• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Top Products Fans Want Discontinued - Share Your Thoughts!

In summary, people want to see the following products discontinued: the ice cream sandwich maker, the striped SA, the medium square with cranberry accents, the hold n slice, the creative cutters set, the grilling planks, the cake testers, the serving utensils, and the parchment paper.
Here is my list, This is what I think should go
Cheese knife
Oil dipping Set
Herb Keeper,
Juicer - The citrus press works so much better
Grilling Planks
Tile Paper napkins
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Desert Plates
Cake Stencil

chefpattie said:
Here is my list, This is what I think should go
Cheese knife
Oil dipping Set
Herb Keeper,
Juicer - The citrus press works so much better
Grilling Planks
Tile Paper napkins
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Desert Plates
Cake Stencil

It works better only if you are using smaller sized citrus.....but for alot of oranges, or a grapefruit - it's too small!

I wonder if they will make a bigger spoon rest to hold the new kitchen utensils? I have never sold the grilling planks and I live in California! They are too expensive to be disposible. I agree with the oil dipping set (never sold one), and the coffee scoop. Do people still make their own coffee? :)
I've never sold a mini-whipper either, but have given them away at my HWC shows. I wouldn't miss the funnels either.
Did they used to have a lid for the Stoneware rectangular Baker? How do you transport it in the insulated tote without one? Tin foil?

Ellen Hill
--Wave One!!! First Time!!!

Just a side note... Parchment paper is really hard to find and I would have a couple of heartbroken customers if PC discontinued theirs. I never even used it till I started making the two-step fudge in the small bar pan.

I've never thought parchment paper was hard to find in stores... it's with the saran wrap, etc, usually....

I sell it to only a very few people. And I buy it myself. I love the stuff!!!!

I am ROFL at your comment about people making their own coffee! Of *course* people still make their own coffee ;) I couldn't afford to buy my coffee out with how much I drink. I drink a pot of coffee everyday. Yes, I know it's not good for me....... lol

LESS than a month.... we'll find out soon enough....

Teresa Lynn said:
spoon rest have you noticed you can replace the wire part but not the saucer (haven't looked lately but it hasn't been offered on replacement parts and I haven't broken the steel part)
The reason the stand is a replacement is that when they first came out it didn't have the bar across the back to help hold the spoon and when they enhanced it they made it a replacement. They did the change in the middle of a season. I wish they would take the stand off and add the bowl but that's logical.

Christ Follower said:
Did they used to have a lid for the Stoneware rectangular Baker? How do you transport it in the insulated tote without one? Tin foil?

Yes they did....and it is stupid that the d/c it! I would have thought a redesign if anything... I am so happy to say that I have one and use it all the time! So much nicer than tin foil! They actually messed up and the last catty had a photo of the baker with lid in the tote....after the lid was d/c! I had some customers asking about it....

Mystik said:
. I also think the hold an slice can go and not be missed by too many.

?
No No No!
My husband would have a cow if they discontinued that!
:)
\I thought it was dumb....I can use a fork or hold it myself thank you. But then one day my husband saw it in the catalog and said, get me one.
I laughed at him but I did order it on supply.
Well, that is the handiest little thing ever!
Most impotantly you can get the nicest thinest cuts of steak!
Now, I love it!
So please shush...it's a keeper!
just my .02

DebbieJ said:
they should totally get rid of the wine bottle opener. That thing sucks.

Actually I have found that the wine bottle opener is just like the can opener.
The directions are not that fantastic so you need someone to show you how to use it.
I love mine and it is the easiest thing I have ever used to open a bottle of wine!

I want the juicer to stay...does anyone remember the Cool Lime Napoleons? Great summer recipe...and you NEED to measure the lime juice so it would not be good to just juice the lime into this recipe. I forgot to measure when I became flustered at a party...there was so much lime juice in the recipe, the tasted like Aqua Velva!!! YUK!!

I think they may re-design or discontinue the colander/bowl set. There are still the square pattern from years ago and now that we have the stainless steel bowls and the colanders in the Salad/Berry Spinner...just some thoughts.

I like the Hold n' Slice too...I love slicing hot chicken for a recipe and holding it with the H&S!

Koolotus said:
Actually I have found that the wine bottle opener is just like the can opener.
The directions are not that fantastic so you need someone to show you how to use it.
I love mine and it is the easiest thing I have ever used to open a bottle of wine!

I can open a bottle with a waiter's corkscrew in about 5 seconds. Ours is just too much work for me.

I think discontinuing the lids for the deep covered baker and the rectangular baker was a mistake. I bought the deep covered lid back in the fall and love it. I actually line it up the opposite was from what it says and it seals up more tightly. When I did get the rectangular baker and wanted to take goodies to family members that I wanted to win over to PC--I just couldn't stand the look of foil or plastic wrap and frankly our PC product didn't look very functional that way. I finally broke down and bought one off of ebay--I think about $30 with all expenses. BRING IT BACK PLEASE !!!

Kathytnt said:
Has ANYONE sold any gilling planks? Great idea if they were not disposable. Who wants to drop $20 buck on disposable stuff

Perhaps a roasting plank that is reusable -Is there such a thing

I haven't sold any of our grilling planks...I don't really talk about them...I use "other" planks that are thicker. I don't feel ours are as nice:( Oh well!
If you've never used one I suggest doing salmon with fresh rosemary and lemon slices! Very good, and a wonderful smoked flavor!

chefjwr said:
I think discontinuing the lids for the deep covered baker and the rectangular baker was a mistake.

