• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Belinda's Style of Host Coaching

P
Pampered Laura
So, I was on a training call with Belinda Ellsworth last week and she was going over her 10 step Host Coaching plan. :love: I love her. So much info she has...that lady is a GENIUS.

Anyway, she mentioned that she ALWAYS sends the invites for her hosts, and REQUIRES a guest list. She says it's her "guarantee" that she'll have a show with people there.

I spaced out at the end when we were allowed to ask her questions and forgot to ask her this...

What do you say/do when your host flat out refuses to give you a guest list? Do you tell her you're not doing her party? Or do you do it and hope for the best?

Pampered Laura said:
......Anyway, she mentioned that she ALWAYS sends the invites for her hosts, and REQUIRES a guest list. She says it's her "guarantee" that she'll have a show with people there.
Is she still doing DS? With which company? I thought she just had her speaking biz?

Or did you recruit her....LMAO! :cool:

I don't ask for a guest list. I say "I make things nice and easy for my hosts. I send out the invitations and make the reminder calls. All you have to do is get a guest list to me and the ingredients for the show. Just so you know, I don't use the guest list for anything other than the show. I don't put people on my emailing list unless I specifically ask them. However, the show will be so much more fun if you just start talking about it to people you come across and give them a personal invitation right then!"

I don't make it optional. I tell my hosts, "I am going to send your invitations for you. I will e-mail you your guest list form tonight... just fill it in right on the form and send it back."

I used to teach sales training and one thing I learned from that is that if you give people options, they can say "no." Don't give them the option. Just tell her that's how it goes.

Oh and one more thing. No one gets a host packet from me until I get a guest list. No list... no friends coming... no need for a host packet. I tell them that they'll get everything as soon as I get the list. That way they aren't distracted by trying to choose a recipe and all the other stuff. First and foremost, I want them working on who to invite!

Thanks for the input, guys! I actually did phrase it this way the few times I tried sending invites when I was with Pampered Chef, and I did have a host that said "Oh, I don't want you to do that, I don't feel comfortable giving my guests info out... I'll mail them myself". And then she canceled her show.

Since training w/Belinda I realized that I need to start doing this. Colleen, do you happen to have the form you email your hosts? It'd be great if it was email-able! :)

PS: Linda, Belinda Ellsworth does weekly live (phone) training for the company I'm with. I havent recruited her yet. LOL ;)

finley1991 said:
Oh and one more thing. No one gets a host packet from me until I get a guest list. No list... no friends coming... no need for a host packet. I tell them that they'll get everything as soon as I get the list. That way they aren't distracted by trying to choose a recipe and all the other stuff. First and foremost, I want them working on who to invite!

:eek: thats what Belinda said she does! I'm so nervous to actually tell someone I won't do their party! LOL Have you ever had to do that?? You're my hero, Colleen.. seriously, this is exactly how I want my business to be - ME in charge, not my hosts! :D

That's great, I was thinking about starting to send the invites, and now I think I'm going to do it.

Here is the form I use. I've never had anyone cancel because of not wanting to give me their list.

It's YOUR business! YOU MUST BE IN CHARGE!!!! Would your dr. be okay if you said, "Yeah, I'm going to take my own BP and draw my own blood and give it to you." No way! Okay... I know that's extreme but you get my point!

In the 3 years I have been doing invites, I've only NOT gotten a list twice. No list... no party. And the best thing is is that I knew there was no party at least two weeks out. Not the night of the show. Plus I know how many invitations are sent.

The other thing I do, is at the show when I go over the host program in the catalog, I throw in that another host benefit is that if you book with me, I send the invites. Then I ask the host if this is the easiest party she's ever had and they always say, "YES! I didn't have to do anything!!!!"

Attachments

• PC Guest List.doc
    62.5 KB · Views: 422
Colleen:
Love the form. Thank you. Thinking about using it along with a self addressed stamped envelope to make things even easier for them!!

Question: Do you give them anything else in addition to this letter/form when they book the show? A show planner? A catalog? Some outside order forms? Information on the specials? Or do you just include all of this in their packet?

Thanks!!

Colleen,
Do you have problems with people not having Word to open the file? I would love to have it all electronic; I just worry that many people would not have that program on their computers (or maybe not even have a computer!:eek: ).

The only thing they get from me when they book is the guest list form. And maybe a host special flyer if I feel like printing one! :)

Everything else is in the host packet. And I e-mail the guest list form anyway in addition to giving them one. More than not, they e-mail it back to me. Some, usually older ladies, fax it to me. I've never had anyone mail it.

Hope that helps! :)

rebeccastt said:
Colleen,
Do you have problems with people not having Word to open the file? I would love to have it all electronic; I just worry that many people would not have that program on their computers (or maybe not even have a computer!:eek: ).

Actually, I've never run across anyone who doesn't have word. And even if they use Works, they can still open a word file.

And like I said, if they don't like to use the computer, they can send it to me. Normally that doesn't happen though.

But I'm not picky! I'll take the list any way I can get it! :D

Another question for you Colleen....(BTW, I LOVE your form!!)

Since they are emailing the list...do you hand write your invite addresses, or do you cut and paste and print them on stickers? If they snail mail or fax it, then you hand write?

I have been using the sticker guest lists from HO since I HATE hand writing out the addresses!

rebeccastt said:
Colleen,

Usually, if there are no graphics, you can open Word documents in WordPad or whatever your computer uses to open that sort of thing.

Here is another guest list form (that I probably got from some other thread on here, but I thought it would be appropriate to have it in this thread too. :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• Guest List Form.doc
    110.5 KB · Views: 376
Great guest list forms! Thanks for sharing!

So, Colleen does that mean you mail all of your hostess packets? I have heard numerous people not giving the host packet out until they get the list. I've wanted to try it, however, I'm nervous about the postage to send out the hostess packet ($4.60 pop). Yikes!

Im not Colleen, but I deliver mine if they're close, or mail them priority if they're too far away to drive over...
I've also heard of onsultants that offer a little gift for the hostess if she picks up the host packet from her themselves. Some type of doorprize type gift or something.

pamperedpals said:
So, Colleen does that mean you mail all of your hostess packets? I have heard numerous people not giving the host packet out until they get the list. I've wanted to try it, however, I'm nervous about the postage to send out the hostess packet ($4.60 pop). Yikes!
I mail mine if they aren't local and deliver them if they're close enough.

I try to give them the catalogs at the show if they book off a show and that cuts down on the postage quite a bit.

pamperedposey said:
Usually, if there are no graphics, you can open Word documents in WordPad or whatever your computer uses to open that sort of thing.

Here is another guest list form (that I probably got from some other thread on here, but I thought it would be appropriate to have it in this thread too. :rolleyes: )

:eek: I love this! Thanks for sharing! :)

Good morning!

Here are the answers to some of your questions for me...

1. I cut and paste from the guest list onto word and I print envelopes. I do a one page flyer for the invitation and the envelope has the host's return address (so if she gives me a bad address it will go to her, not me, and I think that someone is more likely to open something from someone they know vs. me) and then it says diagonally, YOU'RE INVITED! Each envelope is addressed to Mary Smith & Guests.

2. As with Laura and others, I either mail the host packet or deliver it... whichever is easier for me. I don't worry about the $4. If a good number of invitations have gone out, I know the party will be great and I don't mind spending the $4. My show average is about $750 so I'm more than covered with my postage costs. Plus, it's worth it to me if it ensures a successful party.

I do about the same:

1. As of the last week in Aug. I will be sending out postcard reminders that a
person booked a party for Oct.
2. I will call them the first week in September to confirm.
3. I then send out a guest list (I have posted it before but can't right now)
4. I give them a bonus...if they return the list to me on time (which is usually 3 weeks befor their party) and have a $ 500 party I will give them $10 of free products for 30 names, $15 for 40 names and $20 for 50 or more names. Again, the party has to be $500, names have to be in on time and the $10 or whatever is not put toward half price or discounted items. (So a $10 is discounted at the % the host earned and then I earn commission and bump up my show average.) And I do enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.
5. I then send out the host packet with a copy of their guest list.
6. I send out the invitations. I do record all information on PP, but do not have time or desire to cold call. The only e-mail addresses I add on to my actual e-mail customer list are ones provided to me by customers at parties. I do ask someone if they mind if I put their name on my e-mail list if they just call me.
7. I have given out guest lists and made up the bonus sheets at a party.

What this has done for me? Increased my sales, reduced cancellations (because if they do not return the guest list to me on time...I call and if they haven't gotten to it...we reschedule the party and I can either book in another party or plan for training). What I pay in sending the invitations is no more than what I may have lost in postage for sending the packet in the past only to have someone cancel. Never see the postage or the paperwork again!

I figure if I can make it easy for the host...she will be greatly rewarded for what little I ask her to do. A win-win situation for me!

PS...LOVE Belinda!!! My cluster is in another state and I swear she has been the best training. She compliments ANY business whether you live near or far from your cluster.:balloon:

Yeah it's been really great. Listening to her CD's is one thing, but to hear her live and actually talking to YOU is really awesome. Tonight's call is all about BOOKINGS. :D :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I have been doing invites for my hosts for a while. I tell them I do the invites to make their lives easier. I have also startrd not giving a host packet till I have their list.

Here is my current dilema.... I met a gal at the county fair. She wants to book. She actuall emailed me about a date before I got a chance to call her. She is also a recruit lead. She said she will hand out the invites herself because she does not know last names of many she want's to invite. I said OK and am thinking I will do some really awesome host coaching. Any tips? This is the first time this has happened since I have been doing invites.

Hey, where do you find the stickers for the invites? Or does anyone have some cute ones? So you dont have to fill out by hand? Also, for theme shows, like Hawiian(ect.) What would you use? Make your own invite? Or use the HO ones, and just put a sticker on them?? Any cute ideas would be great!!!

When I did PC, and used the PC postcard invites, I would use Avery Name Badge labels and do the front that way. Now, I use a downloadable flyer from my company's workstation that makes a really cute invite and we just type in the info before printing. Sometimes with PC, I'd make up cute invite flyers, because I think flyers stand out more than postcards in the mail!
I will use an address label template for the envelopes. Hope that helps! :)

Oh also - you guys have Guest Labels that are carbon copy forms, that I think stick to envelopes... they're on your supply order form for pretty cheap. I prefer to use the email version that was posted above (for free!) :)

finley1991 said:

That is a GREAT idea... I have a show next week and I was going to bring host packets... NOT ANYMORE. I'll bring a guest list form and that's it. NO GUEST LIST - NO SHOW! Love it!!
THANKS

baychef said:
PS...LOVE Belinda!!! My cluster is in another state and I swear she has been the best training. She compliments ANY business whether you live near or far from your cluster.:balloon:

I agree....she is THE BEST....:D

Okay, I'm going to try this with the rest of my shows this year and see if I see a difference in attendance and sales. (Sounds like I will though! :) )

Starting with my shows this week and for those I already have schedued, I'm going to just give them the attendance list and then I will send them the hostess packet.

I do have one more question, since this so out of my "norm" for me. Do you give them catalogs when they book or just the attendance list form?

Sorry, I'm a little slow. This is such a new concept, however, I really like the idea and can't wait to see how it affects my shows! :)

Thanks for the help!

I will be giving a catalog, mostly because I feel like it will help the hostess when she is inviting her guests. I will tell the hostess to look it over and pick out the things shes most excited to see, and that way she'll be expressing genuine excitement when she calls to personally invite everyone. Anything to keep her excited!! :)
I got a guest list today... 52 names on it. I'm printing out my flyers and envelope labels right now. We'll see how it goes - the party is on the 29th! :D

I booked a show at 9:15 this morning. She really wants her host packet (she used to do PC) and I told her she would get that once I got her guest list. I got her guest list with 22 names on it by noon. She's also going to hand out invites and so is her mom. She really wants the catalogs and got the list to me because she knew she wasn't getting any without the list! It will motivate them to get on it!

Of course, I have to call another host in a minute AGAIN for her guest list!!! Not everyone is that motivated! :)

What do you do about the ones that want to pass them out at the office because they don't have ahome address for everyone? Do you requiest a list of who they are inviting, phone numbers?

Before reading this post I had already decided to start doing this too! I've decided I will send one catalog w/a wish list as well! I want the host to get excited about the products. I also want her to send me a copy of her wish list. This can give me a way to give her incentives for a $1,000 show, etc.

Colleen... LOVE the info. And, considering my last two hosts flaked out, this is very timely for me. So, thanks!

And, Belinda... You ALL know I LOVE her!!!

rebeccastt said:
Colleen,

I don't know if someone answered this yet for you or not but docs.google.com will allow anyone to open word or excel documents. Just FYI

etteluap70PC said:
Ok so I have been doing invites for my hosts for a while. I tell them I do the invites to make their lives easier. I have also startrd not giving a host packet till I have their list.

Here is my current dilema.... I met a gal at the county fair. She wants to book. She actuall emailed me about a date before I got a chance to call her. She is also a recruit lead. She said she will hand out the invites herself because she does not know last names of many she want's to invite. I said OK and am thinking I will do some really awesome host coaching. Any tips? This is the first time this has happened since I have been doing invites.

I would ask her how many does she want to hand out. And a list of her family and friends that she is inviting so you can send out those invitations. I find when left to the host passing them ALL out herself, I am more likely to have a cancellation or a poor attendance. Also, if you have a personal website, out of town guests may order for their party there also.

