• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?

In summary, Lindsay earned $300 on football squares from the Super Bowl and plans to spend half of it on a show. She recommends getting the cheesecake pan and the coating trays and tool, getting more dots plates, and giving away spices, gadgets, and other gifts as show prizes.
ChefMary412
I won $300 on football squares from the superbowl... only fitting that I spend it on PC right? :p
So, I just got a catalog show cancelled that was supposed to close tomorrow. I already threw together another show that just made it to $150 by calling and checking in with others that I know.
So, I think I am going to put half of my winnings into a show. What are some recommendations? I have about 4 list of possible combinations.. I def. want to get another bar pan and round stone.
What would you get?

Did you compare costs of just buying the HWC items vs. paying full price (minus commission) on products to get it to count as a show? You could get other things you want in April w/ your Kit enhancement.But, if you go for it, this is what I'd do...I'd look through the new cookbooks (SB and desserts) and see what products they call for. Is there anything you don't have that would make doing those recipes easier?I know I want to get the cheesecake pan and the coating trays and tool (I know some people don't like them, but I'm thinking they might be nice to have for dipping cookie balls in chocolate using that tool. I want to get more dots plates. We are slowly accumulating a collection. But those are just what I personally am wanting recently. :DWhat are you contemplating? Maybe we can help talk you into or out of some things. :D ;)

If we are able to buy is it just in May?
Well, I did the calculations. I am only going to be spending $20 more now to get them. But, for 2 reasons it makes sense... 1- I actually have extra money now and 2- I want to use the martini glasses in March for my aunt's birthday, as she is a breast cancer survivor and loves fancy stemware.:love:

I was looking through recipes that I was planning on doing through the spring, so I can make it most effective. I had one list with the 3 level stand and med. white plates.. but that was just for me, so I nixed it!:cry:

I think I def. want.
1. digital thermometer
2. large round stone
3. 2-cup prep bowls
4. kitchen spritzer

Those sound like great things to get. Oh, what about the new products? Did you earn any or buy some at the 50% off yet? You could get the Adj. Tiered Tower at 50% off now. Oh decisions, decisions. :D

I'd try to get some stuff you can give away as gifts at shows: spices, gadgets...things like that. Stuff that's not too expensive so you can buy a few of them.

amanda- I do not think I can get those products yet, as they don't officially come out until March.. that helps a little bit.. less to choose from!:D

Lindsay- good idea. Might as well be able to put it right back into my business..

ChefMary412 said:
amanda- I do not think I can get those products yet, as they don't officially come out until March.. that helps a little bit.. less to choose from!:D

Lindsay- good idea. Might as well be able to put it right back into my business..

You can buy the new products NOW at 50% off....that's only good until I think 2 weeks into the new season. It's on CC- go to the Samples/Supplies section under Managing Your Business. Select Samples and then "Order". That's where you can select your packages and open-stock items. They have one BIG package, or they break the package into smaller chunks (if you earned stuff and don't want to buy it or only want to buy some). I think ALL of the products purchased cost about $215 shipped (I bought all of it...only earned 1).

esavvymom said:
You can buy the new products NOW at 50% off....that's only good until I think 2 weeks into the new season. It's on CC- go to the Samples/Supplies section under Managing Your Business. Select Samples and then "Order". That's where you can select your packages and open-stock items. They have one BIG package, or they break the package into smaller chunks (if you earned stuff and don't want to buy it or only want to buy some). I think ALL of the products purchased cost about $215 shipped (I bought all of it...only earned 1).

But, I think it would not count as a show right? My hope was to earn the HWC products.

ChefMary412 said:
But, I think it would not count as a show right? My hope was to earn the HWC products.

Oh.. No. It wouldn't. Gotcha.

Do you need any gadgets/tools for your kit?

When I have a show, and I'm using the free & half off product, I always try to think of the things that I seem to always think "Wow, I wish I had a 2nd one of this...." - usually because I've always had to be hauling mine out of the dishwasher or wash it by hand in order to take it with me.

Some of those things are:

DCB
Bar Pan
Mix n Chop
Citrus Press
Prep Bowls (both sizes)
ERMC
SS Bowls
Food Chopper
All scrapers
Forged Utility & 5" Santoku knives
Cutting Boards

you know... a DCB would be smart.. as I use mine at least 3 times a week. I could not live with out it now.

Just a note on the coating trays, a fellow consultant told me they fit perfectly under the mandoline to catch the food you are slicing and dicing!

Alriht.. I think I decided...
-DCB-- white this time. (does it stain on the outside?)
- 2 cup prep bowls
-wine opener (my gift to me, as my not PC one broke)
- large round stone
-large bar pan
- more salt
- garlic peppercorn rub
-mini server (mine was lost)
-kitchen spritzer
-digital thermometer
-beer batter bread mix (never had it and wanted to try)Now this is the plan today.. I will wait until Monday night, just in case I get a surprise show.

If you don't already have $$ for Conference, I would put it towards that -- you will get more out of that than ANY other product you could buy!

I had a show cancel on me for the first week of Feb so that meant I only had 1 show before the 15th. I just submitted a show for myself that was all stoneware. I only bought 1 duplicate that I can resell later but basically I took advantage of the 20% discount to stock up. Honestly, that's the cheapest you'll ever get them unless you host another show yourself and use a higher discount (but the prices are going up so even using FPV later on will technically cost you more).

Related to Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?

What is "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?"

"Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?" is a popular game played during football season where participants buy squares on a grid and have the chance to win a prize based on the final score of a football game.

How do I play "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?"

To play, you will need to purchase a square or multiple squares on the grid. Once all the squares are sold, numbers will be randomly assigned to each row and column. These numbers represent the last digit of the score of each team at the end of each quarter. If your square matches the last digit of the final score, you win!

What can I win by playing "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?"

The prize for winning "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?" is determined by the organizer of the game. It can be anything from cash to a gift card or a product from the Pampered Chef catalog.

Is "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?" only for football fans?

No, "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?" can be played by anyone regardless of their interest in football. It's a fun and exciting game that anyone can participate in and potentially win a prize.

Can I host a "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?" game party?

Absolutely! "Winning Big On Football Squares: What Would You Buy?" can be a great addition to any football viewing party. Pampered Chef has a variety of products that can help make hosting a game party a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sfdavis918
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • pcgogetter