• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What To Do When Your Host Can't Follow Through: A Frustrating Situation

In summary, the conversation involved frustration and disappointment with a host who has not provided a list of guests and addresses for a cooking show planned for August 1st. The consultant is also concerned about the host's ability to be successful as a consultant. However, other consultants shared their experiences of similar situations turning out successful in the end. It was suggested to send an email explaining how the host can send online invitations and to let her take charge of the show as her own grand opening. It was also clarified that the host can still use the kit credit if she becomes a consultant.
deanna_g
I have a Host having a cooking show on August 1st (and she's also planning on using $40 in kit credit to become a consultant) and I've been asking her almost daily for the last week for a list of guests and addresses so I can get her invitations out. She said today that she was going to have it done by 6pm tonight.....yeah. Still no addresses. And I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Friday morning! If I don't get her invites out this week, they won't be going out!

I'm so frustrated and I can't help but think that if she can't even manage to get me a list of guests, she won't make a very good consultant.

What would you do in this situation?

Don't lose hope. Maybe she has been talking her party up and inviting people personally. I had my first show ever yesterday. My host, a good friend, was difficult to get in touch with the week of the show. I found out the day before the show that there would only be 4 people at the show. I was a little disappointed, but it turned out to be a good show. So far she's at $800 in sales and still waiting on 5 more orders before we close on Wednesday! What I thought was going to be a disaster and a slow start has turned out great!

Send her an e-mail and explain how she can e-mail her own invitations via your website.
Do you have her in your system as a hostess? You can use the "canned" letter to the hostess, and put the responsibility back on her. If she really is serious about becoming a consultant, it would help her to get acquainted with the website.

I had a host do the same thing and I was convinced it was going to be a big fat FAILURE.... but she sent emails out and talked to her friends and worked and she just turned in a $900 show. You just never know.As far as her as a consultant.... she might be more organized when it's HER financial success on the line :)

Thanks guys. I emailed her and told her to send out invites online. If she doesn't do it, I'll just leave the ball in her court as far as postponing the show. I'm beyond frustrated with her. I still haven't heard back from her.

This happened to me last august and 1 week before the show she sent me an e vite, it turned out to be a $1000 show with 20 people her sister used to do pc, so I think she helped pull it together but keep hope. Good Luck.

Update on this one.....the show did not happen. I tried and tried and tried to contact her through email, facebook, text, and calling. FINALLY she texted me back. Apparently she has to be out of her apartment this week because she and the landlady had a falling out over her kids being noisy....weird situation. Anyway, she's still signing! So she's becoming a consultant tomorrow and I told her to go ahead and start booking her shows so she can hit that $1250 in her first 30 days and get all those marvelous bonuses. Hopefully she's more responsible with her own business than with mine. Time will tell I suppose.

Congrats on the new recruit! And I recommend that you hand over the reigns to her and let her do all the leg work on inviting the guests. If she wants to be a consultant, she needs to step up & not let you do all the work for her.I let my new recruits be the consultant at their own show. It helps them with their goal to qualify in the first 30 days. I offer to attend as support, but it's VERY important for their friends/family to see THEM as the consultant not you as the consultant & them as the host. ;) It really does help them to get more bookings from their kick off show when their friends/family see THEM doing it and acknowledge that they really did start their own business. ;)

Oh yes. Her show will now turn in to her first show. I'm handing it over to her. It'll be her grand opening. And she'll be able to earn more free products that way (with PC $) to add to her kit.

I have a question, if you do it that way (the recruit using that show as their own) can they still use the kit credit?

newtopamperedchef said:
I have a question, if you do it that way (the recruit using that show as their own) can they still use the kit credit?

They have to be a host and use their Free Product Value to be able to get the kit credit coupon.

The recruit doing their own show means that they signed on as a consultant and this is their first show (or one of them anyway.)

They could host and then get the kit credit and sign. Then still have a grand opening. But the timing might be weird because they just barely hosted a show. KWIM?

1. What happens if my host cancels their party?

If your host cancels their party, you can still proceed with the party as scheduled. You can either ask the host to transfer the party to another person or you can take on the role of the host and invite your own guests. This way, you can still make sales and earn rewards from the party.

2. Can I reschedule the party if my host can't follow through?

Yes, you can work with the host to find a new date and time that works for both of you. It's important to communicate with the host and their guests to ensure everyone is aware of the new party date. You can also offer to hold the party online if an in-person party is not possible.

3. How do I handle a host who doesn't show up for their own party?

If the host doesn't show up for their own party, you can still proceed with the party as planned. You can invite the guests to browse and shop, and offer to reschedule the party for a later date. You can also offer to hold the party online to accommodate the host's absence.

4. What if the host doesn't invite enough guests to the party?

If the host doesn't invite enough guests to the party, you can reach out to them and offer to help them invite more guests. You can also suggest ways for the host to promote the party, such as sharing it on social media or sending out personal invitations. If necessary, you can also offer to combine the party with another host's party to ensure a successful turnout.

5. Can I still earn rewards if the host can't follow through?

Yes, you can still earn rewards from the party even if the host can't follow through. As long as you make sales and meet the minimum party requirements, you will still earn your rewards. You can also consider offering incentives to the guests to encourage them to make purchases and help make up for the host's absence or lack of sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LarissaRed123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • chefjessicah