• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Tv Show - Current Season

In summary, Tara and Sione are my favorite contestants on the show. The young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had is also a favorite. I missed the show because I was busy tonight, but I plan on catching up on it later.
raebates
Staff member
I've never actually watched Biggest Loser before. The promos got to me this year, so I watched the first episode. now I'm hooked.

It amazes me what these people go through. I mean, I work out regularly, and I work up a sweat. I can't imagine, though, working out for 5 to 8 hours every day. I also can't imagine working out until I throw up.

I've got a couple of people I'm really rooting for. They're clearly taking this opportunity seriously. I have to tell you, though, I'm a little tired of some of the whinier contestants.

Any other fans out there?

I watch biggest loser every season. In all honestly I think Bob and Jilllian would literally kill me. I as hoping for the orange guy cant remeber his name, I am also getting sick of the whiners.

watching with one eye and one ear right now.:D

I don't always get to see it because I have alot of shows on Tuesdays, but I always find it interesting. The great thing is seeing past winners and where they are today.

Are you talking about the young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had? I was sorry to see him go. I'm really concerned that he hadn't made the behaviors enough of a habit to continue with them on his own.Tara and Sione are my favorites right now. Tara amazes me. She's one tough chick.

Yeah I am talking about the kid that was the heaviest. His partner definitly didnt want to be there I was so sad when he was sent home. I really like Tara and Sione also.

It's amazing how clearly you can see those who get it and those who don't.

The 1 one the silver team did not get it at all. Plus she drove me nuts. I was so sad that the old couple went home. I figured that they would be one of the 1st's but I was still pretty sad.

I know the one you're talking about. It was painfully sad to watch her. I really felt sorry for her partner. Now, she got it.I was sad to see the older couple go, too. I have hope that things clicked in their heads pretty quickly.

The purple team is from WI, so I guess I have to kind of root for them. I think before that I was rooting a bit for the pink team...I think...so much has happened in the last few weeks.I missed it because tonight was our AWANA Grand Prix and I had to run the computer/timing system.My daughter got a 2nd place trophy for design. I'll have to try to take a picture of her car before her grass dies.Her car had a section that she grew grass in, then it had a painted stream on it.She titled it: "Blessed Be the Name"By the grass it said, "In a land that is plentiful..."
By the stream it said, "Where steams of abundance flow..."(Words to the song...)So, that was more important - will have to catch up on the Biggest Loser later.

raebates said:
Are you talking about the young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had? I was sorry to see him go. I'm really concerned that he hadn't made the behaviors enough of a habit to continue with them on his own.Tara and Sione are my favorites right now. Tara amazes me. She's one tough chick.
They showed Daniel's "where is he now" thing and he had lost 101 pounds already and looked great! His goal is to be the Biggest Loser at home!Joelle was a real jerk! Carla and her were "best friends" and she talked to her like a dog. No one liked her because of all her whining on the Show. I am going to walk tonight's in a few after I finish checking posts here!

I like the Green Team and the Blue Team. I also like the son from the Brown Team.

I like most of those left.....but I'm kinda rooting for the brown team - they've been the underdogs the entire season and I would love to see them succeed. I can see Tara being the strong one of all of this, which puts a target on her back. So far tho, they've only voted off the ones who didn't want to be there instead of "playing the game" and voting of the "biggest threats" like they have so many seasons.

I was soooo glad when they finally got rid of Joelle - she was no friend to her partner. Too bad they couldn't have changed the game BEFORE they were booted instead of right after, that way Carla could've stayed in the game.

I also am rooting for the brown team, because even though the Dad has physical limitations, they have so mush heart- And th eosn feels so much pressure for "saving" his Dad's spot, now the Dad is on his own, it will be interesting to see what happens. I know I coul dno work out at the level they do, I woudl probably have a heart attack.

Tara and Sione seem to be rockin, and I really like them. The purple team (especially the daughter) are trying really hard too!

I am gonna be vague here, unless someone hasn't seen last night's episode: do they always do MEAN stuff to the contestents like they did last night? I have never really watched TBL till this season, so I don't know. I was standing there crying last night...it was hard to watch all of them so upset and torn. I don't even think the trainers knew it was gonna happen.

