• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Host Who Keeps Rescheduling: What to Do in This Situation?

In summary, the host's former location was in use and an unannounced field trip for school caused the show to be rescheduled twice. The host's cell phone was damaged so they had to call her through her fiance. The host has also moved since they first met, and has never given the host the new address. The host sent the host a Kitchen Show Live CD but the host wanted it sent to her mother's house. The host's previous address was a parents house. The host and her fiance and their child showed up for the host's business opp meeting. The host's fiance's cell phone went straight to voice mail. The host has not
Kathytnt
I have a host that expressed extreme intgerest in the business. She has reschedule the show twice Reason #1 was the original location was in use and #2 was an unannounced field trip for school Now she doesn't bother to tell me this by calling me I find this out when I am trying determine recipes or to remind her to to reminder calls and confirm how many guest we are expecting.
Her cell phone has been damage so I have to call her through her fiance. I called last week before conference. No return call. I called Thursday after returing from conference and twice yesterday. Her fiance's phone is going straight to voice mail.
She has also moved since we first met. Has never given me the new address. I sent her a Kitchen Show Live CD but she wanted it sent to her mom's house. Her previous address is a parents house. Ths girl and her fiance and their child al showed up for my business opp meeting and everything seemed great but now this is happening.
I have not clue what to do about the show.

Hi Kathy,

What I would do the next time you call her (even if you leave a message) just say something like "if I am inconviencing you by calling , I just ask that you return my call to let me know".

basically a kind way of saying she's not interested, but you need to know so you dont feel like a pest.

do i make sense?

The frustrating thing is that I have to ask off from my PT job to do my shows so this is the 3rd time I have done this for this young lady.

On the upside I will be binderizing my office and getting ready or a great fall season

The show is today, and you don't know where she lives????

I know we aren't supposed to pre-judge......but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want her on my team......this situation just stinks of a kitnapping!

She is a culinary arts student and seemed to be looking for a flexible job that would work around school. I don't know why when I tried to send the DVD to her house she wanted me to send it to her mom's house. That was the first hint that things were a little strange.

I hate not showing for a show but what the heck am I supposed to do. I don't have her mom's number to check about the her house and no one is answering on the fiance's cell phone when they have usually been very easy to reach.

She never calls me or returns a call - I have only gotten the postponements when I called her.

Well, if you don't know where to go for the show, you can't do anything!
IMHO, at some point in time, the host has to take ownership/interest of/in their show. I'm with Becky on this.

If you haven't heard back from her by 6 hours before the show, consider it cancelled. Leave a message to that effect. If you call and say, "Our show is at 7 tonight, and if I don't hear from you by 1:00, I'm going to consider it rescheduled. Please call me to pick a new date." she'll call back.

Well I heard from her about 10:45 this morning The show was supposed to be at 3 Apparenty she is freaking out because the school where she is studying Culinary Arts just informated her that she lost her financial aid. From our little talke it sounds like either this financial aid officer or the school is a bit shady. FAO tells her she needs to bring in $200 in cash on Monday or she is not longer a student. He is a single mom with a 1 year old with no job. Where is she going to come up with $200 on 4 days notice. The FAO her an option to take out another loan for $36 K but she would have to do her first year of school all over again. Sallie Mae the people who do the loan are telling her that her account is fine I talked with her about an hour. Apparently she is not the only student this is happening to. I told her she may need to check out the BBB and some other things and to write down everything her and her friend Jennifer had done and been told. I am the type that forgets details if I don't have it with me. She also had a fight with her mom so she probably never got the Cooking show DVD I sent her.

I told her I would chat with her Monday night to see how things go with the financial aid person. We did reschedule and I am a bit torn about rescheduling. This will be the third time she has postponed her show. How many times would you reschedule? She says she is interested in the business but I don't know

I'd tell her that you won't be able to get the time off of work because you already have 3 different times BUT the good news is that she can do her own show and earn the $$$ and get the free products...

Problem is she has never even been to a Pampered Chef show - That is why I sent her a cooking show live DVD as training and I was going to have her assist me at her show as part of her training and get bookings for her to start her biz

Perhaps she will see someday what makes a good host LOL! Yeah that will happen The things is that shemight end up being a gang buster but I don't know right now

Maybe suggest the next time she schedules a show, that she works with a co-host and holds the show at that person's home. Then you could work directly with the co-host and hopefully it will have a better chance of holding. Also, this is one of those times when you should be sending out the invitations. That way you know they are going out and if she does not provide the list to you at least two or three weeks before the show, you reschedule it.

Lisa

I was actually considering that when I heard from her today. I am going to talk to her again on Monday to see what resolution she finds for the school issue. She wants to get a kit credit to start her business because I know their busget is tight but I can't keep rescheduling at the drop of a hat. I have goals I am trying to reach.

Are you going to do a fall open house thing? If so, invite her to that. If not, ask another host if she minds if you bring this girl along to see you in action. And she could always do a catalog show to get the host credit for the kit.

I agree with katie!

I don't do a lot of open houses because my place is so small and hard to find. Mapquest will not get you to my house I have at least 3 cooking shows already booked for early August. If she gets back in school she should still be able to attend at least one of these shows for observation.

Last edited:

Related to Dealing with a Host Who Keeps Rescheduling: What to Do in This Situation?

What should I do if my host keeps rescheduling the party?

If your host keeps rescheduling the party, it's important to communicate with them and find out the reason for the rescheduling. Once you understand their situation, you can work together to find a new date that works for both of you.

How can I encourage my host to stick to the original party date?

If your host is hesitant to stick to the original party date, try reminding them of the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends. You can also offer to help them with any tasks they may be struggling with, such as inviting guests or preparing refreshments.

What if my host wants to cancel the party altogether?

If your host wants to cancel the party altogether, try to find out the reason behind their decision. If it's due to personal reasons or unforeseen circumstances, be understanding and offer to reschedule for a later date. If they are simply no longer interested in hosting, you can offer to find a new host or suggest alternative ways for them to earn rewards, such as a virtual party or catalog show.

How can I make sure my host is committed to the new party date?

To ensure your host is committed to the new party date, make sure to confirm the date with them and send reminders leading up to the party. You can also offer incentives for them to stick to the new date, such as a special deal or bonus product.

What if my host continues to reschedule or cancel?

If your host continues to reschedule or cancel, it may be best to find a new host or focus on other avenues for selling, such as online parties or one-on-one consultations. It's important to prioritize your time and energy on hosts who are committed and enthusiastic about hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • lissahope26
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • princessmeshelle