• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Want to Guess the Discontinued Products?

In summary, the author guesses that the following products will be discontinued: Drink Charms, Linens/Placemats, Napkin Rings, Scoop Clip, Stainless Cleaner, Rectangle Stone (not that he wants it to go), Woven Baskets, Striped Towels, Creative Cutters, Window Pane Linens, Stainless Cleaner, Easy Clean Kitchen Brush, Gravy Separator (??), Baster & Cleaning Brush, Pinch Bowls, Cutting Board with Measure Cups, Coating Trays and Tool, Pie Gate.
chefsteph07 said:
Hey Carolyn, how do you sell so many of the stemware?

I know! I know! She hangs out with a bunch of winos. :angel: LOL!

raebates said:
I know! I know! She hangs out with a bunch of winos. :angel: LOL!

LOL - thanks for my first "Laugh Out Loud and Spew My Coffee" moment of the morning!:D

I can not imagine the All The Best cookbook leaving. This is the ONLY cookbook I own that I think I would cry if I lost it. It has stains all through it from so much use and I have sold so many more of this cookbook than any other. (besides Season's Bests).

I also sell ALOT of the corn cob nobs and corn butterers and the can strainers. The Drainer is another of my favorites, I love that thing. I also really love the Stainless Cleaner, although my bottle is leaking all over the cupboard and we had to put it in a plastic dish to keep the cupboard clean.

The dots can go. I don't sell them. Everyone loves them and thinks they are cute, but no one buys them. I LOVE the cranberry and sell alot of the cranberry items.

I agree that the outdoor items need to be in different colors and that the cranberry scrapers need to be white. (I am glad it isn't just me who thinks they always look dirty).

pampered.chris said:
I can not imagine the All The Best cookbook leaving. This is the ONLY cookbook I own that I think I would cry if I lost it. It has stains all through it from so much use and I have sold so many more of this cookbook than any other. (besides Season's Bests).

I also sell ALOT of the corn cob nobs and corn butterers and the can strainers. The Drainer is another of my favorites, I love that thing. I also really love the Stainless Cleaner, although my bottle is leaking all over the cupboard and we had to put it in a plastic dish to keep the cupboard clean.

The dots can go. I don't sell them. Everyone loves them and thinks they are cute, but no one buys them. I LOVE the cranberry and sell alot of the cranberry items.

I agree that the outdoor items need to be in different colors and that the cranberry scrapers need to be white. (I am glad it isn't just me who thinks they always look dirty).

The corn cob nobs, and corn butterer, and the can strainer...those are products that are no-brainers. You don't have to show them or talk about them, and you will still sell them. I've never taken them to shows, but I sell lots of them. So, I can't imagine they will be discontinued. They are items that people who can't spend a lot of money like to buy, so they can get something unique that they can use. I will often have orders for ONLY corn cob nobs and a butterer or two.

And Chris - my All The Best looks alot like yours! Mine got to be so bad, that I ended up buying a second one for shows!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - thanks for my first "Laugh Out Loud and Spew My Coffee" moment of the morning!:D

My pleasure. :D

I haven't sold a single set of the drink charms.

I use my Easy Clean Brush all the time. I have one that is used only on my stones. I sell one with almost all of my stones. Its a great cross seller because so many people are scared to clean their stones. I tell them I turn my water as hot as it'll go and use my Easy Clean Brush. It has a long handle so you won't scald your hand but your pan still gets nice and clean. Works everytime. :)

I didn't say that I thought the CCNs and Corn Butterer would be discontinued, I just said I wouldn't be crushed if they were. We've seen, over the past several years, that there's been a shift in the product line from cheesy, plastic gadgets to well-constructed, investment-quality tools. If that trend continues, I fully expect the last several all-plastic items to be redesigned or eliminated within the next couple of years, especially if there are equivalents available on the open market.That said, I fully agree with Becky that some of the items I listed in that previous post are the type of useful things that even cash-strapped guests can purchase with confidence.

The CCNs are one of my favorite products for one reason--people don't read the instructions. If I don't have a particularly vocal group* I'll talk about the CCNs. I mention that you put them in before cooking and that you can use them in boiling water, in a steamer, in the microwave, or on the grill. Inevitably someone will say, "I've had those for a long time and never knew that." Of course, that gives me the perfect opening to remind everyone that they should READ the guide that comes with their products.*My shows are very interactive. Even so, I occasionally run into a crowd where people just kind of sit and watch me.

Mystik said:
A spin-off from the guess the new products thread. :D

I was flipping through the catalog today trying to guess what's going to be discontinued. And I couldn't find too many items.

My guesses are:

the outdoor tumblers
Drink Charms

Those are the only two items I could find. http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/sally/lol.gif

I have sold a ton of the outdoor tumblers and I love:love::love:mine.
Funny thing is I have sold quite a few drink charms too.
There is quite a bit of stuff I haven't sold that I think is useless, but someone else may think otherwise.:p

raebates said:
The CCNs are one of my favorite products for one reason--people don't read the instructions. If I don't have a particularly vocal group* I'll talk about the CCNs. I mention that you put them in before cooking and that you can use them in boiling water, in a steamer, in the microwave, or on the grill. Inevitably someone will say, "I've had those for a long time and never knew that." Of course, that gives me the perfect opening to remind everyone that they should READ the guide that comes with their products.

*My shows are very interactive. Even so, I occasionally run into a crowd where people just kind of sit and watch me.

I completely melted mine using them on the grill...couldn't even eat the corn, because there was green melty stuff on them.:eek:

So - I learned two lessons.

1. The CCN's aren't Idiot-proof
2. Not to recommend they be used on the grill - just in case I'm not the only idiot!

I am a little concerned to sell the outdoor tumblers. utensils and serving pieces - they contain BPA.The oven mitts are too big!Please don't discontinue the woven baskets -love them and I want one that fits the large and small bar pans! And the Floral cupcake pan is one of my top ten! But reading this has sold me on the brush - now I want one.

it's so funny reading this thread....one person's discard is another person's best seller or personal favorite. here's my short list:
- drink charms
- nylon tools
- rectangular stone

Becky, I will never, ever believe you're an idiot. A bad griller? Maybe. Idiot? No way. ;)I always clarify my CCN instructions this way:Now, you can use them on the grill if you grill properly--with a medium-hot grill. If you have flames shooting up through the grates your CCNs will melt.I have lots of customers who use them on the grill and love them.

chefsteph07 said:
Hey Carolyn, how do you sell so many of the stemware?

I don't know - I guess my customers are big drinkers? LOL
I serve with them at home any time we entertain (which is not all that often)...I have given a set or two as gifts and they've been a huge hit lading to more sales...I am thinking I may start bringing ONE to each show and letting the hostess drink from it.

I agree with many here and then disagree :)

Discontinue:
-drink charms (hate them won't even bring them to shows- couldn't sell my set discounted)
-Wove selections (love them but think our bamboo items will take their place)
-beaded serving (need a overhaul that is dishwasher safe)
-reversible bamboo cheese board
-V-shaped cutter
-scoop clip (dumb without coffee or tea line)
-Rectangular Baker (unglazed one)
-Pizza Crust and Roll Mix (if we don't use it in our own recipes..)

I would love to see the honing knives go (I sell the green ones), the measuring cup board (takes up too much room and the darned rubber tabs wear out and aren't available for replacement) and the colander and bowl set (it is too cheap now). I don't see these happening but I can wish.

I would love to see the pinch bowls include measurements, a lid for the salad spinner and the scrapers in white instead of cranberry (hate the dirty thing too). Oh- and a decrease in price of the chip and dip bowl (I call it the man bowl).

