• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do catalog shows work with host and guest specials?

In summary, - If the show is in April and May, the guest special is the peeler.- If the show is in May, the guest special is the HWC products.
DebinCincy
I have someone who wants to do a catalog show but she wants to keep it open for a few weeks. So, how does the guest special work if the show is in April and May? Which guest special do they get if they place a $60 order?

Thanks!

Also, I guess I should ask about the hostess special. Can she choose between the April and May special?
Is there anywhere these rules are spelled out for catalog shows? I searched but couldn't find anything.

If she does an April catalog show the guests and host get the April specials and it MUST be submitted by May 15th. If it runs past May 15th it has to be a May show and the host and guests will get the May specials.

As far as specials go, the regs are the same for cooking and catalog shows.

I would let her pick which host special she wants to work with - either April or May - and then that is the guest special you use for the show as well. Just remember that if she chooses April it has to be submitted by May 15th in order for her to take advantage of those specials.

If she likes May, you can put May 1 - May ____ as the dates and she can still collect orders on the show in April as long as you have it built in your system & on your web page. ;) They don't have to wait until the "start date" to shop online & start purchasing.

but then do those who shop in April and spend $60 get the peeler or the HWC products?

If she decides to do it as an April show they get the peeler and if she decides on May they get the HWC products.

DebinCincy said:
but then do those who shop in April and spend $60 get the peeler or the HWC products?

No, for shows, you cannot mix and match specials.

The "date" of the show is the "date" of the show. Even if it is a catty show.

If you know right now that the show will absolutely close AFTER May 15th, then it will need to be a May show. May host special and guest specials. If it is a May show, the Mother's Day sets will not be available, but the Father's Day specials will be.

If the host wants the April host special, then you need to make sure to inform her that the show MUST close by May 15th. If you are holding an April show, then it is April host & guest specials. Also, even if you take an order on May 2nd, it is still technically an April show, the Father's Day specials are not available. (But the Mother's Day sets are).

When thinking about a show, don't get tied up in when the orders are taken, but think about it in terms of the month. So, if she picks April, think of it as an "APRIL" show, then you can focus only on those items that are available in April. You have until the 15th of the next month to close a show.

Also, be sure to read the fine print on the bottom of the flyers. This will help clarify order deadlines and conditions for the specials.

Good luck!

Typically, I host coach to close the month in the same month that way it counts toward the rewards for that month. If someone is definitely going to close after the end of the month, I *try* to work the show as the next month. I won't fight them on it if they are adament in the current month. Our NED actually has taught us to hold the next month's special the last week of the month. That way you are not stressed to get it in.

amyscookinggear said:
Typically, I host coach to close the month in the same month that way it counts toward the rewards for that month. If someone is definitely going to close after the end of the month, I *try* to work the show as the next month. I won't fight them on it if they are adament in the current month. Our NED actually has taught us to hold the next month's special the last week of the month. That way you are not stressed to get it in.

Yes, I agree! And it is nice not to be stressed near that mid-month deadline.

The only time I run into issues with catty shows as the OP describes - running between the 2 months - is if I get a catty booking off a show for the same month. If I have a mid to late month cooking show and someone at that show REALLY wants the current host special, then I am OK with them starting a late month catty show. Though, I try to steer them toward no later than the 10th as a closing date, that way I have a few days leeway for getting checks, etc.

For me, the hosts have been pretty specific about wanting a specific month's special - and once we have a month, we go from there for timing & guest specials.

1. How do I host a catalog show?

To host a catalog show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting. They will provide you with a catalog and order forms to share with friends and family. You can also host a virtual catalog show through our online platform.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show. You can also earn exclusive host rewards and access to special promotions and discounts.

3. How long does a catalog show last?

A catalog show typically lasts for two weeks, but can be extended if needed. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your show.

4. Can I earn rewards for hosting multiple catalog shows?

Yes, you can host multiple catalog shows and earn rewards for each one. Your consultant can provide you with more information on our host rewards program.

5. Can I invite friends and family who live outside of my area to participate in my catalog show?

Yes, you can invite anyone to participate in your catalog show, regardless of their location. Your consultant can provide you with digital catalogs and order forms to share with those who are not local to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • heidabear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heidabear
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies