• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsuccessful Catalog Show - What Do I Do?!

In summary, the host is struggling to reach the $150 in sales for her catalog show, despite extending the deadline and suggesting new people for her to ask. The consultant is considering combining her show with an outside order to reach the goal and earn the host benefits for herself. There is also the option for the host to place her own "guest" order to reach the $150, but it would not be at a discounted price. The consultant is also reminded to keep track of her sales in her first 90 days to potentially earn conference registration with her PC dollars.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I have a catalog show going on and it's supposed to close today and she's only had 2 orders with $79 in sales. I've suggested lots of different people for her to branch out and ask and that's how she even got 2 orders! I'm extending the show til Monday and encouraging her to ask all her neighbors, but what happens if she never makes the $150 in sales? I know I can't have the show open forever, and she is my 4th show in my first 30 days (she said she wanted to be) so I don't want to extend it past next Tuesday (Wednesday is my 30th day). I don't have any individual orders so I can't add them to her show or anything. Have you ever had a show where the host doesn't make it even to the first level?! What did you do?

Do you have another open show that you can add her to as a co-host so she can get host benefits?

I would call everyone I know for orders to get to the $150 -- then put yourself in as the host and add these $79 in orders to that show---

Ditto gaddischef. I had to do that last week for a catty host. I just combined it with an outside order and got the host special myself. I am having to do it again this week too. I need to find about $50 in orders this weekend. If I am the one getting the orders together, I am getting the host special.

If she or you can't get the orders, $$wise it would be worth it for you to make the extra up in an order, b/c you will $100PC dollars for 4 shows and if it puts you over the $1250 it is another $100 since youare still in your 1st 30 days, but that is totally your call!

is the host planning on ordering? that could make up some of the difference too.

Yeah, she is planning on ordering. I'm considering having her order in her husband's or daugher's name to reach the $150 then she'd at least get something free. She has til tomorrow so we'll see! She knew to work over the weekend, maybe seeing some more family & friends for Easter got her some more customers!

If I order to reach the $150, are you suggesting that I use the free products and just order hers as a discount? Or create a new show with me as the host and not give her anything as a host? If I reach my 4 show & $1250 goal then I get $200PC dollars which would be more than what I'm spending to make it a $150 show right?

The host can also just place her own "guest" order--if it's for herself, it doesn't have to be in someone else's name. It's okay for her name to be listed as a guest as well. It just means that she has to pay $4.25 for S&H and those items aren't at a discount (when she qualifies for one due to show level).

mrshamel3808 said:
Yeah, she is planning on ordering. I'm considering having her order in her husband's or daugher's name to reach the $150 then she'd at least get something free. She has til tomorrow so we'll see! She knew to work over the weekend, maybe seeing some more family & friends for Easter got her some more customers!

If I order to reach the $150, are you suggesting that I use the free products and just order hers as a discount? Or create a new show with me as the host and not give her anything as a host? If I reach my 4 show & $1250 goal then I get $200PC dollars which would be more than what I'm spending to make it a $150 show right?

Yes, I would keep the free and give her the discount.
With the second question YES!! You might have to spend a little to get to the $150 (which might not be that much if she is placing an order as well) but then you get the $200 in PC dollars, that could be Conference registration!!

It seems that you are right on top of things, but be very aware of your sales in your first 90 days, you don't want to miss out on the PC dollars by a few bucks in sales!

mrshamel3808 said:

You don't get any free product with a $150 Catalog Show...sorry.

ChefBeckyD said:

Yeah, I noticed that.

I didn't know you could put her as a guest as well! I'll do that for sure! Thanks for the help guys!

So i seem to be having the same dilemma....she only has $80 in orders. If I find someone to sell $70 of product, who gets the host "benefit"? It's a catalog show....sigh

Do you have any individual orders that you can add to it? It comes out better for both because the individual gets the cheaper shipping and it gets the catalog host a boost in sales. I gave my original catalog host the host benefits because I had just a few individual orders added, not another person go collect orders. My director gave me a great idea. She said to send out an e-mail to all my contacts saying that if anyone placed a $20+ order by XXXX (date) they would get a free gift valued at $5! So I just would add a mini-serving spatula or something like that to the person's order and it not only adds to the sales but I make commission on it so it in the long run it's worth it. I had 2 orders come in from that and then I had to spend about $25 on my own but I had a past host discount and since I made commission on it it came out to way less.

mrshamel3808 said:
send out an e-mail to all my contacts saying that if anyone placed a $20+ order by XXXX (date) they would get a free gift valued at $5! So I just would add a mini-serving spatula or something like that to the person's order and it not only adds to the sales but I make commission on it so it in the long run it's worth it. I had 2 orders come in from that and then I had to spend about $25 on my own but I had a past host discount and since I made commission on it it came out to way less.

Great Idea! Many thanks! I have an open house on Thursday....anothe HWC show hopefully to submit on Tuesday, so I have really no individual orders....I may have to "sweeten the pot". I hate the idea though because I don't want to have my customers play the wait and see approach in the future.

I'd tell you to put it as a cooking show because you surely cooked at some point ... but then I would have somebody yelling at me for breaking the rules. So I won't.

1. What should I do if my catalog show is not successful?

If your catalog show is not successful, the first thing you should do is reach out to your host and ask for their feedback. They may have some insight into why the show was not a success and you can use this information to improve your future shows. Additionally, you can try offering incentives or promotions to encourage more sales and bookings.

2. Is it normal for a catalog show to not be successful?

Yes, it is completely normal for a catalog show to not be as successful as you had hoped. There are a variety of factors that can contribute to this, such as timing, your host's network, or even outside factors like current events. The key is to not get discouraged and to keep trying new strategies.

3. Should I cancel the show if it is not successful?

Cancelling the show should be a last resort. Instead, try to work with your host to come up with new ideas to boost sales and bookings. You can also try reaching out to your own network and offering incentives for orders placed through the catalog show. Cancelling the show may not only disappoint your host, but it can also damage your reputation as a consultant.

4. How can I make the most of an unsuccessful catalog show?

Even if your catalog show is not as successful as you had hoped, there are still ways to make the most of it. Use this as an opportunity to gather feedback from your host and guests on what they liked and didn't like about the show. This can help you improve for future shows. Additionally, make sure to follow up with all guests and offer personalized recommendations based on their interests and needs.

5. Is there anything I can do to prevent an unsuccessful catalog show?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent an unsuccessful catalog show, there are some steps you can take to increase your chances of success. This includes setting clear expectations with your host, offering incentives for bookings and sales, and promoting the show through various channels. It's also important to have a strong online presence and be responsive to any inquiries or orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
Replies