• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Host? Get Help and Tips for Dealing with a Difficult Host

In summary, Debbie's host cancelled the show 3 weeks before it was supposed to happen, and she offered to close it for her.
pampered2007
Sorry for this being so long................
Ok, I'm not to sure what to do about this host. Here is the situation...
I was making calls about a month and a half ago to various bridal shops trying to set up times to meet with owners to give them info. on the online wedding registry. When I called this one shop, the girl that answered the phone told me that she herself was getting married and loves Pampered Chef! So we contacted one another and set up a day and time to meet with her so I could give her the host packet for the home show that she decided she wanted to host and to give her registry info. I did meet with her at her house and everything seemed fine. She was very excited! She asked for 30 invites but said that she would just personally hand them out and I didn't have to mail them. ( I wasn't very comfortable with that) I made a host coaching call to her to see how things were going and she said that people were telling that they were unable to attend but wanted to place orders. She asked if it would be alright to turn her home show into a catalog show, and of course I said that was fine. I asked her how many orders she had so far and her only answer was that she didn't have them altogether yet. She set up a day for her to call me to close her show. I have yet to hear from her and it's been almost a month. I have called 2 or 3 times since then and no return call. I have left messages at her home and on her cellphone. I am really getting irritated with this host and I want this so-called show either closed or rescheduled. I am also concerned that maybe something happened. I don't know.

So, my question is this.......What do I do??? Do I attempt to contact her one more time? And if so, what should I say OR what can I say to get this host to call me back? I would also like to have my host packet back. I gave her registry brochures for herself and her engaged co-workers, catalogs, and a recruiting cd!!

Does anyone have any suggestions??? I am really lost on this one. Thank you!

bless it, release it and move on to another group

Like Teresa said, release it. I just released two catalog shows and it feels SOOOO good.

As Debbie and Teresa said Bless and Release. You never know when she might call you to close the show. I had a catty show in Nov and I never did get a hold of her. Then one day in jan she called me and told me she wanted to close her show. It wasnt very big but it was still a show.

Bless and release is good but could you maybe just show up one day? When you see her you could just say you were worried that something had happened as you haven't received any return phone calls or You knew she was busy so you came by to collect the orders to save her the trouble...
Who knows? She may have just been SO busy with her upcoming wedding and had good intentions to call you back it never happened. She may either be relieved you came by or embarrassed that she was avoiding you.

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. I think I am going to try to contact her one last final time this afternoon. I plan on trying her cellphone and her home phone. And if I don't hear back from her, then I will just let it be. She was so excited in the beginning so I do find this kinda strange not hearing from her. So we'll see what happens I guess.

SorrySo sorry, I know it can be a bummer to have someone act so excited and really want a show but when it comes closer to the time, they flake out on you. It could be a person who bad mouthed PC (oh they are so expensive, or I hate the XXXX tool it gave me so many problems) or it could just be that they are too inconsiderate to pick up a phone and tell you they changed their minds.
I really believe our society is so messed up, I mean we have so many ways to communicate that there is no reason for someone not getting in touch with us about a cancelled show. Even snail mail is acceptable! LOL

Debbie :D

UPDATE:
I talked to my host and she has been very busy with so many things going on at once. Apparently she is waiting on her mom to place an order before she can close her show. She did tell me that one of her friends would like to have her order by June 1st and asked me how long it takes to receive an order. I told her that it takes about a week so we really need to close her show asap. We also need to have the show closed by the end of May if she wants to take advantage of the April host specials. Grrrr! Procrastination drives me crazy! LOL Thank you everyone for all your helpful replies.

We can only do our best. There have been times when I just had to let it go- they'll contact me eventually. I've had shows open for up to 4-6 weeks after the party in my carreer. it is a rarity- but we don't have total control of the situation.

I feel your pain. I had one of these from January - long story short she cancelled her show after 3 months! I only received payment for 2 orders. I had a hard time reaching the two since one of the items had been discontinued. So I just mailed each of them a refund check w/a letter stating the host cancelled her show and asked me to refund their money. I just cut my losses that way! Both checks have now been cashed and I feel so happy to be done w/it:)!!

What should I do if my host is lost?

If your host is lost, the first thing you should do is contact your host and ask for their current address or a phone number where they can be reached. If you are unable to contact your host, you can reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Can I still earn host rewards if my host is lost?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards if your host is lost. As long as you have the necessary information to submit the party, such as the date and guest list, you will still receive host rewards based on the party sales.

What happens if my lost host is found after the party?

If your lost host is found after the party, you can still submit their order and receive host rewards. However, please note that the order must be submitted within 10 days of the original party date.

Can I reschedule the party if my host is lost?

Yes, you can reschedule the party if your host is lost. You can work with your host to find a new date that works for both of you, or you can ask them to transfer the party to another host.

What if my lost host does not want to continue with the party?

In the event that your lost host does not want to continue with the party, you can either reschedule the party with a new host or submit the party as an individual order. You will still receive commission on the individual order, but will not be eligible for host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisa717
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies