• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Hosts for Last Coaching Call: Ideas for Reminders & Contests

In summary, I offer to call guests for the host and remind them about the show. I offer to do the RSVP calls for the host and give away host benefits like Season's Best or a cookbook.
Princess
What do you guys do in your last host coaching call before the show to ensure the host calls and reminds her guests? My director tells her hosts that she is doing a scary spoon contest...any other ideas?

I actually offer to call the guest and remind them for the host. I have the host give me her invite list at the very beginning and I send out the invites. If she has put the phone numbers on there, I will offer to make the RSVP calls for her. Some hosts take me up on the offer and some feel guilty so they go ahead a call everyone themselves. When I call, I just identify myself and tell them why I'm calling. Sometimes I even get a call back to place an order because they can't make it. I look at it as just one more way to make hosting a show easier for the host.

I make the reminder calls myself. The host has already sent me the guest list (with phone numbers) because I mail the invitations.

Doing both has virtually eliminated cancelled shows and I think it increases attendance.

I just stress to hosts that people don't rsvp! We all have busy lives, and people just plain forget. I tell them they really need to call everyone, even those that have called. Once I explain to hosts that people forget, some will cancel at the last minute, etc...they usually are willing to do the calls!
I don't like to do the calls personally, I just think guests might think it was impersonal if the host can't do it themselves. I do send out the postcards though.

I let them know that if they don't get a call, they won't come. The way to get people there is to call everyone, even the ones who already said they are coming!

I always ask them to call for the ugly pot holder contest and to make sure we have enough paperwork and food.

I tell them to call because if they are anything like me, the invite is on a pile of papers in the kitchen and by the time they find it, the show will have passed.

Great ideas. I call them the day before the show and tell them that I "forgot" to tell them that I am holding an ugliest scraper contest and they should call all their guests and let them know so they can win a prize. A lot of people are really dissapointed when I am not giving away a scraper as a prize. A little out of my price range for a door prize though!!

Those of you who do an "ugliest _____" contest...what do you give away as the prize?

I tell them that I find that the hosts that have the most success and get the most free stuff are the ones that call non-RSVP's two days ahead and RSVP's one day ahead. Most do call and the ones that don't have crappy shows and I find that it's all a direct result of them not making reminder calls.

I will give away a Season's Best or some other small item from our supply list.
I have the mini whippers, season samples, coffee samples, citrus peelers, kwik cut knives. Something like that.

I was chatting with my director about this tonight and I was thinking I may do the ugliest spoon contest and give away 1 bamboo spoon. I would just buy the set and then get them for about $2 a spoon. The scraper is a little out of my price range too!

Don't offer an ugly scraper contest unless you're giving away a new scraper! Host a show and use the host benefits to get tons or bamboo spoon sets, then divide them up and give them away one at a time. They love these! You could also buy lots of skinny scrapers with the host discount, then they're not too expensive.
You could do worst knife and give the quickut, once again they may be disappointed, though. Favorite recipe contest, give away a cookbook or Season's Best.
Really the only reason to do these contests is when you have a host who is just really uncomfortable about making reminder calls, it helps her have a reason to call because the consultant "forgot" to have her tell the guests. Also, she has to call EVERY SINGLE person she invited, because she'll surely have one guest give her a dirty look and state that she was never told about the contest. If your host can be convinced to do the reminder calls by explaining that they can make the difference between a crappy show or a great show, you don't need to offer this incentive. Save the "ugly tool" contests for those few hosts that are uncomfortable.

What are some ideas for reminders to send to hosts before the last coaching call?

1. Send an email reminder a week before the call with the date and time, as well as a brief summary of what will be covered.

2. Use social media to post reminders and create a sense of excitement for the call.

3. Send a text message reminder the day before the call.

4. Use a personalized approach by calling and leaving a voicemail reminder for the host.

5. Send a physical reminder in the mail, such as a postcard or small gift, to create a personal touch.

What are some contest ideas to engage hosts before the last coaching call?

1. Have a referral contest where hosts can earn extra rewards for referring friends to host a party.

2. Create a social media photo contest where hosts can share pictures of their party setup or recipe creations for a chance to win a prize.

3. Host a virtual game night with all the hosts, where they can win prizes for participating and answering trivia questions about Pampered Chef products.

4. Have a booking contest where hosts can earn rewards for booking their next party at the last coaching call.

5. Create a challenge for hosts to reach a certain sales goal before the last coaching call, with a special prize for those who achieve it.

How can I ensure hosts are prepared for the last coaching call?

1. Provide hosts with a detailed agenda and any necessary materials or resources before the call.

2. Encourage hosts to review their party goals and notes from previous coaching calls before the last one.

3. Offer a one-on-one call with hosts who may need extra guidance or support before the last coaching call.

4. Send a reminder email a few days before the call with tips and suggestions for preparing.

5. Remind hosts to have their party guests' orders and contact information ready for the call.

What should hosts do to make the most out of the last coaching call?

1. Have their notes and party goals ready to reference during the call.

2. Be prepared to share their party successes and any challenges they faced.

3. Ask any questions or address any concerns they may have about the party or future parties.

4. Have their calendar available to schedule future parties and follow-up calls.

5. Take notes and actively participate in the call to ensure they get the most out of it.

Is there anything hosts should do after the last coaching call?

1. Schedule a follow-up call with their consultant to discuss their next steps and party goals.

2. Send a thank-you note or email to their consultant for the support and guidance during the coaching process.

3. Follow up with their party guests to ensure they received their orders and to thank them for their support.

4. Share their party experience and success with others on social media to generate interest in hosting a party.

5. Use the resources and tips provided during the last coaching call to continue growing their business and hosting successful parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MarineGurl020412
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • Kathy Jewell