I too think the cranberry scrapers are horrible! Even when I clean and dry them they just look yucky. Drink Charms were a disaster from the get go. Remember they had to redesign them once because no one could tell them apart! They are probably the second dumbest thing I have ever seen in my mife. OOps no third! The First was that stupid pink mini measuring cup for HWC last year! The second was the finger guard! I mean really! I would rather cut off my fingers than try to make that thing stay put on my fingers while using it! I have cut off bits and pieces of it every time I have used. And I have NOT lost any part of my fingers when not using it! It is more of a hindrence than a help! And I think the flat stone may go away as well. Not to be replaced or restyled but to allow us to puch more bar pans. It does the same things so...

pampered1224 said:
I too think the cranberry scrapers are horrible! Even when I clean and dry them they just look yucky. Drink Charms were a disaster from the get go. Remember they had to redesign them once because no one could tell them apart! They are probably the second dumbest thing I have ever seen in my mife. OOps no third! The First was that stupid pink mini measuring cup for HWC last year! The second was the finger guard! I mean really! I would rather cut off my fingers than try to make that thing stay put on my fingers while using it! I have cut off bits and pieces of it every time I have used. And I have NOT lost any part of my fingers when not using it! It is more of a hindrence than a help! And I think the flat stone may go away as well. Not to be replaced or restyled but to allow us to puch more bar pans. It does the same things so...

Don't forget about the rubber gloves from HWC last year...ugh....

chefsteph07 said:
Don't forget about the rubber gloves from HWC last year...ugh....

One of my cluster-mates sold oodles of those gloves to her girlfriends who get manicures. Especially because they were so cute (compared to the plain ones, although you can find very similar ones at Tuesday Morning/Marshall's/HomeGoods).

pampered1224 said:
I too think the cranberry scrapers are horrible! Even when I clean and dry them they just look yucky.

I've stopped carrying them because they always look so awful! :yuck:

What about the Outdoor Party Sticks? I think I have sold 1 set since they came out. Everyone looks at them and says they are a cool idea but don't want to spend that much $$. I wouldn't miss them and I don't think my customers would notice they were gone.

Once again, I've sold several of the supposedly stupid and worthless products. Regional differences account for a lot of the variances.

pampered1224 said:
I sell a ton of cranberry scrapers! My favorite from last year was the mini pink cup. I have them all in my flour, sugar, etc containers to scoop with. I do agree with the finger guard, I'm such a klutz that I would hurt myself trying to use it!

I want to say "BYE BYE" to these items I have never sold:

BBQ Skewer Set
Outdoor Party Sticks
Bamboo Prep Towels
Cut-N-Seal
Salad & Berry Spinner
Adjustable Measuring Spoons (Easy Adjustable ones are better)
Gravy Separator
Stainless Steamer
Square Baking Pan (unless they make it dishwasher safe)
Beer Bread and Pizza Crust mixes

When the party sticks first came out last year I sold a lot of them, but since then I haven't sold any :(

Can't do away with the cut n seal LOL I sell tons of them and my MIL boasts to all her friends and they end up getting them. That is her second favorite next to the classic mix n scraper LOL

Again, I sold a lot of the spinners when they were new but not now. Now I find most people find it to big and a major storage issue even with the handle being down LOL It's just to large.

I sell a ton of the stemware. I didn't at first until I took them to shows just for show. In fact my party the other day I sold 8 of them LOL Along with the wine opener and the pourer/stopper

I was not a fan of the colander/bowl set until I got one. I did not realize (and it doesn't state it in the catalogue) the bowls have a silicone on the base, so they don't slide when using them.

I have never sold any of the outdoor plates/tumblers/utensils.

What I would love to see leave.......
Needless to say the outdoor pates/tumblers/utensils
The carafe (another item I have yet to sell LOL)
like a lot have said the coffee scoop clip
the striped linens
the nylon tools sets
Its good for you cookbook (to many retired products mentioned for use and inaccurate directions, says to cook items in cookware on high for example)

And like everyone else has said a new and improved fundraising program.

Fluffy215 said:
And like everyone else has said a new and improved fundraising program.

AMEN! That really needs to be updated!

DessertDivaFL said:
I want to say "BYE BYE" to these items I have never sold:

BBQ Skewer Set
Outdoor Party Sticks
Bamboo Prep Towels
Cut-N-Seal
Salad & Berry Spinner
Gravy Separator
Stainless Steamer
Square Baking Pan (unless they make it dishwasher safe)
Beer Bread and Pizza Crust mixes

With the exception of the Salad spinner I sell at least one of each of the items you mentioned at each show. I guess it depends on where you live and how regular your guests are at shows. I would really hate to see any of them retired.

