• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Only 5 Shows on Calendar in June, Help

In summary, Lisa is looking for ideas on how to fill her calendar and feels like she is "bugging" people. She has had a few people tell her they are "tight" for money and she can't ask friends and family to order for her. She is running a contest and has high hopes for this year, but she is also worried about how her business will be during the summer. She recommends calling customers and making customer care calls.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I'm looking for ideas to help me fill my calendar, I feel like I'm "bugging" people or being that Pushy Party lady, that I don't want to be!!

I've had so many people, well it's graduation time, parties at work, end of school!! I do shows in 2 states, so it's seeming to be bad. I've even called repeat hostesses and am just having bad luck. I've had so many people say, money is so tight right now, I just can't ask my friend and family to order. (How do you respond to that one??)

Have you found running contests works?? Is anyone running any contests, or is there anything you've found that works.......

I was thinking about the 12 days of Christmas Idea, but not sure what to call it or how to do that. I was also thinking about maybe a "prize" of some kind to highest seller, but just not sure how to get word out that I'm offering this, without calling LOTS of people and "bugging" them.

Help,

Lisa

I don't know what to say except that I'd be thrilled to have booked 5 for June... I have one and am playing phone tag with several who said they want to book for June... I can't say that the contests I have done have garnered lots of hosts but they have gotten a couple ... sorry ... I don't think I'm much help but just wanted to congratulate you! I would like the summer to be more full time with PC for me so I'm praying for things to fill up.

I have 3 cooking and 1 catalog. Waiting on an answer for one more cooking and one more catalog. I am running a Competition where the host with the highest sales at the end of the month wins the BBQ Jumbo Turner. I am trying to boost sales for the Sellathon. My highest month (which was last June) in one year is about $2700 and I so want $3000 this June. In my area summer is usually a good time for shows unlike some areas when summers are slow.

I usually have 2 -3 per month, so, 5 sounds great to me too.

Personally, when I begin to feel like a pest I just back off and Let God take care of it and it always works out! My thinking is if I feel like a pest others probably feel the same way too, ha!

Last edited:
Me too Diane. Congrats Lisa. For summer.....5 is pretty good.

Well I've been doing between 8-10 shows a month, so 5 is a drop. :(

I'm just worried as it just seems I'm having hard time with people sticking with bookings. It's almost like you can tell when they make them, it's not going to stick.

I've got to Let Go and Let God, maybe this is his way of telling me to take care of the home front!! Which is overfilled with paperwork that I'm not sure what I've got to keep and sorting of personal things that needs to be sorted through.

I'm just not sure how I feel about having less shows, I'll just have to pray about it.

THanks,

Lisa

Wow, 5 shows? That's great. I was excited this morning because I scheduled my 4th June show. This will be my 3rd June in PC and the past 2, I sold zilch! So I'm thrilled to have 4 so far!

Lisa....Business usually drops off in the summer. Just stay focused and stay positive.....

Who knows...those 5 shows could top 10 total!

Enjoy a little R&R. Sometimes it's good to take a little break.

Keep on keepin.... So many people say shows drop in the summers but I have found that I end up having a decent amount by the end of June. I usually end up the month with e-mailing repeat purchasers and friends and family to help me to get to that last dollar value I want to get to but this year I would like to get it a lot easier.

I suggest you pull out your last several shows and make customer care calls. Ignore what anyone says on their drawing slips and call everyone. (It sounds like you should have plenty if you have 6 to 8 shows a month) After you have called those who have expressed an interest I would suggest calling everyone who has ordered.

Start by just asking about their products, if they are enjoying them and if they have any questions. Do a technique similar to the 3 pile method at a show but this time it would be Recruiting, Hosting, and then just a simple purchase - you could make it 4 so you aren't asking all things that need a response and the 4th would be to ask if they are getting your (if you do one) e-mail newsletter and if not, ask them if they would like to get it for updates.

You will need to host coach like crazy to make it happen but just remember not everyone is on vacation at the same time. Graduation is only one weekend, which I am experiencing here in Texas for May.

I have to say I really really need to follow those instructions myself since I am no where near the shows I want scheduled for June.

Last edited:
On this same topic, I would love for suggestions on ways to get shows. I have a few ideas like just going around my neighborhood and talking to people who I have never spoke to about Pamapered Chef.

Anyone have any ideas out of the ordinary? I am a single mom and my son is going to be gone to a summer camp for almost 2 weeks. I would love to have 4 or more shows booked during the time he is gone.

I am thinking an open house would work and need to get those invites out ASAP. I am also thinking of sending an e-mail to my e-mail list saying if you book & hold a show during these dates you will go into a drawing for an ??? I will have to decide but I want to make it worth their time. Maybe a choice. Any suggestions?

