1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Anyone want to guess - new F/W products

1. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Anyone want to take a guess what the new products will be for the 2009 Fall/Winter season?

I am hoping for more sauces, toaster-size bamboo tongs, additional blades for the mandoline (waffle cut and french fry cut) and a different pattern for Simple Additions.

May 19, 2009
  2. Oh I wish I knew! I would love to have the Chillzanne back but I'm sure they only do NEW

3. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Cookbook stand would be nice. A good sturdy one!
    Sauces and Rubs
    Different pattern for SA and updated stands
    Cherry pitter

Hmm, of course I have all these ideas but now I can't think of any of them! LOL.

May 19, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

This is just a guess, but I was wondering because Cookware is the August special, if that will mean more new cookware or possibly more open stock pieces? It seems like for the last 2-3 years, whatever the August special has been (knives recently), in July, they add more new items to the list for hosts only...

Myself, I can't think what else, other than I would like more sauces now too, and I'd like to have the Good Company Coffee back!

Oh - and lids for SA serving pieces.

I'd like to see more Seasonal pieces too - like the Christmas plates last year. I'd love to have an SA Seasonal piece, to go with my Pumpkin and Heart pieces. :)

May 19, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

They've tried the Cherry/Olive pitter a couple different times, and it's been discontinued both times.

May 19, 2009
  6. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

A set of two 2-cup "prep" bowls. I love mine, but sometimes wish I had a bigger one for leftovers :).

A bigger grating size barrel for the grater!

I know I have others, but that's a start!

May 19, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

Ohhh, yes! That would be wonderful! Even if it was only a set of 2 or 4. I would most definitely buy them!

May 19, 2009
  8. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I'm thinking a double boiler since we finally got the steamer basket back.

maybe:
    new SA pieces in solid colors - I really don't think the dots will go away just yet but I bet they start to introduce someting else to go with them.

I wish the pot holders and mitts were smaller

DCB cookbook

More Bamboo - bamboo placemats are really popular right now. I bought some at Pier One that I adore.

10" lid in open stock (both SS and Exec)

More of the Stoneware available in White (DDB, Pie Plate, Square Baker)

Another piece of Silicone Bakeware...what shape??

More Gift Sets

Of Course we will get the new RUFTH trivet too

May 19, 2009
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

A customer of mine suggested a cheese cuber. It would basically be a squared Apple Wedger with a grid pattern. I think that's a great idea.

As for what they'll actually come out with--except for a new SBRC and new RUFTH Trivet, I can't imagine. I'm sure I'll love them, though. :) (Yes, I sent the suggestion to the HO.)

May 19, 2009
  10. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

A DCB cookbook I think is a MUST now! That would be awesome.
    Bring the coffee/tea back!
    how about a 9x13 aluminum pan for lasagna, cakes etc?

May 19, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

Hmmm, that does seem like the next logical piece, doesn't it?

May 19, 2009
  12. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm definitely with Liquid Sky on wanting a cookbook stand. It would be very nice to have one!

May 19, 2009
  13. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I think Becky's on to something with her theory about the cookware. And there are a few pieces for hosts that are not currently open stock. Maybe.... ;)

Things I keep asking/wishing for:
    SS teakettle
    spice rack that matches the SA stands and holds our seasonings
    SA creamer and sugar bowl
    SA gravy boat (and holiday turkey roasting season would be the perfect time!)

Other things that would be cool:
    seasonal SA piece, like the pumpkin and heart. Snowflake, maybe?
    more sauces. I'd love a savory one with horseradish in it, to serve with beef or sausage. Or even as an appetizer on cream cheese.
    tea - something wintery. Not as heavily seasoned as real chai, but along those lines.
    same for coffee
    winter appetizer plates. Like the trees last year, but snowflakes. Something non-holiday.
    fall appetizer plates with fall leaves on them
    bamboo placemats would be really cool, or bamboo charger plates
    a turkey roast rub, with all the herbs and things necessary. It would be a great cross-sell (or gift) with the roasting pan!
    more salt-free seasonings, and a "general purpose" seasoning (I had several people ask for a "good on everything, like Mrs. Dash" item at the last couple of vendor shows I worked)

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on.

May 19, 2009
  14. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I sent an email to the Test Kitchen a couple months ago and told them that I hoped they were busy little bees up there working on a DBC cookbook - the guy that emailed me back said ...."now Linda - you know I can't tell you what we are working on, but that would be a great idea, wouldn't it" so.....hmmmmm....me thinks we might see one in the near future :)

15. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Oooh that would be soooo cool!

16. ChefBeckyD

We want a lot of the same things - only you described them better! I would LOVE a Snowflake SA piece, and also Fall & Winter Appetizer plates!

Anything Bamboo! I cannot believe how well the bamboo is selling at full price. I knew it would be a great host item, but people are buying it at all of my shows!

May 19, 2009
  17. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

I am also hoping for a New Fundraiser program

18. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

YES!!! That would be sooooo nice!

May 19, 2009
  19. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Don't hold your breath--we've been asking for that for a ton of years. It's not a priority with them. My sales manager told me several times.

May 19, 2009
  20. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have always wanted a nice cookbook stand, one that matches the SA holders would be great. More bamboo, everyone is loving it!