DessertDivaFL said:

Beth1170 said:
With the exception of the Salad spinner I sell at least one of each of the items you mentioned at each show. I guess it depends on where you live and how regular your guests are at shows. I would really hate to see any of them retired.

I agree that popular items vary based on location, etc. Personally, I don't like the Easy Adjustable Spoon. It's not accurate enough, especially with small amounts. The EACup is fine, but the spoon is just weird (and doesn't fit into jars to scoop out seasonings). I much prefer the Adjustable Measuring Spoons instead.

I think maybe the Outdoor stuff will be redesigned to be BPA free.

Fluffy215 said:
Again, I sold a lot of the spinners when they were new but not now. Now I find most people find it to big and a major storage issue even with the handle being down LOL It's just to large.

I love our salad spinner and sell a fair amount of them. One of it's major selling points for me IS it's size. Ours is the only one I've found that is actually large enough to spin all our salad at the same time.

Because of its cost, I'm very deliberate in how I promote it. I joke with the guests that my husband calls it 'the porsche'...because of how fast it goes and because of it's cost. Then I tell them why I think it's worth the investment (I run thru all the features and benefits). I end with the comment that because it is larger than others on the market, I find we're eating salads more (less hassle than spinning a 'couple lettuce loads.') I reach for mine almost every day.

chefann said:
I agree with the above that the rectangle stone will probably be redesigned to include handles sometime soon.

We already sell one...the Bar Pan......:)

erinyourpclady said:
We already sell one...the Bar Pan......:)
Except that a bar pan shouldn't be used for all flat-stone applications. Technically, cookies should be baked on a pan without sides so that the air circulates evenly. And for pizzas, it's easier to use a pan without sides so that you can cut all the way to the edge with a wheel.

chefann said:
Except that a bar pan shouldn't be used for all flat-stone applications. Technically, cookies should be baked on a pan without sides so that the air circulates evenly. And for pizzas, it's easier to use a pan without sides so that you can cut all the way to the edge with a wheel.

Your right.....I would be VERY upset to lose the rectangle. But then again....things have changed so much over the course of the 61/2 years I have been with the company anyway.

Fluffy215 said:
definitely the linens, the coating trays (or get a better tool to use with it), BBQ basting bottle, egg separator, scoop clip, mini whipper, Nylon tool set (I know many of you like them but I am definitely a chef's tool kinda gal LOL), spoon rest (maybe redesigned to hold two), Loaf pan (had several returned because they broke in half), Parchment paper (You can get this in the grocery store much cheaper), the oven mitts (way to large even for my huge hands and after washing and shrinking they are still to much to handle), and like everyone else a new fundraising program.

Not the egg separator or mini whipper - I use them all the time!

<h2>1. What are some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef include the outdoor tumblers and drink charms.</p><h2>2. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?</h2><p>It is difficult to say for sure, but some customers have also speculated that certain kitchen gadgets and seasonal items may be discontinued.</p><h2>3. How can I find out which products are being discontinued?</h2><p>Pampered Chef typically announces discontinued products in their catalogs and on their website. You can also check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information.</p><h2>4. Can I still purchase discontinued products?</h2><p>Once a product has been discontinued, it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may still be able to find it through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.</p><h2>5. Will there be new products to replace the discontinued ones?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef is constantly updating and refreshing their product line, so there will likely be new products to replace any discontinued ones. Keep an eye out for new releases in their catalogs and on their website.</p>

1. What are some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef?

Some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef include the outdoor tumblers and drink charms.

2. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?

It is difficult to say for sure, but some customers have also speculated that certain kitchen gadgets and seasonal items may be discontinued.

3. How can I find out which products are being discontinued?

Pampered Chef typically announces discontinued products in their catalogs and on their website. You can also check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information.

4. Can I still purchase discontinued products?

Once a product has been discontinued, it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may still be able to find it through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.

5. Will there be new products to replace the discontinued ones?

Yes, Pampered Chef is constantly updating and refreshing their product line, so there will likely be new products to replace any discontinued ones. Keep an eye out for new releases in their catalogs and on their website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips