• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Tv Show - Current Season

In summary, Tara and Sione are my favorite contestants on the show. The young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had is also a favorite. I missed the show because I was busy tonight, but I plan on catching up on it later.
I saw that on the Today show. He stressed that he did go back and run the 3 miles that the producers drove him. They wanted a shot of him crossing the finish line and he was running at a slow pace that would have put him at the finish after it was closed. So the producers drove him 3 miles to put him at the finish while it was still open.

This is not a spoiler.

Jillian just offered one of the Biggest Loser Tips. If you love mashed potatoes, eat mashed cauliflower instead. Yeah, right. There is no way on God's green earth that mashed cauliflower has the same taste as mashed potatoes. Nuh uh. Nope. I don't believe it for a second. Seriously. Mashed cauliflower? Yuck.

I'm generally watching while doing something else, so I don't necessarily see the opening to remind myself how big some of them were in the beginning. They've all done so well. I'm kind of proud of them.

raebates said:
This is not a spoiler.

Jillian just offered one of the Biggest Loser Tips. If you love mashed potatoes, eat mashed cauliflower instead. Yeah, right. There is no way on God's green earth that mashed cauliflower has the same taste as mashed potatoes. Nuh uh. Nope. I don't believe it for a second. Seriously. Mashed cauliflower? Yuck.

Actually mashed cauliflower is really good! But if you don't think you can take it - mainly because it smells different - do half cauliflower and half mashed potatoes.

It probably tastes more like mashed potatoes when you add cheese, sour cream and bacon bits.But that would blow the whole point of eating cauliflower instead of potatoes, wouldn't it?

I don't like cauliflower at all. It smells nasty to me whether cooked or raw. It's not gonna happen at my house.

chefann said:
It probably tastes more like mashed potatoes when you add cheese, sour cream and bacon bits.

But that would blow the whole point of eating cauliflower instead of potatoes, wouldn't it?

Every day there's one more thing to add to the long list of reasons I love you. :love:

pcsharon1 said:
Actually mashed cauliflower is really good! But if you don't think you can take it - mainly because it smells different - do half cauliflower and half mashed potatoes.

Snarky comments aside, I do appreciate your info, Sharon.

I'd say that the black team learned their lesson last week. Seeing the results of falling off the wagon seems to have been a wake-up call.

Anyone else really NOT liking Tara???

I was sooooo happy last week when she lost NOTHING after their little binge trip.... and then when Helen ate the cookie that cost Tara $10,000!!!! Omg!!! He needed it worse than she did anyway. LOL

Yeah..I'm sure we'll see more attitude from Tara towards Helen because of that. Like, what did she expect?? SOMEONE would have done it. I was only able to catch bits and pieces. I was on a training call with Belinda Ellsworth!! YEAH!!!

Actually, I like Tara. She works hard and doesn't whine. Other than a little friendly trash talk, Tara strikes me as a let-it-go-and-move-on kind of gal.As for the cookie thing, I was disappointed that Helen chose to penalize anyone. I was glad to see that the blue team broke their alliance of three.

raebates said:
Actually, I like Tara. She works hard and doesn't whine. Other than a little friendly trash talk, Tara strikes me as a let-it-go-and-move-on kind of gal.

As for the cookie thing, I was disappointed that Helen chose to penalize anyone.

I was glad to see that the blue team broke their alliance of three.

I agree with all three of your points!

I love it when people agree with me.As for the whole cookie thing, I would rather lose on my own skills than win because I sabotaged someone else. I realize it was within the rules, but that doesn't make it right.

raebates said:
I love it when people agree with me.

As for the whole cookie thing, I would rather lose on my own skills than win because I sabotaged someone else. I realize it was within the rules, but that doesn't make it right.
And the fact that she was joking about it and thought it was sort of funny didn't help with me, either. Then it turned mean. I don't like mean.

I wondered if that was an attempt at humor on her part. It's easy to get carried away joking around.

It would have been one thing if someone who ate a cookie had a chance of winning the prize by doing it. But someone who was going to be way back in the pack? It just seemed vindictive.

I'm with ya.

chefann said:
It would have been one thing if someone who ate a cookie had a chance of winning the prize by doing it. But someone who was going to be way back in the pack? It just seemed vindictive.
Yes - now I can understand if the guy who came in 2nd had eaten a cookie, because he would know that he would have a good time, and that it could mean the difference between $10,000 or not. But you are right - I felt like she knew Tara would do well, and was just being mean.The guy who did come in 2nd, had more integrity than that, though. And he ended up winning. I was glad that he won without penalizing someone else.

In her defense, because Lord knows she needs one, Helen did say that she thought she had a shot at beating Sione. Clearly the woman was delusional.

WHAT??!! The alliance is broken??!! I didn't see the show. :(

Addie4TLC said:
WHAT??!! The alliance is broken??!! I didn't see the show. :(
Cathie (Mom) got sent home - she asked to be sent home. It was all very emotional.

