• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Catalogs Do You Give Out for Catalog Shows?

In summary, a new consultant is still in their first 30 days and is working on their 4th catalog show. They suggest giving out fewer catalogs and encouraging using E-vites just as if it was a regular cooking show. However, if all the shows have that much success then what's to worry about... right?
ChefKevin
I am a new consultant still in my first 30 days and am working on my 4th catalog show. My first catalog show I gave out 15 catalogs, but did close out a show of $1892 with 18 guests. This is great and made up for the 15 catalogs, but if I keep giving out this many catalogs or more I will quickly run through them. If all the shows have that much success then what's to worry about... right?

How many catalogs do you give out for your catalog shows? Do you include order forms with each of them? Some people want 20 - 30 catalogs and usually tell them lets start with 10, give the cust. a deadline take the catalog back and pass it to someone else. Anybody else do this?

Thanks for your feedback.

I only give 3-4 catalog with 10 orders forms. I encourage them to use the evites...so I get alot of orders that way. Keep doing what you're doing...$1800 Catalog Show is AWESOME...way to go!!!

I only give 3-4 catalogs also, and am starting to encourage using E-vites just as if it was a regular cooking show. But maybe I'll start putting a few EXTRA catalogs, or maybe figure out a way to incorporate using Mini-catalogs with a label on the back encouraging the person to go online to view the whole catalog.I'd say you are getting such great catalog show sales numbers BECAUSE you are giving so many catalogs! But if you think about it- what you are doing makes sense! People can flip through a catalog very quickly and make out their list and their order! *hmmmm!* A $400+ commission for $17 worth of catalogs??? I think it's worth it! See how your sales continue when you give out that many catalogs, and just roll with it.

I'm with the rest - I'd gladly give out 15 catalogs for that type of return...but I'm also very new and haven't hosted any shows!

Holy smokes batman! What's your secret to getting so many catalog shows?

i have done 3 catalog shows and have given out about 4 catalogs each and usually 10 order forms and tell them to make more copies if need be. now i haven't had a catalog show reach $1800 but if i did i would gladly give out more! but really i can't see giving one host that many catalogs...most people are going to throw them away any way. i hate to say that, but i get catalogs all the time wheter it be a 'home decorator' party, beauty party or something and throw the catalog away if they say i can keep it. however it is the end of the season with these caddys so i am being much more generous with my caddys these past few weeks. but like they say do what works for you and not the other person! so if it works for you to do that then i'd say go for it! and if you keep having $1800 caddy shows i may start that too :)

Melissa78 said:
Holy smokes batman! What's your secret to getting so many catalog shows?

All I have done is let EVERYONE I know and people I run into that I am now doing Pampered Chef. These people approached me about ordering products and when I asked them to do a cooking show they said they would think about (the blow off) So, I have just replied... Well, let's do this then... let me just give you some catalogs you pass them around, get some orders and if we get atleast $150 in guest orders we will turn it into a show and you will start getting discounts and free stuff. How does that sound?

This has been a non-threatning approach and it is easy to get people to agree to simply pass out a few catalogs and take orders with no pressure. I am getting goods sales and results, but haven't been able to get any bookings yet off of the catalog shows... I will work on this part of it.

Thanks for the feed back.

Let me see if I have this right, for an investment of less than $7 your return (at a conservative 20%) was $378.40. I would say you got a good return on your investment!!! I usually give them 4-5 catalogs and 15 order forms and tell them to let me know if they need more. Don't forget about your supply booster order (we still do that don't we?) way to get off to a good start!

I do 5 catalogs & 10 order forms.

Thanks again for all your feedback, I may cut down a little on the catalogs. I have not focused on the Evites... but will try that some also.

Thanks

I only give 4 catalogs out for a catalog show and 3 for a kitchen show. If they want more than that I tell them to ask me. It sounds like these are your personal catalog shows that you are collecting orders on? If so then handing out catalogs to individual people would be okay but just for some random catalog host I wouldn't count on giving so many catalogs and getting such a great return all the time.

wadesgirl said:
I only give 4 catalogs out for a catalog show and 3 for a kitchen show. If they want more than that I tell them to ask me. It sounds like these are your personal catalog shows that you are collecting orders on? If so then handing out catalogs to individual people would be okay but just for some random catalog host I wouldn't count on giving so many catalogs and getting such a great return all the time.

No these are actual catalog hosts. I had a lady from church do one, someone I met at a Resturant do one, A friend do one, and now a out of town host I met on facebook is the one up to $878. Had a show for $1892, $680, $1054 and the 4th catalog show is up to $878 with 6 days left.

I count on getting a great return on every show I do.... gotta have those expectations. Even if I don't... I will expect to on the next.

I have started (in May) putting one catalog in sheet protectors in a 1/2" clear-view binder. I put the current Guest Special in the front cover. I then put the Host Letter, the Host Special, and 2 extra catalogs in the front left pocket. I put an extra sheet protector in and put in the DYLAB flyer for the Host to encourage bookings from her Show. I have a great group of ladies at a local factory who do one each month for me. They let everyone look at the "binder" catalog in the front office but have a catalog or two out in the factory/breakroom. Their shows are $800+ with 2 of them out of 4 going over $1,000! One of the ladies said each month, people ask, "Who is the host? What is the Guest Special? When do you need the money?" They post all the orders on my website, collect all the money, then I go pick up everything! You can't beat it!

ChefKevin said:
No these are actual catalog hosts. I had a lady from church do one, someone I met at a Resturant do one, A friend do one, and now a out of town host I met on facebook is the one up to $878. Had a show for $1892, $680, $1054 and the 4th catalog show is up to $878 with 6 days left.

I count on getting a great return on every show I do.... gotta have those expectations. Even if I don't... I will expect to on the next.

Oops I misread your post about it. Good for you though having great luck with your catalog shows!

Wadesgirl.... thanks. I am trying to get cooking shows to come to me as easily as the catalog shows are. It will happen... just gotta keep working at it.

1. How many catalogs do I need for a catalog show?

The number of catalogs needed for a catalog show can vary depending on the size of your guest list. However, we recommend having at least 10-15 catalogs on hand for a successful show.

2. Do I need to give a catalog to each guest?

It is not necessary to give a catalog to each guest, but it can be helpful for them to follow along with the products being presented. You can also provide one catalog for every couple or household.

3. Can I give out digital catalogs instead of physical ones?

Yes, you can give out digital catalogs instead of physical ones. We offer a digital version of our catalog that can be easily shared with your guests through email or social media.

4. How can I request more catalogs if I run out?

If you run out of catalogs, you can easily request more from your Pampered Chef consultant or through our website. We are happy to provide you with additional catalogs to ensure your show is a success.

5. Is there a cost for the catalogs?

There is no cost for our catalogs. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will receive a certain number of catalogs for free each season. Additional catalogs can be purchased at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mjbroncobabe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • iteachncook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • ashwee310