• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Part Ii of What We Would Like to Say to Hosts

In summary, the host had a show scheduled for Feb 5th, but had to postpone because she was moving. She rescheduled for 2 weeks later, but two days before the show, she received a message from the guest saying that her whole family had the flu and couldn't come. The next day, she posted pictures on Facebook of herself and her family at Hooter's "watching her son enjoy himself way too much." The host asked the guest to reschedule, but the guest said she wasn't interested. The host is frustrated with the guest and doesn't care if she reschedules or not.
alabama pc cons.
I have a host who had a show scheduled for Feb 5th. She had to postpone because she was moving... No problem, so we rescheduled for 2 weeks later on the 19th... She sends me a facebook message 2 days before telling me that she has to cancel because her whole family has the flu.... The next day, she posts pictures on fb where her with her family are at Hooter's "watching her son enjoy himself way too much"..... uuuuggggghhhhh.... She asked for the show, because she wanted to get the DCB at 60% off this month.... I am so frustrated with her that right now, I really don't care if she reschedules or not.....

So what would you like to say to her?

I don't even know to tell you the truth.... Something like if you didn't want to have the show, you shouldn't have wasted my time and dates TWICE. Or, if you were so sick with the flu, what on earth were you doing having such a good time in Hooter's. I am sure I could come up with several more things to say to her.

Like... you should be asking yourself why you're at Hooters to begin with! LOL! I'm all for a good time, but their food stinks!

I hear you Alabama. I did a show Saturday and three of the ladies talked a niece of theirs into having a show. I really don't think she wants to do it. So I am going to call her to verify the date and give her an opportunity to cancel now instead of at the last minute.

"Please call me later" and "I'm not interested" are not the same thing! If you don't want to have a show or be invited to my events, just say so. Don't keep telling me it's a bad time for me to call and to call back another time, and then hang up on me as I'm wishing you a good day!

vanscootin said:
Like... you should be asking yourself why you're at Hooters to begin with! LOL! I'm all for a good time, but their food stinks!

That's what I was thinking! I'd be wondering who takes their son to a place like Hooters? Off-topic, but I saw a commercial for them just before Valentine's Day "Bring your valentine in for dinner!"...yeah- right, Bad move to take your sweetheart to Hooters!

:)

all the rage here is to have 6-9 year old bday parties here. I'm sorry but i have to wonder about the moral compass of those parents.

You're as busy as any other host that I've had. Get me your guest list already!!!

are you sure that those photos were from that day? I often post photos later on and still add captions as to what was going on at that moment. Maybe bc they were all home with the flu she had time to add photos

No, that day, she actually said, "sitting in hooter's watching my son enjoy himself WAY too much... on Saturday while the party should have been taking place..... Go Figure...

Teresa Lynn said:
all the rage here is to have 6-9 year old bday parties here. I'm sorry but i have to wonder about the moral compass of those parents.

Are you kidding? That's so inappropriate. They closed down our hooters here... there is a gas station in it's place.

no, not kidding.

i probably would have shown up at hooters just to see the reaction on her face :):D

Alabama not to compare war stories but I am looking for some feed back on a similar situation... you ladies ready for it? I signed up Oct 31, 2010 so really I've been selling since November. A girl I've known for years wanted to have a party so of course I needed a starter show and added her to the list. Well, it's now the end of February and she's reschedualed this same party 3 times and now a book show that was supposed to close in January, then mid February... SOMEONE PLEASE help me with this one. I have gone about it as nicely as possible because as mentioned I've known her for quite sometime! I have also started sending a few msgs a little stern saying we NEED to close by Feb 28th. I know she has orders from ppl, I have their sheets! I hate to think that she's gotten their money and has spent it on other stuff... Looking for any and all advice you're willing to offer. Has anyone else had a similar show from hell??

NO YOU CANNOT CANCEL YOUR SHOW FOR NEXT WEEK!! Thank you for letting me send you a host packet and calling you 5 times for your guest list for you to finally email me today. Somebody else could have had that date! And your excuse that your son is busy and you won't be able to have a show until June is total crap! I will spend the next 6 months hunting you down and you will never do anything for me!Okay glad I got that out - I still haven't replied to her because I have nothing nice to say!

Host (after receiving host packet several weeks before): "I can't do the Feb date that I chose can we move it to March?"

Me: "That date works for me." ["thanks for canceling a double points date that I might have been able to book with someone else"]

Host (last week, after receiving call to confirm March date before sending NEW packet): "I think I want to do a catalog show."

Me: "Sorry to hear that. Hosts usually get a lot more free when it's a party. But if you want it to be a catalog show why don't we keep it for February since you already have those books. I have found that holding a catalog show for more than 2 weeks actually loses sales. There's plenty of time to get it done before the end of the month." ["uggg. So are your really going to pass the catalog around or are you just playing."]

Host: I can do an "in-person" party if you think it would do better. That March date will still work."

Me: [host coaching - who to invite, what her job is...]

Host: "Great! I am excited."

Me: [to myself: "Seriously? What changed? Will you really make this a good show now?"]

I said what I wanted when she asked to make it a catalog show and it worked. [well... I also wanted to say "you've taken 2 prime dates on my calendar and now you want to just show the catalog? Thanks a lot."] But because I mentioned that she might lose out she changed her mind - let's hope that she actually DOES the show... we all know that her catalog show could have been great but just as likely it might not have even hit $150.

ugh, I know, some people just want to waste our time... Like our time is not valuable and like you guys said, someone else could have gotten that date... Who knows, just drives me cray.

1. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party not only allows you to earn free and discounted products, but it also gives you the opportunity to gather friends and family for a fun and interactive cooking experience. Plus, as the host, you will receive special rewards and exclusive offers.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef host?

It's easy to become a Pampered Chef host! Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. Your consultant will guide you through the process and help you plan the perfect party for you and your guests.

3. What types of parties can I host with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of party options, including in-person parties, virtual parties, and catalog parties. You can also host a fundraiser party to support a cause or organization you care about.

4. What are the requirements for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you will need to have a minimum of 10 guests in attendance. Your consultant will also work with you to determine the best location and date for your party.

5. How can I make my Pampered Chef party a success?

To ensure a successful party, be sure to invite plenty of guests, provide a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, and promote the party to your friends and family. Your consultant will also provide tips and ideas for making your party fun and engaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Intrepid_Chef