ChefBeckyD said:
Cathie (Mom) got sent home - she asked to be sent home. It was all very emotional.

That means the dad is still there!? She can probably run circles around him in the challenges. Oh well, they're all going to dwingle away unless there's another twist or it's every man for himself.

Ron couldnt be sent home he was the biggest loser on the blue team.

The dad had immunity because he had the highest percentage of weight lost on the team.

Wow! Good for him, so he didn't say his famous words? :) I will have to catch up and watch the show this week. Thanks for the update.

raebates said:
In her defense, because Lord knows she needs one, Helen did say that she thought she had a shot at beating Sione. Clearly the woman was delusional.
Actually, didn't Helen come in 3rd in the marathon, just 10 or 15 minutes behind Tara and Sione? And I do like Tara too...she's doing what she's supposed to. I didn't mean to say I didn't like her, but just that when you are a tough competitor who is in the front of the pack, yeah..you'll have a target on your back, so don't act too surprised when it happens.

I don't remember her exact time, but everyone knew Tara and Sione were the people to beat. A difference of 10 or 15 minutes is huge in this kind of competition. And, my "delusional" comment was a bit of hyperbole. Heck, she finished, which is more than I could do.I guess from my standpoint it seems like choosing to eat a giant sugar cookie is sabotaging your own goal of losing weight as much as handicapping someone else. That doesn't seem like a smart move.

raebates said:
I guess from my standpoint it seems like choosing to eat a giant sugar cookie is sabotaging your own goal of losing weight as much as handicapping someone else. That doesn't seem like a smart move.
That's exactly why the producers use it. Then the contestants have to weigh the extra calories against the time benefit. And it actually shows who isn't as serious about losing the weight. People who are truly focused on losing weight wouldn't fall for the ploy. And did you hear how many calories were in one of those cookies? It was somewhere north of 350.

Yeah, those sugar cookies wouldn't tempt me. They'd have to be chocolate chip, and soft. ;)I was confused about Aubrey though. (Is that her name? The mom from Boise, ID). I could've sworn they showed her taking a bite of a cookie. I know a lot of them pretended to, but then didn't...but I thought she did.I always am so proud of the contestants who turn down the temptations. I'm glad that most of them did. I think Helen thought it was funny at the time, but she really did seem to regret it when she was back on campus. Realizing that it was mean. Plus when no one else did it, I bet she felt really dumb and petty.

poohritz said:
anybody else notice that it seems like 1 segment is a comercial? one time it is cereal, and the next it is ziploc bags. or frozen birds eye veggies or extra gum. shameless plugs all over the place.

It's all about sponsorship.

Durring those segments DH and I look at each other and say "comercial!"

babywings76 said:
Yeah, those sugar cookies wouldn't tempt me. They'd have to be chocolate chip, and soft. ;)

I was confused about Aubrey though. (Is that her name? The mom from Boise, ID). I could've sworn they showed her taking a bite of a cookie. I know a lot of them pretended to, but then didn't...but I thought she did.

I always am so proud of the contestants who turn down the temptations. I'm glad that most of them did. I think Helen thought it was funny at the time, but she really did seem to regret it when she was back on campus. Realizing that it was mean. Plus when no one else did it, I bet she felt really dumb and petty.

I thought I saw Aubry take a bite of cookie too!!! What's up with that....unless it only counted if someone ate the entire cookie. I was so shocked that Helen would do that to anyone, let alone her own teammate. Even tho I don't care for Tara, I don't think she deserved that.

babywings76 said:
Yeah, those sugar cookies wouldn't tempt me. They'd have to be chocolate chip, and soft. ;)

I was confused about Aubrey though. (Is that her name? The mom from Boise, ID). I could've sworn they showed her taking a bite of a cookie. I know a lot of them pretended to, but then didn't...but I thought she did.

I always am so proud of the contestants who turn down the temptations. I'm glad that most of them did. I think Helen thought it was funny at the time, but she really did seem to regret it when she was back on campus. Realizing that it was mean. Plus when no one else did it, I bet she felt really dumb and petty.

when you ate the cookie you had to say who you wanted it to penalize. i think they did that so that you couldnt get to the end, see who won & then everyone just penalize that person. kwim? so im thinking aubry's cookie penalized someone besides tara or sione.

thecougchef said:
when you ate the cookie you had to say who you wanted it to penalize. i think they did that so that you couldnt get to the end, see who won & then everyone just penalize that person. kwim? so im thinking aubry's cookie penalized someone besides tara or sione.

You're right. :)

I went on to Ali Sweeney's blog today http://blog.nbc.com/alison/the_biggest_loser/

and this is what she said at the end of it:

p.s. Aubrey did eat a cookie, but since it was for Helen it didn't affect the outcome of the race so we didn't air that part.

You should check out her blog. It's fun to get a little background info on what her thoughts were and maybe some behind the scenes info. She put a clip on there that you can watch that addresses what happened between Sione, Filipe and Jillian regarding working out together since his flare up.