It was an interesting episode. I actually was surprised the trainers took it so hard--in comparison to other seasons. I mean, don't get me wrong, their sadness was understandable and I was so upset for them. It was a shock. And the trainers have such a devotion to their people they've been working with. But really, every season they switch up teams. Especially with couples, it comes down to when they have to go blue/black and decide teams. I remember one season the trainers had to race each other up escalators going the reverse direction. The winning trainer than got to pick their team! That was crushing to me, because they picked different people than who they were working with and some people's feelings got really hurt. Bob pretty much picked all the guys and I thought it was really mean of him and he made it so unfair. (Of course, I think that was the season that Jillian's team ended up doing really well and they were the ones making it to the end.) One girl in particular felt like she had been abandoned...when really Bob was thinking she would be happy with going to Jillian. Oh it was sad! But anyway, my point is that this did seem harsher, but I really wasn't surprised. And I think Jillian's attitude was good--they get the best of both worlds. Both trainers are excellent and each team feels devoted for a reason--the trainers are good and have success and they will end up doing well despite the change--as long as people continue with trying to let things work. KWIM?

Do they still do just individuals or is it all the partners now? I watched when it was the individuals, but haven't gotten into the partner (or couples/families) one.

The past 2 seasons have been partners. I wonder if they'll do individuals again.ETA: I actually just looked it up and Season 5 and 6 and now 7 are with partners.

Last edited:
babywings76 said:
It was an interesting episode. I actually was surprised the trainers took it so hard--in comparison to other seasons. I mean, don't get me wrong, their sadness was understandable and I was so upset for them. It was a shock. And the trainers have such a devotion to their people they've been working with. But really, every season they switch up teams. Especially with couples, it comes down to when they have to go blue/black and decide teams.

okay so i was totally annoyed with last nights episode! almost no one got what they wanted out of the deal. everyone was soooo whiney! if it have been ME who was switched to bobs team, i would have felt sooo bad about myself - thinking that bob didnt want me. there are thousands of overweight people out there who would LOVE to be on the biggest loser - regardless of who their trainer was. and you know that the people who have already been kicked off would come back in a heart beat, not caring who their trainer was (except maybe joelle & david).

ps. im secretly in love with daniel (the biggest player whos lost 101 already at home). i cant wait to see how he looks at the finale!!

Once they get over freaking out about changing trainers, I think it will be good for them. Their new trainer will have them doing different exercises and that will probably kick their metabolism up another notch.

It did seem strange that they were all so emotional but this is an emotional situation. They are away from family & friends and their trainer is their big support.

Last edited:
I can understand becoming emotionally attached to your trainer. I can understand the trainers becoming emotionally invested in their contestants. I was a bit surprised by Bob's display. To me that wasn't professional, and could be demoralizing and hurtful to those now on his team. Jillian seemed to be thrown for a loop, but she took a breath, welcomed the new people, encouraged open communication both ways, pulled up her big girl panties and dealt with it.This is my first season actually watching the show. I can tell both trainers are competitive. It wouldn't be nearly as fun if they weren't. However, my perception is that Bob's competitiveness overshadows his concern for individuals. I'm thinking of the time when they kicked one of the members of the black team off. They chose the one who wanted to leave as opposed to the one that would make it easier for their team to win. Bob basically told them that it was a dumb move. That rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, it is a competition, but it's about making life changes. Sticking it to the other guy doesn't seem like a positive move to me.

I just finished watching the show from Tuesday... I think it was so hard on Bob because he was really "invested" in the people he had this season. I think it was sweet that Mike took Julianne because Ron already had a good routine he could do with Bob well. Wonder what is up with Bob this season? This is the 2nd time he has lost it... He really let Joelle have it that one session (which she very much deserved) and now this... I do think everyone understood that came over from Julianne's team how he was feeling.

I am so mad I missed 1/2 of the show due to the presidents speech. It says it will be on tonight so hopewfully they will do a recap. My DVR stopped as soon as Bob saw the new teams.

You can watch the episodes online too! Last night they only did one hour. Tonight is the second half, so you might not have missed anything. ;)--Oh I jumped the gun and didn't read your last sentence about when your DVR stopped. Sorry!

I think Bob and Jillian just get tired of the games and surprised that the producers of the shows always pull. To Bob and Jillian, these are peoples lives and they take their jobs very seriously. So to them, the show is messing with peoples lives.On the other hand, IMHO, in 'the real world', we all face surprises and set backs. If you are at home trying to lose weight or live healthy, there are things that come up and block us at every turn. We have to face them, regroup, and keep on track. Even though I do think it's low sometimes how the show mixes things up for the sake of ratings and drama, it does in some way emulate the emotions/situations of life that will vary and we still have to learn to deal with.I'm interested to see what Bob's blog says. He said he'd comment more on how he felt after the episode aired...so I figure maybe tomorrow (after it airs the rest tonight).

