• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Parties to Hold (That Are Booked a Few Months Out)

In summary, Tammy Stanley's advice was helpful in booking a party that was scheduled a few weeks out. However, this last party that I did on Tuesday I got three bookings on my calendar, but all in September. They had very legitimate reasons for not booking in June (mother of the bride with a wedding coming up in 3 weeks, another person leaving on holidays in 2 weeks). And I'm taking a break from cooking shows in July and August (sister's wedding and our first baby).
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I've been listening to the latest Tammy Stanley training on getting bookings now (not later), and have found her advice to be very helpful - I did have one party that booked just one week out.
But this last party that I did on Tuesday I got three bookings on my calendar, but all in September. They had very legitimate reasons for not booking in June (mother of the bride with a wedding coming up in 3 weeks, another person leaving on holidays in 2 weeks). And I'm taking a break from cooking shows in July and August (sister's wedding and our first baby).

I loved the tips on another thread (sorry, can't remember who said this!) to say that I need to give you a date on my calendar, otherwise I won't remember to call you - that was perfect, worked well, and was very honest, because with a new baby I'm not sure I would remember in time to get those parties booked!

So - after all that intro... how do you get parties to actually hold when they're booked that far in advance?? So far I've never had any success when booking so far out. They always end up canceling, and after listening to Tammy's training, I can understand why: after so much time has gone by, the excitement of the party has worn off, and this feels like WORK, not fun!

I'd appreciate any tips, as I'd love to get going in September again with a good number of solid parties.

Contact is the biggest thing. Make sure you're touching base with these hosts. Suggest they send out save-the-date emails in July. (Hey, it works for weddings.) Send them mini-catalogs as soon as they're available, emphasizing that they and their guests will be among the first to get those new products.

I had a party last week where I got 3 bookings. 1 for July, but also ones for Oct. & Dec! They were both legit too. (one is going to be out of the country most of the summer, and the other wants her party as a housewarming for the house that is being built right now) I'm planning on doing what Rae suggested - sending them mini's as soon as they are available (I'll probably get some at conference) and this week I am sending out "thanks for booking" postcards, and reminding them to put the date on their calendar. Both are also on my e-newsletter list, so I'll be sending them emails monthly, keeping my name and PC in front of them.

Keep sending them postal mail as well as phone calls. Who doesnt like to recieve a card or note ( more than a postcard) hand addressed to them in this era of voice mail messages and emails. You can set up a tickler file and do all the writing now - address the envleopes and send them out at 3-4 week intervals. I did this last year when I came up against the same thing and it worked marvelously!.;)

It's about keeping in touch. Hostess coach, hostess coach, hostess coach!

So true Scott. (Preaching to myself here!)

I sat with Nancy Jo Ryan at the New Directors' breakfast a few years ago, and she said what she does is have the first host coaching session, IN PERSON, within 48 hours of booking the show, no matter how far out it's booked. This really gets them "on board" with you as a consultant and establishes your partnership together so that she's less likely to cancel.

I had someone book an October show today. She's my stylist, so I'll be in routine contact with her.

have the first host coaching session, IN PERSON, within 48 hours of booking the show, no matter how far out it's booked. This really gets them "on board" with you as a consultant and establishes your partnership together so that she's less likely to cancel.

Wow... that sounds like a great idea, but it seems a little intimidating - how would you present that to your hostess?? I'd have to wrap my head around that one somehow...
I can see talking about a wish list, but a guest list seems so hard to chat about when you've got that much time to go. And would you give a hostess your hostess package that early? I offered one of my September bookings a package, but she just said she'd probably lose it between now and then (I can empathize with that!)

I like the idea of sending out cards, though... (thanks for booking, and looking forward to your show).

I give my hosts who have booked distant future parties a catalog. I email them their password. I encourage them to send save-the-date emails to their friends. I send their host kit 5 or 6 weeks before their show.

1. How do I ensure that my booked parties will actually hold?

To increase the chances of your parties holding, it's important to have clear communication with your host and follow up regularly. Send them a reminder email or text a few days before the party, and provide them with resources to help them invite their guests. You can also offer incentives for the host, such as free products or discounts, to motivate them to follow through with their party.

2. What should I do if my booked party is not attracting enough guests?

If you find that your booked party is not getting enough guests, try reaching out to the host to come up with a plan to increase attendance. This can include creating a Facebook event, sending out personal invitations, or offering a theme or special promotion for the party. You can also offer to do a virtual party instead of an in-person one if that is more convenient for the host and guests.

3. How do I handle a party cancellation?

In the event of a party cancellation, it's important to handle the situation with grace and understanding. Reach out to the host and offer to reschedule the party for a later date or to do a virtual party instead. If the host is unable to reschedule, offer to do a catalog party or provide them with resources to host a successful party on their own. Remember to always be professional and maintain a positive attitude, as this could lead to future bookings.

4. What can I do to make my parties more successful and appealing to guests?

To make your parties more successful, consider offering a theme or special promotion to attract more guests. You can also provide interactive and engaging demonstrations, as well as offer free samples or prizes to create a fun and exciting atmosphere. Make sure to also have a variety of products on display for guests to see and purchase.

5. How can I encourage guests to book parties of their own?

One effective way to encourage guests to book their own parties is to offer them a host special or discount for booking during the party. You can also provide them with information on the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. Additionally, make sure to mention that hosting a party is a great way to spend time with friends and family while trying out new products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sperts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • camiesu