Also, I only give out the guest list. If they are at a party, then they already can take a catalog to start passing around.

Great info! Love the forms!

Paulette
Maybe you should ask your host for the first names, just to hold her accountable. Just say, I have to have the list with as much contact information as possible, even if you only know the first name.

Hey here is a dumb question, what do yall put in your Host Packets??
I am still new, so I dont know if i have everything that is needed in mine. I have:
usually 2 catalogs, Wish list flyer, Printed out monthly Host Special and Guest, and a Your Life Your way flyer.
What else should i include?

There is no such thing as a dumb question...especially when you are first starting out! You will get a wide range of answers on this one...for me, it changes but here is what I do now:
  • 5 catalogs in each of these is a preprinted outside order form and the upcoming host specials to peak interest in bookings
  • 5 additional preprinted outside order forms
  • their copy of their guest list
  • any extra invitations they may have requested to hand out with their party information already on the invitation
  • Host special for the month
  • Guest special for the month
  • For me, it is easier for me to make a small list of recipes to choose from. I have this and a list of ingredients for their grocery list
  • Our new recruiting booklet

The catalogs, invitations, etc. don't change. I may add more depending on what is happening with PC or if I offer my own specials.

Hope this helps!
Ann

I'm glad this came up for discussion again.....I have been about 50/50 on mailing invites for my hosts. I had always offered it as an option - but am considering changing over to do it as a standard part of my business.

Do you guys also then send e-invites as well? Not all of the guest lists shared include an area of hosts to provide email addresses. And I'm wondering too - if you send e-invites, how has the response been? because doesn't the email look like its coming from YOU not your host and those who don't know you, are they reluctant to open the email, etc?

Melinda

melindag said:
Do you guys also then send e-invites as well? Not all of the guest lists shared include an area of hosts to provide email addresses. And I'm wondering too - if you send e-invites, how has the response been? because doesn't the email look like its coming from YOU not your host and those who don't know you, are they reluctant to open the email, etc?

Melinda

I send the evite to myself and then have my host forward it to their friends and family so it comes from them. I've had better luck with that then sending directly from PWS. Sometimes I"ll send them for my host from my personal email and in the subject line I include the name of the host so the subject line would be "sally x's pampered chef party".

Thanks Ann and JAE...

I was thinking I would ask her to make out a list so she and I would have it to make sure she got the invites out and did not forget anyone.

I was thinking of sending her something like this...
Dear ***,
I would be happy to get you the invitations for your show. Since it is part of my job to insure that your show is a success. I would like for you to make a list of everyone you want to invite. Put down whatever info you have even if it is not complete. Send me a copy of this list, either by mail or email. This will accomplish a few things.
1. I will know how many invites to send you.
2. You will be able to mark off this list who has RSVP'd
3. You will have a set list when doing reminder calls a few days before your show (this is the #1 MOST Important step to having a great show).

I have attached a guest list sheet for you to print out if you like.

Thank you for scheduling your show with me!

Your PC cons,
Paulette......

Okay - I got more info from Belinda last night on our training call. (Actually, one of my downline asked her for me cuz I was too chicken. LOL)

FOR BOOKINGS RECEIVED AT THE PARTY:
Belinda says that she ALWAYS gives a host packet at the party. There are no invites included. When she is going over the packet with future hostess, she pulls out a Guest List form (the one posted earlier in this thread was perfect) and explains that she will be sending the invites for the party and she just needs this form filled out ASAP.
If the potential hostess balks, Belinda said to just reassure the hostess that you only use the information to send invitations, and nothing more. But she said she'd never NOT do a party just because someone is uncomfortable.

BOOKINGS RECEIVED BY PHONE, ETC:
This is where you could tell your hostess that you'll send the host packet after they get the guest list back to you. If she balks, same as above.
Bottom line is... if the hostess balks about it, just host coach like heck and make darn sure she is sending out alot of invites.

Belinda's wording:
"I understand you may feel uncomfortable, so I just want to reassure you that I use the information only to send invitations to your guests and nothing more."
If she still balks...
"Okay Mary, here are your invitations for your party... how many will you be sending?" (get them committing to a number)

My downline consultant had an EXCELLENT idea that Belinda seemed to like... have the hostess send YOU an invite with the rest. That way you'll know they got sent out and to call your hostess to confirm how many were given out. :D

Pampered Laura said:
My downline consultant had an EXCELLENT idea that Belinda seemed to like... have the hostess send YOU an invite with the rest. That way you'll know they got sent out and to call your hostess to confirm how many were given out. :D

That makes sense. I send a copy of what I send out to my hosts - both regular mail and email so they know what I sent and when I sent it. That helps keep me accountable. I love the idea of doing the same with the host.

Pampered Laura said:
:eek: thats what Belinda said she does! I'm so nervous to actually tell someone I won't do their party! LOL Have you ever had to do that?? You're my hero, Colleen.. seriously, this is exactly how I want my business to be - ME in charge, not my hosts! :D

I do the same thing... I have the 50 guest in 5mintues and then another sheet that has a place for name adress and phone number. I tell them when I book their show I need your guest list on or before XX day. I will mail out inivtes for you and two days before youir show I will call your guest and remidn them. When I get your guest list back, you will get a complete host packet!! I have doing this since I got back from confernce and I have had great success with it so far!!

I must be confused, I could have sworn that Belinda said on one of her CD's that if she doesnt get a guest list, she doesnt do the party... maybe I misunderstood that? Because she was pretty clear last night that if someone is just very uncomfortable with that, then that's fine. Hmm.
Maybe she meant that she knows there will be no party if she's supposed to be sending the invites and she doesnt get a guest list. Durrr. LOL :p

Actually, one of my downline asked her for me cuz I was too chicken. LOL)
You big chicken! I knew that wasn't you! Now the truth comes out! And WHO is the imposter that I have been talking to on the telephone? LOL

<h2>1. What is Belinda's 10 step Host Coaching plan?</h2><p>Belinda's 10 step Host Coaching plan is a comprehensive guide for hosts to successfully plan and execute a Pampered Chef party. It includes tips on inviting guests, creating a guest list, setting a date and time, promoting the party, and preparing the host's home for the event.</p><h2>2. Why does Belinda recommend sending invites and requiring a guest list?</h2><p>Belinda believes that sending invites and requiring a guest list is a guarantee for a successful party. By personally sending invites and having a guest list, the host can ensure that there will be a good turnout and that the guests will be receptive to the products being presented.</p><h2>3. What do you do if a host refuses to give a guest list?</h2><p>If a host flat out refuses to give a guest list, it is important to communicate the importance of having one for a successful party. You can offer to help the host create a guest list if they are having difficulty, or suggest alternative ways to reach out to potential guests, such as through social media or email. If the host still refuses, it is ultimately up to you whether to continue with the party or not.</p><h2>4. Do you have to follow Belinda's 10 step Host Coaching plan to be successful?</h2><p>No, you do not have to follow Belinda's 10 step plan exactly. It is a guide to help hosts have a successful party, but ultimately it is up to the individual consultant to adapt and modify the plan to fit their own style and the needs of their hosts.</p><h2>5. Can you give an example of a successful party using Belinda's Host Coaching plan?</h2><p>One example of a successful party using Belinda's Host Coaching plan is a consultant who had a host with a very small guest list. By following the plan and personally inviting each guest, the consultant was able to have a full house and the host received a lot of orders and bookings. The guests were also more engaged and interested in the products, resulting in a higher sales average for the party.</p>

1. What is Belinda's 10 step Host Coaching plan?

Belinda's 10 step Host Coaching plan is a comprehensive guide for hosts to successfully plan and execute a Pampered Chef party. It includes tips on inviting guests, creating a guest list, setting a date and time, promoting the party, and preparing the host's home for the event.

2. Why does Belinda recommend sending invites and requiring a guest list?

Belinda believes that sending invites and requiring a guest list is a guarantee for a successful party. By personally sending invites and having a guest list, the host can ensure that there will be a good turnout and that the guests will be receptive to the products being presented.

3. What do you do if a host refuses to give a guest list?

If a host flat out refuses to give a guest list, it is important to communicate the importance of having one for a successful party. You can offer to help the host create a guest list if they are having difficulty, or suggest alternative ways to reach out to potential guests, such as through social media or email. If the host still refuses, it is ultimately up to you whether to continue with the party or not.

4. Do you have to follow Belinda's 10 step Host Coaching plan to be successful?

No, you do not have to follow Belinda's 10 step plan exactly. It is a guide to help hosts have a successful party, but ultimately it is up to the individual consultant to adapt and modify the plan to fit their own style and the needs of their hosts.

5. Can you give an example of a successful party using Belinda's Host Coaching plan?

One example of a successful party using Belinda's Host Coaching plan is a consultant who had a host with a very small guest list. By following the plan and personally inviting each guest, the consultant was able to have a full house and the host received a lot of orders and bookings. The guests were also more engaged and interested in the products, resulting in a higher sales average for the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD