• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a No-Show Host: Tips and Advice for Direct Sales Consultants

In summary, the conversation involved a host who booked a show in July for September but did not have the new catalogs/invites yet. The potential host was not responding to calls and emails, causing frustration for the original host. The original host's friend, a nurse who works crazy hours, was able to get in touch with the potential host but the contact information was lost. The original host was trying to confirm the show for Friday but was not able to get a response. The host was unsure what to do and asked for input. The expert summarizer suggests sending one final email to confirm the show and mentioning the potential inconvenience and need for confirmation. The host thanks the expert summarizer for their help and notes that the expert's suggestion was
jwagner75
What would you guys do?

I booked a show from another show a couple months ago. I did not give her the new catalogs/invites at the show because the show was in July new show September and I did not have them yet. So I email and call the potential host want to talk about her show, no call back, I email again, call again. I just want to confirm before I print up her invites. No return call. I call the original host a good friend of mine. She said she is a nurse and works crazy hours. She will call her, original host calls me back, she lost her cell, try this number. I call at least 4-5 times leave messages, no return; send another email to make sure we have the right number. NO RESPONSE. So go back and forth with the original host, says other girl wants to have show still, etc. etc. OK well I still have not got anything out to her. Her show is this Friday. I get a facebook message from the original host, that the girl still wants to have her show Friday and she is suppose to call me or something. Ok this just has me burned up. I do not want to have to take off my job early, she lives at least an hour from me, to get there and what have her not even is there. Than the other part of me is well what if she did invite people, took off work, etc. I am so Torn, plus I do not even know where she lives for sure. Where do I find these people, what would you guys do? I am going to call the original host back and tell her that the other girl has to reschedule. I do not know what else to do. Thanks for your input.

I would e-mail her one more time and say something to the effect of:
past host's name says that you are still interested in hosting your show on Friday night, but I'm concerned that I've not heard back from you to verify that information. We have not chosen a menu, discussed the RSVP list so that I know how many packets to bring, nor do I have directions to your house. I'll need to take off early on Friday in order to make it to your house by ____PM, which means that I will need to pack the appropriate cookware & tools on Thursday night & take them with me to work on Friday morning. I need you to call me ASAP to confirm if you still want to hold your Cooking Show on Friday. I would still love to do your show and not be left unemployed for the evening but if you are unable to follow through with the commitment then please let me know ASAP. It is too late for me to schedule another show, but it's not too late for me to make plans with my family. If I have not heard from you by 5PM on Thursday, then I will be forced to assume that you have changed your mind and I will begin looking at alternate plans for the evening. The courtesy of a call is appreciated. ;)

Wow thanks Sheila cutting and pasting that now, you are tooo good to me. I would of never sounded that professional without your help. Jess

You are welcome! :D

Notice I got the whole "unemployed for the evening" comment in there!
devil2.gif

hysterics.gif
roflmao2.gif
rotflmao.gif
roflmao2.gif
hysterics.gif

Hi there! I can understand your frustration with this situation. It can be difficult when a potential host is not responding to your attempts to communicate. In this case, I would suggest reaching out to the original host again and asking her to confirm with the potential host if she is still interested in having the show. If the potential host confirms, then you can go ahead and print the invites and plan for the show. However, if she does not confirm or does not respond, it may be best to reschedule the show for a later date. It's important to make sure that the host is fully committed and engaged in the planning process in order to have a successful show. I hope this helps and good luck with your show!

1. What does "No Contact With Host" mean?

"No Contact With Host" means that the consultant or representative from Pampered Chef is not allowed to directly contact the host of the party or event. This includes phone calls, text messages, emails, or any other form of communication.

2. Why is there a "No Contact With Host" policy?

The "No Contact With Host" policy is in place to protect the privacy of the host and to prevent any pressure or coercion for the host to make purchases. It also ensures a fair and equal shopping experience for all guests at the party or event.

3. Can I still contact the host for non-Pampered Chef related matters?

Yes, you can still contact the host for non-Pampered Chef related matters. The "No Contact With Host" policy only applies to business-related communication regarding the party or event.

4. What should I do if the host contacts me first?

If the host contacts you first, you can respond to their message or call. However, it is important to only discuss non-Pampered Chef related matters and to not mention or promote any Pampered Chef products or services.

5. How can I still support the host without directly contacting them?

There are many ways to support the host without directly contacting them. You can send a thank you note or message after the party, share your contact information with guests who are interested in purchasing products, and encourage the host to reach out to you if they have any questions or concerns. You can also offer to help the host with party preparations, such as setting up or cleaning up, without discussing Pampered Chef products or services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • byrd1956