• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!

In summary, Bobbi is feeling extremely nervous about her first live cooking show. She has prepared extensively, but is still worried about her performance. She feels grateful for the supportive hosts she has spoken to and is looking forward to her show tonight.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok....I'm feeling serious butterflies tonight as I'm prepping for my first live cooking show since September! (And that was my VERY first show as a consultant!) I've only been doing individual and catalog orders to stay afloat the last 9 months.I've listened to hours of training MP3s/CDs and the DVDs (watching Cooking Shows in Action now), so I know my stuff....but I'm still so nervous! I know I will flub my words and look like an idiot! I know that my motto will seriously be "I'm PAMPERED not PERFECT!". I really want this one to work though- it's in my own town and I'd love to get "in" my town loop. (It's on Thursday.)

Take deep breaths and try not to make too big a deal of it. You'll do great, you sound very prepared so just try to have fun! That will shine through!

Sit back and enjoy. They'll have fun (how can they not? It's Pampered Chef!). Let us know how it goes.

So I just did my first full-fledged Host Coaching Call. My host for this week was impossible to get ahold of on the phone! :grumpy: So most of her 'coaching' was done on the phone or voicemail...which might be why I am so nervous- I don't know what to expect!

But as I was making dinner tonight with my son, I realized...I know these products! I've been using them for 10 years or more, plus as much as I can the last 9 months (all the new stuff I'd never seen before signing up).
And then I just got off the phone with my next host, and she was all excited, she has 30+ names on her invite list and has more to add, and SHE GETS IT! SHe's letting me do what I want and doing what I ask...:sing: So I hope that pays off...But all to say- it's giving me renewed energy even for THIS week's show. Even if it flops (which I doubt), I know what's coming will get better.

Now I'm going to call a friend who wants to book a show so I can get her date set! Yeah!! *she's a nurse...LOVE nurses!*

So THIS show I originally posted about flopped on my twice (reschedule/cancel)...she's my 'dead-beat host'.But I have a REAL show tonight. and the host just called to tell me she has 18 confirmed attending! WHOA! This is my first show since September (which WAS my very first). Plus, she said she had several people who said they can't come but want to order some things tomorrow at church.YIKES!! I'm prepared, but just hoping I can keep my tongue working correctly! :DBy the way, I sent the invites (with mini-cats which I won't be able to do again till August :( ), and I made 40 reminder calls yesterday. She had 12 who were coming as of last night, but then it jumped to the 18- so I'm guessing 6 more people because I made the reminder calls!!! Just goes to show....!:D

Good luck, Bobbi! Sounds to me like you've done a great job with host coaching and follow through. Let us know how it goes.

*sigh*...Well, not quite what I thought it might be- there were 9 guests there...not 18. And the show hasn't even had enough to qualify as a show!! Fortunately, I know she has several folks who say they want to order stuff and will catch her at church tomorrow. She's also going to call those who didn't come (or see them tomorrow). She has a relative coming back home from a trip on Tuesday and has an order.....so it should at least qualify, just not a big sales. I told my DH it was a combination of things based on what I overheard- some had either lost jobs or were 'hanging on' (1 is a recruit lead), and the biggie I think was that they all seem to be on the "home party circuit"...so are spreading their spending.

Good thing was I got two bookings on my calendar, and the 1 recruit lead. And they were very nice people. I did come home having every piece of paper, my clothes, my hair, and even my laptop smelling like cigarette smoke (when you don't smoke, you notice everything). I did get a little freaked out....about half-way through the show (which went OK for my 'unofficial' First show :)), I had all my stuff on the counter, etc....when I see a baby-cockroach crawl across the counter. YIKES! :eek:

So I came home and have washed EVERYTHING...and hope I didn't bring any home unseen. :D I lived in a house as a kid with those things...and they are NOT easy to get rid of.

So now I'm just looking forward and will continue to encourage her to get her outside orders this week and hope for the best! Who knows, my next show could be $1000! :D

Hang in there, my huge shows are always the one's I have given up on. LOL

HUGE EWWWW!!! about the cockroach - those things give me the willies!

What is the purpose of a "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!"?

The purpose of a "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!" is to introduce new and returning Pampered Chef customers to our products and recipes, as well as provide a fun and interactive cooking experience.

How long does a "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!" typically last?

A "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!" typically lasts about 2-3 hours, depending on the number of attendees and the complexity of the recipes being prepared.

Do I need to purchase any products during the "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!"?

No, there is no obligation to purchase any products during the "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!" However, if you do decide to make a purchase, our consultants will be available to assist you.

What type of recipes will be demonstrated during the "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!"?

The recipes demonstrated during the "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!" will vary, but they will typically feature our most popular and versatile products, as well as new and seasonal recipes.

Is there a cost to attend the "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!"?

No, there is no cost to attend the "First Cooking Show in 9 Months! Yikes!" However, please make sure to RSVP so we can properly prepare for your attendance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PattieChef21
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • AshleyAllison