• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Fun Bridal Shower in June!

In summary, Becky is concerned that her last Bridal Shower where she did a demo lost the attention of the guests. She is wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to keep the attention of the guests as well as what to do for the shower to get the guests to purchase items from the demo. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Meigs
Hi Everyone,
So I am doing a Bridal Shower in June (yay) and I have a few concerns that I am hoping you guys can help me with!

I guess this Bride does not like any type of Traditional Shower Games or anything like that. But she LOVES to cook!

My problem with this, is that the last Bridal Shower that I did this month, it was the DEMO that lost everyone's attention. Because of the amount of people that came to the bridal shower, it was so hard to keep the attention of everyone!

So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to keep the attention of the guests. As well as what to do for the demo and shower to get the guests focus on the products to make sure they are purchasing items for them selves also!!

Thanks for all of your help everyone!!

I have the bride do the demo along with me, wearing her new apron that everyone has just signed. I tell everyone it's a cooking lesson for her, and to feel free to chime in with their favorite cooking tips or tips for the products we're using. That's usually a ton of fun for everyone!

I don't play games - I usually try to just do the demo quickly, show everyone how to order for themselves and the bride, and then let them eat and socialize. My last Shower was over $1200, and the one before that was over $1500.

I have the bride do the demo along with me, wearing her new apron that everyone has just signed. I tell everyone it's a cooking lesson for her, and to feel free to chime in with their favorite cooking tips or tips for the products we're using. That's usually a ton of fun for everyone!
Thanks Becky,
Actually, that is what I did at my last show. It totally lost everyone! No one got involved and the Bride got totally annoyed! So I am kinda skeptical about doing that again. It was very intimidating having 30 women staring at me waiting for me to say something funny or keep them entertained. How do you get it to work??

I have no idea if this is really a good idea or not, but at a PC retreat I went to recently we played a game called "stir-crazy" I know you said no games, but this is different. =)

I was having a hard time trying to describe it so I found this description online:
"Stir Crazy is the dinner party game where all you do is invite the guests and buy the ingredients--the players do the rest! Simply divide the 6-12 players into two teams and use the spinner to distribute the ingredients from the enclosed shopping list. Set the timer while the two teams compete to prepare the best appetizer, entree and side dish, without using cookbooks! After a delicious meal, your guests vote to determine the winner in each category. There are no losers in this fun-filled game of spontaneous kitchen competition. You'll get all the rave reviews for a great party... without all the hassle."

So for a shower maybe have two dessert teams that have to "spice up" a cake. The ingredients could be fruit, nuts, cream cheese, sugar, etc.. They would use the PC items to decorate their cake. Or do variations on the cold veggie pizza and have the crescent roll crust layer baked and chilled and then each team would have to top their crust off?

At my PC retreat we had 50 participants and 8 teams all going at once. It was so fun. I can tell you more about how it worked if you think this would be something that may work. =)

Cat, that sounds fun, even if it's not for a wedding shower!! Ok, now to find a host to want to try it out.

Meigs said:
Thanks Becky,
Actually, that is what I did at my last show. It totally lost everyone! No one got involved and the Bride got totally annoyed! So I am kinda skeptical about doing that again. It was very intimidating having 30 women staring at me waiting for me to say something funny or keep them entertained. How do you get it to work??

I don't know, Meigs...I guess it might be a case of what works for one person doesn't for another? I'm rarely intimidated by a crowd of people, so I don't mind being "on stage" or keeping them entertained. :eek:

Cat's idea sounds like a LOT of fun, and would take some of the pressure off from you!

I think the stir crazy game would be awesome for a couples show. Men vs women. Even just as a regular show instead of a bridal show. It's not my idea though, I think it is an actual board game you can buy.

I have the entire bridal party help make the recipe!

I have the bride help with the demo but I have most of the foods already prepared. (example - I only leave 2-3 strawberries for her to core and slice.) I use easy and quick recipes. I never cook anything. I always have the crust prebaked. The crowd can get restless if it goes too long. I focus on the bride and upcoming wedding. I don't usually work too hard on selling items to the guests for themselves but they still buy for themselves. When I talk about the product I ask them what tips they have about the product for the new bride. Of course, they all listen and apply it to themselves and buy for themselves.

Engage the guests in the demo. Go on CCorner and review the different ways of doing an interactive show. Attached are some tried and true shower plans - hopefully something here helps.

Attachments

• 1950s rules.doc
    26 KB · Views: 414
  • bridal ideas answers to 50s.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 562
  • bridal outline.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Bridal shower pamphlet.doc
    50 KB · Views: 793
  • Recipe for Romance.doc
    26 KB · Views: 484
I just had a shower last weekend and the guests all told me how much they loved it. I made the Apple Berry Salsa and Cinn. Chips since their theme was a brunch.
I had the Bride wear a Bride Apron and help me prepare it slightly, during the demo we played the got it love it game with a wrapped present that passed from guest to guest if they shouted out I got that (Tools I used during the demo) and I love it, I would ask that they tell the Bride what they love about it and what they use it for.
The Bride's shower is sitting at $1,000 right now and still orders are coming in.

Thank You Everyone!!! I truly Appreciate everyone's help!!!

during the demo we played the got it love it game with a wrapped present that passed from guest to guest if they shouted out I got that (Tools I used during the demo) and I love it, I would ask that they tell the Bride what they love about it and what they use it for.

Sheryl, can you please tell me more about this game??

Try to have someone constantly taking pictures of the bride and bridesmaids making the recipe. It will create attention.

1. How far in advance should I start planning the bridal shower?

It is recommended to start planning the bridal shower at least 2-3 months in advance. This will give you enough time to secure a venue, send out invitations, and make any necessary arrangements.

2. What are some fun and unique themes for a June bridal shower?

Some popular themes for a June bridal shower include a garden party, a beach or tropical theme, or a tea party. You can also incorporate the bride's interests or hobbies into the theme for a personalized touch.

3. How many guests should I invite to the bridal shower?

The number of guests will depend on the preferences of the bride and the size of the venue. It is usually recommended to invite close family members, the bridal party, and a few close friends for an intimate and enjoyable gathering.

4. What are some fun and interactive activities for a bridal shower in June?

Some fun activities for a June bridal shower include outdoor games like cornhole or croquet, a DIY flower crown station, or a wine tasting. You can also plan a cooking or baking demonstration with Pampered Chef products as a fun and unique activity.

5. What are some gift ideas for a June bridal shower?

Some popular gift ideas for a June bridal shower include kitchen and home essentials, such as cookware, bakeware, and kitchen gadgets. Pampered Chef also offers a wide range of products that make great bridal shower gifts, such as our popular Stoneware Collection or our Quick Cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hindy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kayleigh