home and to contact her to pick their products! Then 6 months later this Host signs to be a consultant and guess what happened? Her first Host treated her the same way she did me and boy did this Consultant complain! I wanted so bad to say, "Why not have it happen to you...you did the same to me!" But being the nice consultant I am I did not do that.
The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is a hard one to take sometimes.

Well, I've been in this business for 10 years, and believe me, the uncoachable and flakes are out there, but they are not the norm. So, a positive spin on this would be that you are learning how to deal with this early in your career, you are almost getting this frustrating part out of the way--just look at it if you can as early training. Bless and release if you can--when your friend sees how successful you've become she'll get on board. Hang in there and it's ok to vent.

Big (((hugs))) !!! I'd recommend that you just bless & release on this one and keep going. It's very likely that she might come back! ;)

Your very first shows tend to be for close friends and family. They are the hardest, IMHO. ;) It's hard to host coach them, and I think that they feel they already know what to do, or they don't take the party seriously. They think they are doing us a favor and so they don't have it as a priority. Once you get out of your circle of friends/family, it gets better and easier.I'm sorry this has been a frustrating beginning. But hang it there, it gets better and lots more fun. :)

Just a quick side note too: When trying to coach your family/friends or a know it all host remind them that you are new and thank them so much for booking a show but would they mind if you could practice on them? Or say you really need the practice or something like that.

What should I do if my host is not responding to my messages or calls?

If your host is not responding, try reaching out through a different method such as email or social media. If that doesn't work, you can contact our customer service team for assistance.

My host keeps changing the date of the party, what should I do?

If your host keeps changing the party date, try to find out the reason behind the changes. If they are having scheduling issues, try to work with them to find a date that works for both of you. If the changes continue to be a problem, you can contact our customer service team for further assistance.

My host is not meeting the minimum number of guests for the party, what can I do?

If your host is not meeting the minimum number of guests, try to encourage them to invite more people or suggest having a virtual party. If they still cannot meet the minimum requirements, you can offer to help them with their guest list or contact our customer service team for further assistance.

My host is not happy with the host rewards, can I do anything to make them happier?

If your host is not satisfied with the host rewards, try to understand their concerns and offer to help them maximize their rewards by reaching out to more guests or booking additional parties. If they are still not happy, you can contact our customer service team for further assistance.

What happens if my host cancels the party?

If your host cancels the party, you can try to reschedule with them or reach out to other potential hosts. If the cancellation is last minute, you can contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies