• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Just Cancelled While Host Coaching

In summary, the host canceled on the caller because her soon-to-be husband was going to be away for 2 months and she wanted to use the party as an opportunity to show him how much she loved him. The caller is sad because she had already planned a show for this Saturday and now she has to reschedule. She is considering doing her own catalog party or open house to get some sales or bookings.
milkangel
i was calling my host for next sat and she ended up cancelling because her soon to be hubby is going to be gone for 2 months and she had the nerve to tell me know why not at the home show when she booked it? and she said that her soon to be hubby wants to be ther for it too so maby when he gets back we can do a cuples party? now i have 2 shows for april and want more but what to do? i am sad:cry: any IDEAS PLEASE!!!! i am desperet.

I know how you feel,:( I had a lady who was supposed to host a show last weekend, call me the morning of the party and say that most of the people that she had invited couldn't come but that they could come next weekend. So, I politely rescheduled the show for this Saturday and today I get a message on my answering machine that she wants to cancel again but would like to reschedule for May. I don't know whether to waste my time or space on my calander if she is just going to keep canceling on me. I just did a wedding shower last week but other than that I only have 1 show scheduled now for April. I'm doing a bridal fair on Sunday and I really hope to get some bookings. It just makes me so mad when people cancel on you at the last minute. :mad:

As far as bookings go, can you do your own catalog show or open house to possibly get some sales or bookings? I'm new to this so I can't give you much advice but I'm interested in hearing what everyone else thinks.

My show for sat is a postponed show from 2 weeks ago. As of right now, I have not spoken to her since 2 days before the last show date, when she postponed. I have e-mailed and left 2 messages. I don't know if anyone is coming or what recipe she wants.

Guess what. I spoke to her Fri, finally, she picked a recipe, said 5 were coming and gave me directions. Sat, about 2 hours before the show she called to say 3 had cancelled and she couldn't get ahold of the other 3. She decided it would be better to do a catalog show. Even better, she's a PartyLite rep. You'd think she would get the whole palnning a party thing.

You would think they would know how to invite....or even to be honest! I did a party for a Jewelry Lee lady in agreement that she would do one for me in return. She fell of the face of the earth right after her show was completed!! No return calls, no e-mail replies....yes, I'm bitter! I did a great show for her.....

I am currently involved in a string of 'party swaps' and am somewhat regretting it. I did a HUGE show for another ds consultant and she's now postponed her show 2x (losing me 1/2 price conference) I'm also having problems with a PLite swap. I'm definitely thinking twice about the whole swap thing from now on... I mean, come on, these of all people know how this works!

Milkangel... could you suggest to her a small catalog party now, then book her from herself for two months from now for her cooking show? She could get the april host specail now and two of the host specials the month of the cooking show if she did this... just a thought!

It's exactly the kind of things mentioned on this thread (been there done that) that has made me make the rule that the PC party is done first. I have been burned like this too many times.

I no longer do "swaps" If I want to do a show I do it. If they want to do one they will. I got burned too many times.

This is why I do not party swap. I do not like feeling like I have to have a show and do not want anyone else to either b/c although I know how it feels from a consultant and host point of view, sometimes it is hard to get "into" a party when you are swapping parties.

I only have 2 catalogs for April. I wanted a huge April since I will be off May and June (have catalogs to keep me active, keep your fingers crossed they won't flake). Apparently, God new I would be tired this month when He did not allow me the HUGE month I was hoping for!!!:D

Related to Host Just Cancelled While Host Coaching

1. What should I do if my host cancels while I'm host coaching?

If your host cancels while you're host coaching, the first thing to do is to communicate with them and find out the reason for the cancellation. It could be due to an emergency or a change in schedule. Once you have a better understanding of the situation, you can discuss potential options, such as rescheduling the party or having a virtual party instead.

2. Will I still receive credit for the party if my host cancels?

If your host cancels the party, you will not receive credit for it. However, if you have already put in a lot of time and effort into host coaching, you can reach out to your team leader or consultant to see if there are any other options available for you to receive credit for your hard work.

3. How do I handle invitations and RSVPs if the party is cancelled?

If the party is cancelled, it's best to reach out to the guests and let them know about the cancellation. You can also offer them the option to reschedule or attend a virtual party. If they are still interested in purchasing products, you can offer to take their order and process it as a catalog or online party.

4. What should I do with the party supplies and products I already prepared for the cancelled party?

If you have already prepared party supplies and products for the cancelled party, you can either keep them for the rescheduled party or offer them to your host as a thank you for their efforts in hosting the party. Alternatively, you can also use the products for your own demonstrations or to showcase at other parties.

5. How can I prevent cancellations while host coaching?

While cancellations can happen for various reasons, there are a few things you can do to minimize the chances of it happening. First, make sure to choose a date and time for the party that works for both you and your host. Also, keep in touch with your host regularly and provide them with helpful tips and reminders leading up to the party. Finally, offer them incentives for hosting, such as free products or discounts, to show your appreciation for their efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • kayleigh