I will be taking my own advice and calling every customer that I can but am looking for other creative ideas.

This may help Lisa too, that is why I am not posting in a separate thread.

Kim:

I wouldn't put people in a drawing, I would offer them a gift just for booking. The dollar days works well if you have a show coming up that you can display it at. Do a search and just twist it to fit the dates while your son is gone.

Thanks Bee

I had a great show tonight, I got 3 bookings, one for June, July, and August.

Hostess is thrilled she'll get all upcoming specials or at least an option at one of each months!!

I've thought of 2 more people I can call about June's specific specials, so I'm hopeful to get at least 7 shows in, or that's my goal.

I asked my hubby and girls to pray for me tonight, for June especially and when I called on the way home that I'd gotten 3 bookings, and I was thrilled.

Now I've got to pull off a Survivor show and also an Amazing Race show, so I've got to look in the files. If anyone has specific SUMMER recipes for these shows, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lisa

BookingsMy director always says the best place to get bookings is at your shows. It's the perfect time to give the host benefits and reel them in. You don't have to make calls, you don't have to bug anyone after the show if you can just get them to commit at the show!
We went over this tonight at my cluster meeting and even made up a booking binder. I had one but the ideas we added tonight were great! I am very confident. Great job Lisa, keep up the good work!! You'll definitely have your shows before you know it!

Debbie :D

Debbie,
Please share the ideas for the booking binder. I'm always open to learning more.

Lisa

Dollar Days worked for me last June. Knock on wood I don't need it so far this June. I have 6 kitchen and 1 catalog show so far and still have 3 May shows to do. If I get more June great. If not, even better. Well not really but I'm moving the end of June and haven't even packed a thing! :eek: Now I have nothing for July or August and 2 for September so it looks like I'll have plenty of time to UNpack ;)

HOw did you work the $ days in June?? Please let me know or if you've got an example of what you used, that would be great.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa,

I have a BBQ survivor show this month; we're making Citrus-Basil Shrimp Skewers and Sweet and Smokey Chicken skewers.

Depending on the group, you can add a dessert competition too.

Kris

Lisa/ChefBear said:
HOw did you work the $ days in June?? Please let me know or if you've got an example of what you used, that would be great.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa, here's what I used. I'm not the creator, I just took one for June and used it for June then modified it for ALL summer :D since my summer was at first pretty slow. I added the book after the 15th part to add bookings to the last half of the month and put the show minimum at $500 to make the 'gift' worth my while. You can change it to whatever works for you.

Attachments

• June is Dollar Days.doc
    141 KB · Views: 459
Jodi,
Thanks so much, I'm going to have to try this. Should I offer this to hostesses who've already booked??

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Jodi,
Thanks so much, I'm going to have to try this. Should I offer this to hostesses who've already booked??

Lisa

Good question. I've always wanted to do this, but it seems like I always have at least 1 show booked for the month already. I have 4 June shows, but would like 8-10 & don't have any for July or August yet.

Who do you share this with? Do you mention it at your shows? If so, does the current host get upset that she doesn't get it?

1. Why do I only have 5 shows on my calendar for June?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be a slower season for Pampered Chef shows, or it could be that your hostesses have not booked as many shows as usual. It's also possible that there were cancellations or reschedules that have affected your June calendar.

2. What can I do to increase the number of shows on my June calendar?

There are a few things you can try to boost your June calendar. Reach out to past hostesses and see if they are interested in hosting again. You can also offer incentives or discounts to encourage them to book a show. Additionally, try reaching out to potential new hostesses and offering them a fun and easy way to earn free products by hosting a show.

3. Will having only 5 shows in June affect my sales and income?

Having fewer shows on your calendar can potentially affect your sales and income for the month. However, it's important to focus on the quality of your shows rather than the quantity. Make sure to put in extra effort and provide excellent customer service to make the most out of each show. You can also try to book more shows for the following months to make up for any potential loss in income.

4. What should I do if I am unable to book any additional shows for June?

If you are having difficulty booking more shows for June, consider reaching out to other consultants in your team or area and see if they are willing to do a joint show with you. This can help you reach new customers and potentially book more shows for the following months. You can also try to focus on increasing your online sales through social media or your personal website.

5. How can I manage my time and resources effectively with only 5 shows in June?

Having a smaller number of shows on your calendar can actually be a blessing in disguise. Use this time to plan and prepare for your upcoming shows, focus on customer follow-ups, and work on your business development. You can also use this time to attend training and events to improve your skills and knowledge. Just remember to stay motivated and make the most out of every show you do have in June.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DCOX3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DCOX3
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzy Englert