Also if Sione hadn't gotten that cramp, he would have beat her anyway! She was only ahead less than 2 minutes and he was on the ground awhile with that cramp! I don't like Tara's attitude at all. She is a big whiny baby in my opinion and probably is strongest of all the players athletically but is a real jerk at times...I want to see Mike be the WINNER of the whole Show! He is too sweet! I cried through most of that episode with everyone going home and all! Max, Mike's brother, was pitiful! I was in tears watching him. I was so proud of Ron and Mike eating those huge salads instead of the pizza! That shows they are "getting it" and can take it home!

I think Mike is such an inspiration. I still get teary-eyed when I think of him giving the other contestant his free grocery prize because he's single, and she's a single mom. He's such a caring young man - I am really rooting for him to win.

chefann said:
I think Mike is such an inspiration. I still get teary-eyed when I think of him giving the other contestant his free grocery prize because he's single, and she's a single mom. He's such a caring young man - I am really rooting for him to win.

I want him to win too. Him giving the other contestant (on the other team, no less!) his grocery prize sealed it for me - but then, so did seeing him with his brother when he was home did too. He's a good kid, and I think he would use winning as a catalyst to do even bigger things to encourage others to get healthy.

I agree as well. I love Mike and just see him as such a sweet, generous guy who is a terrific example and inspiration to many. It was so touching to see his interaction with his brother. He totally understood what his brother was thinking and showed how much he cared about his brother's feelings.

Spoiler Alert!I know there are those who don't like Tara. I like her. I think she's worked hard from day 1. I understand everyone seeing her as a threat and adding weight to her in the first part of the challenge. (The second part hasn't aired yet, so I don't know what it will mean to her.) The attitude, though, of those laughing was just cruel. I don't blame her for feeling hurt. I noticed that Sione wasn't laughing when she added a bunch of weigh to him. The mood had completely changed. She has been a big target. Aubrey needed to back off. She wasn't the one targeted. She has no clue.Being in the house is stressful. I imagine she feels like she's all alone at this point. I know her partner is still there, but she's considered by the others to be no real threat. Tara has been out front in a big way.
Good for her! Take that all you who laughed. Whine, whiners, whine.

Last edited:
Why didn't two of the women compete in the car pull?

I think they have health issues that prevent them from doing some things.

Mike's was the only trainer choice that surprised me. I was also a bit surprised at his dad's response to Mike's choice.

Ok missed most of tonight because of a show. Why are they all back in their colors?

They're all individual now. So even though some have someone else in the same color, it's every person for themselves.

raebates said:
Mike's was the only trainer choice that surprised me. I was also a bit surprised at his dad's response to Mike's choice.

Did they vote someone off last night? I've been turning the TV off at 10:00 so I missed the ending.

By the way, I don't really like Mike's dad (or at least the way the portray him). I hope he was voted off. Mike is really just a kid (and such a sweetie) so I completely understand why he made his choice that way. I'm glad he ended up with Jillian. I don't watch this show on a regular basis so I didn't know her track record of winners . . . I think she will give him the edge.

Anyone else find Phillip (I'm not sure that's his name) to be REALLY annoying?!

chefjeanine said:
Did they vote someone off last night? I've been turning the TV off at 10:00 so I missed the ending.

By the way, I don't really like Mike's dad (or at least the way the portray him). I hope he was voted off. Mike is really just a kid (and such a sweetie) so I completely understand why he made his choice that way. I'm glad he ended up with Jillian. I don't watch this show on a regular basis so I didn't know her track record of winners . . . I think she will give him the edge.

Anyone else find Phillip (I'm not sure that's his name) to be REALLY annoying?!

1. Aubrey was voted off

2. I like Mike, but don't care for his dad either.

3. I find Filipe very annoying.

:D

ChefBeckyD said:
1. Aubrey was voted off

2. I like Mike, but don't care for his dad either.

3. I find Filipe very annoying.

:D

Thank you, Becky.

Hmmm. Aubrey. I guess she probably is a threat.

Oh, did any of the women hit the 100lb level?

chefjeanine said:
Thank you, Becky.Hmmm. Aubrey. I guess she probably is a threat. Oh, did any of the women hit the 100lb level?
Yes....the daughter...I can't remember her name, but her mom was sent home last week. She lost 8 lbs - put her at 103 lbs lost!And it came down to Aubrey or Filipe - so I was sort of disappointed it was Aubrey who went home.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes....the daughter...I can't remember her name, but her mom was sent home last week. She lost 8 lbs - put her at 103 lbs lost!

Yippee! I was hoping she would be the first one to the 100lbs. And an 8lb loss, that's amazing!

Last edited:
I KNEW I could come on here to get the scoop - I fell asleep on the couch watching last night! Thanks for the updates!

<H2>1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?</H2><p>The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.</p><H2>2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?</H2><p>The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".</p><H2>3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.</p><H2>4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?</H2><p>The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.</p><H2>5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.</p>

1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?

The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.

2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?

The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".

3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?

Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.

4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?

The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?

There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Lisa/ChefBear