What's Bob's blog address?

Yes, I'd like to know too. :) I don't get to see the episodes when the come out on TV but I do catch them on cable, they re-run it on the weekend. Very motivational, I will pass on a few desserts after I watch it. My sister in law is getting married in Sept and I want to get in to a size 10 (that's 4 sizes!!)

Addie4TLC said:
Yes, I'd like to know too. :) I don't get to see the episodes when the come out on TV but I do catch them on cable, they re-run it on the weekend. Very motivational, I will pass on a few desserts after I watch it. My sister in law is getting married in Sept and I want to get in to a size 10 (that's 4 sizes!!)

I hate to admit it...but my DH and I love to sit down and watch the Biggest Loser...with a nice bowl of ice cream :D :blushing: :eek:

babywings76 said:
I hate to admit it...but my DH and I love to sit down and watch the Biggest Loser...with a nice bowl of ice cream :D :blushing: :eek:

Yep! Last week I was watching while eating a bowl of popcorn!!:eek:

The show always makes me hungry, but I'd feel too guilty eating while I watch. It also makes me want to jump on my exercise bike and ride while watching. I don't, though, because exercising too close to bedtime makes it difficult to get to sleep. It revs my engine. That's why I do it in the morning.

raebates said:
The show always makes me hungry, but I'd feel too guilty eating while I watch. It also makes me want to jump on my exercise bike and ride while watching. I don't, though, because exercising too close to bedtime makes it difficult to get to sleep. It revs my engine. That's why I do it in the morning.

lol

Does the furry guy know this?? :rolleyes:

KellyTheChef said:
Does the furry guy know this?? :rolleyes:

Yes, he does. It's one of the many secrets to our happy marriage. ;)

I'm so embarrassed to confess this...This is totally going to sound like a stupid whine and a lame excuse, but I can't exercise while watching TV because I have to see the show, not just hear it and every time I exercise I have to focus and watch what I'm doing to be effective and then miss stuff (plus we watch from the DVR so we FF commercials and I can't do that while exercising. ;) Our eliptical machine is in the basement and we need to have someone come fix it, it's not working right. Our TV is a big screen TV that is hard to watch unless you are sitting at eye level. I swear...I'm not making this up! :D I was just thinking today about looking into getting some type of exercise bike, that would work in our TV room. I could definitely do that while watching TV! (Any recommendations on types of stationary/spinning bikes?)

Sorry. Mine's a garage sale special. It's adjustable and I get my heart rate up while I sweat. That's all I require.

babywings76 said:
What's Bob's blog address?

He has a site now. You have to register to read it all, but it's free to do. It's interesting to read his take on things.

www.mytrainerbob.com

Help! I fell asleep just before they announced what the big twist was going to be for the weigh-in. So I don't know what the twist was, who lost big, or who was sent home.Can someone help a girl out?TIA!

Was it on tonight? I was watching ANTM. But last night, the twist was that they weren't weighing them against eachother. Each person was weighed individually, but if they lost more than 77 pounds as a group for the week (that's 7 pounds each), then nobody would have to leave. If they didn't meet that, then 1 person from each team would have to go. PLUS, for each pound lost (whether they met the challenge or not), the show would donate 100 pounds of food to Feeding America.It got down to the last person (the son, whose name I keep forgetting), and he would have to have lost 9 (or 12, I can't remember) pounds for them to have met the challenge. Then it ended.

It was Mike (the youngest contestant)...and if he lost 10 lbs. they were safe. If it was just 9, it would put them right at the 77lbs...Allison kept saying he had to lose MORE than 9 lbs (more than 77)....so..the drama continues . :D

Ah, thanks.No, Ann, it wasn't on tonight. I kept thinking I'd find the info online, but I couldn't find a recap anywhere. I don't watch videos online because my dial-up takes forever to download. I sure hope Mike did it. I was so proud of him when he gave away the year of groceries to the mom of 5. What a neat young man.