They were not up to PC standards. I personally don't find them that functional. Hopefully they bring out a new and improved version at Conference.

Oh my gosh I hope we don't discontinue my colander and bowls (I have 6 sets they are my favorites) I always have them dirty!!!

soccermama said:
They are not useless, actually, we use them all the time!!!

They're great for dipping sauces with stir fry, california rolls, etc....

And tonight I even used them to portion out the bacon ranch dip for the kids

Let's see..... also great for small toppings with dinner.... I have put sliced green onion in them to have for sprinkling on salads.....

Seriously! I do use them nearly every day.... along with all the other SA. I have no other dishes in my kitchen. The deal I made was that once I had 4 place settings of SA, I would get rid of all my other dishes,..... LOL Just gotta love the SA! ALL OF IT! I need to get the black triangles!!!! I wish I had gotten them while they were available on their own....:rolleyes:

I'm with you on that! My kids love to dip everything! I cut waffles into strips and put the syrup in the petite squares, ketchup for fries, chicken, burger bites...we love them!

I love the colander and bowl set. I use the SA pieces for plates during the holidays. They are really pretty on the table. A lot of times I use the Large Square to serve the family dinner on. It holds your roast and all of your vegetables and doesn't take up the whole table. I think we will get more pieces that are round.

Here is my inputHere are the products I think the HO should get rid of

Outdoor plate set
outdoor utensil set
Tile paper napkins
Dessert plates
oil dipping set
All the stripped SA products (think they are ugly)
Obviously all the colored products will change to the new colors of the season
Drainer (hate this product, sorry for all those that love it, I just think its a waste since I would prefer to use my colander)
The Nylon Tool Sets
Adjustable measuring spoons
Egg Slicer ( could be redesigned, hard to clean and the wires bend easily)
Ice Cream Sandwich maker
Creative Cutters Set (maybe come out with other shapes for it)

Thats my list.
Sarah

Am I the only one that likes the old nylon tools better than the new Cooks Utensils? I find the new ones to be too big and unwieldy for me.......I MUCH prefer the old ones, and those are the ones I recommend to people all the time.

Becky, yet another reason why I *heart* you. I prefer the Nylon Tools, too!

DebbieJ said:
Becky, yet another reason why I *heart* you. I prefer the Nylon Tools, too!

That's right! You are my long lost sister!

<h2>1. What are the top products that fans want to be discontinued?</h2><p>Many fans have expressed their desire for the avocado scraper, kitchen brush, and hold and slice to be discontinued. They feel that these products are not used frequently and can be replaced with more versatile options.</p><h2>2. Why do people want these specific products to be discontinued?</h2><p>The avocado scraper is often seen as unnecessary since most people already have a knife or spoon to remove the flesh of an avocado. The kitchen brush is also not deemed essential as it can be replaced with a regular dish brush. The hold and slice, while a convenient tool, is not used often enough to justify taking up space in the kitchen.</p><h2>3. Are there any other products that fans want to be discontinued?</h2><p>Some fans have also suggested that the manual food processor and garlic press could be discontinued. However, these tools have a dedicated fan base and are still considered useful by many customers.</p><h2>4. Will Pampered Chef actually discontinue these products?</h2><p>The decision to discontinue a product ultimately depends on its sales and popularity. While fans may express their desire for certain products to be discontinued, it is ultimately up to the company to decide if it is financially feasible to do so.</p><h2>5. What should customers do if they want a product to be discontinued?</h2><p>Customers can provide feedback directly to Pampered Chef through their website or by contacting their customer service team. They can also share their thoughts on social media or through product reviews. Ultimately, the best way to influence a company's decision is to vote with your wallet and not purchase the product if you feel it should be discontinued.</p>

1. What are the top products that fans want to be discontinued?

Many fans have expressed their desire for the avocado scraper, kitchen brush, and hold and slice to be discontinued. They feel that these products are not used frequently and can be replaced with more versatile options.

2. Why do people want these specific products to be discontinued?

The avocado scraper is often seen as unnecessary since most people already have a knife or spoon to remove the flesh of an avocado. The kitchen brush is also not deemed essential as it can be replaced with a regular dish brush. The hold and slice, while a convenient tool, is not used often enough to justify taking up space in the kitchen.

3. Are there any other products that fans want to be discontinued?

Some fans have also suggested that the manual food processor and garlic press could be discontinued. However, these tools have a dedicated fan base and are still considered useful by many customers.

4. Will Pampered Chef actually discontinue these products?

The decision to discontinue a product ultimately depends on its sales and popularity. While fans may express their desire for certain products to be discontinued, it is ultimately up to the company to decide if it is financially feasible to do so.

5. What should customers do if they want a product to be discontinued?

Customers can provide feedback directly to Pampered Chef through their website or by contacting their customer service team. They can also share their thoughts on social media or through product reviews. Ultimately, the best way to influence a company's decision is to vote with your wallet and not purchase the product if you feel it should be discontinued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
esavvymom