May 19, 2009
  21. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I would like a lid for the Salad Spinner and a lid for the SA large round platter to cover a cake for transport and protect leftovers. A rack for the seasonings would be great.

May 19, 2009
  22. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

DEFINITELY need something for the SA platters and such for transport- or make a basket that fits them with a lid. I love taking PC recipes to dinners/special events, but can't put them on my pretty SA! They just don't fit into anything.

I would love a DCB cookbook (would go great for the DCB Sets talked about in other threads). I'd also love to see more figure-friendly recipes come out of the Test Kitchen! Another "It's good for you" cookbook or something.

Can't think of anything else right now.

May 19, 2009
  23. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I think HO really needs to give Ann her SA teapot, and cream and sugar set that she has been asking for!!!

I would love to see some more SA and Bamboo. I also like the idea of new seasonal plates.

May 19, 2009
  24. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I also want a good strainer, collapsible. The ones we have are not worth anything in my opinion.

May 19, 2009
  25. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Ummm I would like to see something "cute" to keep my fresh garlic in. I think it would be great to have a SB with a shopping list in the front! And as always would love to see more bamboo items.

May 19, 2009
  26. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

I recently emailed HO about coming up with a collapsible plate cover for the microwave.
    I would also like to see the food holder for the Ultimate Mandoline be redesigned to be round or square instead of oval. Very hard to cut bigger things such as peppers, onions, blocks of cheese, etc.
    I like the DCB cookbook idea!!

May 19, 2009
  27. DessertDivaFL

You guys are great with your ideas.

I think it would be great to have a cookbook stand and a rack for the seasonings made from BAMBOO!

Also love the idea about the food holder for the UM being round instead of oval, Janet.

Larger collapsible strainer would be great too.

My husband said he would buy the SA plates, bowls, etc if they had a vine or leaf pattern on them. That would look nice with all the bamboo pieces.

28. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Cake carrier (or, as others suggested, at least a cover to fit over an SA piece) is at the top of my list!

Also agree with SA in non-dots pattern (I won't buy the whole set because that many dots on the table would make me dizzy).

Stoneware rack, but this time in bamboo. I was able to get one of the old ones, and it works great (though, I need at least one more!), but it's not at all attractive. Bamboo would be pretty.

Someone to come to my house and organize my workspace! Ok, maybe that's asking too much.:sing:

29. ChefBeckyD

LOL - that was funny, Sarah! :D:D:D

I'd certainly love it if PC could pull it off, though!

May 20, 2009
  30. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Would be a great incentive, though, wouldn't it? Much better than the 'professionally printed booking slide.'

31. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I love the idea of a cookbook stand and spice rack out of bamboo!!! More sauces would be nice too...especially with a chipotle kick.

I'd also like to see individual stoneware pie plates. I have some from when the Henn company was still around. They aren't an every day item, but they are always a huge huge huge hit with family and friends every time I use them.

A DCB cookbook would absolutely rock.

May 20, 2009
  32. DessertDivaFL

Yes, more sauces. Chipotle would be good and so would something with horseradish like another person suggested.

33. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

It is amazing how they come up with new and/or improved product. In glancing at the catalog, so much has changed in just the 3 1/2 years I have been selling. The one item that jumps out is the Egg Slicer. This has not been changed in a while. It would be nice if some type of container could be incorporated with it (egg slicer sits on container), so when you slice the items go into the container and the container could have a lid for storage. I love and wish for a cookbook stand. We may also see additional white stoneware, a TTA style unit for our spices, a 9x13 baking pan.

May 20, 2009
  34. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Wow....your ideas are all thoughtful and necessary! So glad you take the time to send them to HO...I bet that is how all the great new products come about....so keep it up! If HO listens to you all, then it looks like I better hit my June sales goal because I am going to need all of them! :D

35. ChefBeckyD

Except it's the things we've requested 2-3 years ago that will show up this year....

But yes, HO does listen to us and to our customers. At National Conference, there is a "dream table" that is a big table covered with paper, and we can write all over on it the products that we would like to see! They WANT us to send in suggestions from the field! For instance, The Pineapple Wedger! That is something that people have been asking for for several years...and TADA! We have it and it's a smash hit!

May 20, 2009
  36. rbvernon

rbvernon Member Silver Member

I would love to see the cookbook stand and DCB cookbook. B/c I have to email people recipes everytime they order one. I would be a great seller!!!

May 20, 2009
  37. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

PC is one fabulous company! I totally understand the wait time....designing, working out the bugs and marketing does take time....looks like a PC lifer....too many great items coming up! lol

38. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

How about a SA seasonal (or not) cookie jar? or even a collectible cookie tin?! (great hostess gift too!)
    I've also emailed HO about a new design for the egg slicer, but never heard anything back... (similar to the salad choppers in that it's handheld, but has several blades (like the Quikut blades in size) instead of wires that can break.
    I really like the idea of the spice rack and cookbook stand/holder!!!

May 20, 2009
  39. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I've had several requests for larger batter bowls and submitted that. I do think that might be big and heavy though, not sure if it would be desired by many.

May 20, 2009
  40. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

I've emailed them in the past for that SA large round platter cover mentioned. I make a lot of cakes with the torte pans, and they are just a wee bit too big to fit in my tupperware cake carrier.

May 20, 2009
Have something to add?