I will say that one of the most annoying things about The Biggest Loser (and reality shows in general) is the manufactured suspense. On Biggest Loser it's the way the scale bounces around to random weights before displaying the contestants' weight. It's also the way they show one or two people's results, then cut away to commercial just before the next person's weight is revealed. Of course, that's complete with the flashes to thee shocked expressions of either the other contestants or the trainers.Like I said--annoying.

That's DH's biggest gripe with the show, too. When we had it on Tuesday, he commented that they could do the weigh-in in 15 minutes or less. Hulu has episodes online, Rae, but they don't post right away and they're only up for a limited time.

That's one thing that just drives me nuts...the drawn out weight results. Well, I guess the thing about it that really annoys me is when you get back from the commercial break and they repeat the last 30 seconds or whatever. As if I don't remember what's going on?! :rolleyes: Plus how they won't show the weight and they'll show someone looked devastated or shocked in a bad way, only to have them come back and show that it was a good outcome and no one had those reactions they showed earlier. I hate the way it's edited.By the way, Rae, I ended up going out with DH and we bought an upright bike. I love it! It's absolutely silent so it's nice to use it while we watch tv! :) Of course we've all been sick since we got it last Friday, so I've only used it once (during TBL) :)

anybody else notice that it seems like 1 segment is a comercial? one time it is cereal, and the next it is ziploc bags. or frozen birds eye veggies or extra gum. shameless plugs all over the place.

poohritz said:
anybody else notice that it seems like 1 segment is a comercial? one time it is cereal, and the next it is ziploc bags. or frozen birds eye veggies or extra gum. shameless plugs all over the place.

I think that bugs me almost more than the scale taking 6 minutes to register their weight! lol

I know the first time it happened, I was all excited and hoping that the trainer was really going to TEACH them something about preparing healthy foods, not pitch a particular product for them to BUY!

I think Mike lost his 10#'s. If he didn't, they could have just ended the show knowing 2 were going home and making us wonder WHO was going home. I still can't believe the show ended like that!

poohritz said:

Those just crack me up. If you notice, there is a particular background music played. So every time I hear that, I say to DH "Here comes the infomercial". It's really quite funny. It reminds me of "The Truman Show" where his wife would all of a sudden point out a product and do a plug. Funny.

Yeah, the obvious product placements are annoying. It's one thing to have a box of Ziploc bags in every shot in the kitchen. It's something else to have one of the trainers start talking about them as if they're some sort of food storage expert.

Thanks, Ann. Even though I gripe a bit about it, I have decent dial-up service. Still, it takes too long for me to download video. In addition to being cheap and lazy, I'm impatient.

I could not believe it when I watched the DVR today. We have figured out the pattern on the weigh-ins... Weigh one and give results, weigh 2nd person and go to commercial! LOL! I was so not happy about that! I think Mike lost too... Poor guy! I can't imagine he could blame himself if he didn't lose 10 pounds! There was some others that could have done better. The only good thing is that Laura would probably be the one to go home. She is such a Drama Queen and almost worse than Joelle!

Oh, I forgot about this link on CS.....I need to know, what did Mike to do help the one sister, who's got the 5 kids??

I keep seeing the previews and while I was sitting at our Elem. School, freezing my butt off, (as they turn heat off at 3:30) I was complaining to other PTO officer, you know for this I'm missing Biggest Loser!!! We did good in sales, but UGH, I missed more than the first hour.

Of course, had to stop by McD's and grab a meal and Shramrock Shake to come home and watch the rest of Biggest Loser. :blushing:

So what did he do, and what the heck happened to the "teams"??? I missed something major.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Oh, I forgot about this link on CS.....I need to know, what did Mike to do help the one sister, who's got the 5 kids??
<snip>
So what did he do, and what the heck happened to the "teams"??? I missed something major.
In the challenge, each member of the winning team won groceries for a year. Mike gave his to the other contestant.

The Teams switched up last week.

That young man is a class act! I really wouldn't mind seeing him win! Did you notice almost all of the contestants have lost over 80 pounds and some over 90 and a couple over 100! This is a heck of a season! Did you hear than Dane LIED about completing that marathon with his wife? He didn't complete it but she did. The "crossing the finish line together" was faked...

<H2>1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?</H2><p>The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.</p><H2>2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?</H2><p>The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".</p><H2>3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.</p><H2>4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?</H2><p>The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.</p><H2>5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.</p>

1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?

The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.

2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?

The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".

3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?

Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.

4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?

The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?

There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Lisa/ChefBear