• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has a host ever cancelled on you last minute?

In summary, the host canceled on the guest last night because their company didn't pay them on time and the guest was only able to make it because they were visiting this week. The guest is upset because they wanted to do the show in October and now they will have to wait. The host is related and the guest is hoping they can still do the show in October.
missmindym
I'm really irritated with my would be host for today. We've been working on this show for the last three weeks, I've put a lot of effort into making sure she had tons of extra catalogs, I did all of her invitations, we've talked and talked about how many people she was going to have, I told her she didn't have to do anything except have drinks and paper products, I was taking care of everything else, and then all of a sudden yesteday morning, she cancelled on me.

I realize that it's kind of a legitimate reason, the place that she works for didn't pay her direct deposit yesterday. In fact, none of the employees got paid their direct deposit, and they all panicked. All but one of the guests were supposed to be co-workers from the offices where she works. So, they all panicked that they weren't going to get paid and said they couldn't come now, etc. By the afternoon everyone figured out the mis understanding and they all got hard checks. Except for 3 people that were getting fired, which was how the whole situation started, they all still have jobs also. But, now they still don't want to go ahead today. Which I can kind of understand. The host is related, though, and while I am trying not to be too upset, it was really my first break out of that "circle" show.

I still have two more shows on the book this month, one is next week for the booking blitz, and then one the following week. I had really wanted another show this month, and I'm tapped out right now. Everyone I know either just had shows for me, or they are scheduled for Sept or later.

Okay, whining over. lol.

Is the host close enough to you that you can gently share you understand how they felt since essentially you just lost your paycheck too? Would she be willing to reschedule for you?

I'm actually going over there to visit with them today anyway. So, I'm going to see if I can salvage something out of this mess. I mainly agreed to do this show because I was going to be here visiting this week anyway, but I'm 180 miles away from where I'm currently living, so it's not like I can just drive up next week and do the show. So, about the only thing I can do is try and reschedule her for Sept or October when I will be up here again. I can really only justify driving up here once a month unless I was doing $1000 shows each week or something, lol.

But, her husband is also talking about signing, so we'll see. It might be a non-issue anyway since those would then be his customers.

I'm sorry- I feel your pain! It's like chicken little when he said the sky was falling and everyone else started to meltdown right along with him! I hope you can at least get a nice catalog show out of the deal!

Hang in there!

Well I would say they are going to get paid so just ask her to convert to a catalog show and close next week.

Well, I went to dinner with them and the real deal (she had to explain it because he just didn't know) is that the company (medical office) is broke. They didn't have the money to pay them yesterday morning. If they had it in the afternoon, she doesn't know where it came from. They don't even know if they checks they all cashed yesterday will bounce or not (which is why none of them deposited them it their actual accounts, they cashed them at Walmart). They all have a huge company meeting on Tuesday morning. Speculation is that they are more than likely going to be losing their jobs.

They are not ready to sign right now even though now would be the perfect time. He is a musician and is getting ready to go into his busiest time of the year starting next week and he will be busy through New Years. But, they would like to reschedule for the end of October. His mom is going to book something for me, probably also in October. They won't do the catalog show because they didn't have any luck pulling together any orders for the Mystery Host Show they tried to participate in. They say everyone wants to come to a party, though, when they have money. I don't know, maybe they are blowing smoke, it's been known to happen.

My biggest problem is that I wanted the majority of my October to be in the beginning and middle, because I plan on taking a couple of weeks off when my dh gets back from deployment at the end, and everyone is wanting to do shows for Christmas, starting at the end of October. But that's a whole other post, lol.

Im sorry this happened to you. It sucks when you put in all of that hard work for a cancellation. I had a host last year that I wish would have cancelled or atleast rescheduled. I worked with her just like you described and gave her extra catalogs and everything. She said that 2 people wanted to book shows off of hers and that her and one of her guests were interested in becoming consultants. She was one of my first shows and I was really excited and practiced and everything. When I got there it was just her and her hubby. I waited awhile and just set things up and at the time guests were expected to arrive she said that it would just be her, all of her friends and family were at a work picnic or family bbq's and stuff. She got a minimum show and barely even that. She had no interest in becoming a consultant, she sold avon and was hoping I would buy from her if she did a show for me. She didn't want to change the date of her show because her husband wanted to hang out with my hubby :mad:

Related to Has a host ever cancelled on you last minute?

1. Why is my host being difficult to work with?

It's possible that your host may be going through a personal issue or may simply be overwhelmed with hosting duties. It's important to communicate with your host and try to understand their perspective before assuming they are being intentionally difficult.

2. How can I handle a host who keeps changing the guest count?

It's important to establish a clear guest count with your host before the event and politely remind them of this agreement if they continue to change it. You can also suggest that they reach out to guests individually to confirm their attendance.

3. What should I do if my host is not following the agreed-upon schedule?

Try to gently remind your host of the schedule and the importance of sticking to it for the success of the event. If they continue to deviate from the schedule, try to be flexible and adapt as necessary.

4. How can I handle a host who is not promoting the event?

It's important to communicate with your host and remind them of the importance of promoting the event to ensure a good turnout. Offer to provide them with promotional materials or social media posts that they can easily share with their network.

5. What should I do if my host is not providing necessary supplies for the event?

First, make sure you have clearly communicated what supplies are needed for the event. If your host still does not provide them, try to bring some extra supplies with you or find creative solutions to make do with what is available. It's important to remain professional and not let any supply issues affect the success of the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kristina16marie