• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whirlwind of Excitement at Conference: Winning Big and Fulfilling Dreams!

This will make the trip easier for her and the person who won was excited for her. They finished the conference, shipped their minis, and got in line for the money machine. The person in front of the speaker didn't get a number but they gave her one when they went inside the room. They drew the "her" bus first and she didn't win. Then they drew the orange bus and the person who was hoping to win thought it was number 38 but it was actually number 8. They announced that they would get to go in the money machine and had to grab a "golden
janetupnorth said:
No matter what you've picked, I believe they send you most the catalog anyway. Enjoy!

That wasn't true when I won. I just got what I grabbed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just what you grab ... they MAY throw some other things in there, though. I didn't think they'd let me take the slips on the door since the time had stopped, but they made sure to tell me to get those. I don't think they would have done it if they gave you stuff you didn't grab.

that's great!!!

Congratulations!! I am SO happy for you!! Have fun opening all your boxes!!:)

I hope you Wave 2 and 3 cheffers win too ... there are like 3 tours and how many buses, so you can all win! Let's compare notes on "boxing day!"

Ohmygoodness ... here is my new dilemma ....I got on consultant's corner and saw that a "personal order" was picking. I called the solution center, and the rep was able to tell me that I have 5 boxes that should arrive on Thursday.So I quickly organized a "Christmas in July" un-boxing day celebration on Friday. I figured if the boxes didn't show up until after I left for work Thursday afternoon, I could keep myself busy baking cookies, wrapping "gifts" and sweeping my floor.She was being conservative.There are SIX BOXES (some of which are mysteriously light) headed to my house TOMORROW. They should get there while I am at work. The kicker? I tracked my surprise boxes and they, too, are on track to be delivered on Wednesday. How am I gonna know which is which until I open them. I don't want to say, "Look, they gave me ... oh, this is my box of discontinued products!" And there are things in there that I NEED for this little shindig, and possibly for gifts.I think I can do process of elimination with the tracking numbers ... but waiting TWO DAYS to open these boxes is gonna be HARD!

On the shipment page, if you can distinguish which boxes are for the surprise boxes and which are from your "shopping spree", there will be numbers on the boxes that identify which ones they are. It's on the label and it's called "package ID" and it seems to start with consultant number. Then you might be able to figure out which is which.

Good luck!! ANd have fun! WHat a great idea!

The "surprise boxes" (ones I paid for at conference) are not on consultant's corner ... they gave me a little sticker with a tracking number for those.The other six have numbers posted on the web site.I'll have plenty of time to stare at them REALLY HARD! And distract myself by digging up ornaments or ribbon to put on the Ficus .... and of course, calling potential guests!I owe everything to Janet ... Well, everything but my six boxes ...

That's great! So it sounds like with the tracking numbers, you can probably look up the package IDs with FedEx and you should be able to distinguish which ones are which. Wow, it truly WILL be like Christmas at your house!!

There should be more than 6 boxes for your shopping spree. I had 17!

Maybe I just didn't grab as many papers as you ... I was REALLY distracted by that elusive golden ticket ... there were only 4 seconds to go when I got it.I am hoping the really light boxes (6 pounds ... 3 of the boxes are that weight!) contain cutlery ...

My win was before they did the booth. They actually had shelves with all the products in a section of the warehouse, and we got to run through and grab actual product. They showed the footage of me in the video montage on Day 3, and someone behind me in the theater commented that "They sped the film up for that one." I turned around and told her that, no, they didn't. I was actually grabbing things that fast. :rolleyes: I should find my pic of the day the boxes arrived.

You DEFINITELY should. What did you get?I'm glad they didn't do it that way this time ... I can't run that fast!

chefann said:
My win was before they did the booth. They actually had shelves with all the products in a section of the warehouse, and we got to run through and grab actual product. They showed the footage of me in the video montage on Day 3, and someone behind me in the theater commented that "They sped the film up for that one." I turned around and told her that, no, they didn't. I was actually grabbing things that fast. :rolleyes:

I should find my pic of the day the boxes arrived.

I think you got more when they did it that way.

On stage, the person (I forget who) who did the Serve It Up drawings for the whirlwind shopping spree was shown on a video doing it. I could tell by how she was grabbing at papers that it wasn't nearly as much as I've seen from people who ran the product gauntlet. It was only 30 seconds too.

Last year, they had video at our wave (1) of someone who grabbed a few slips and then held out her apron when the fan stopped, so she caught all the slips that were in midair as they fell. :)I had $2700 worth of products, and they were delivered the morning I got home. So when Mom and I pulled in the driveway (she picked me up at the train station), the whole side porch was covered in boxes. That was back when we had Gen II and Professional cookware, and I got a bunch of each.
I tried uploading the pic to my Photobucket account, but I couldn't remember my password so I have to try again later.

Got it!
BoxesVertical.jpg

How neat! You look FABULOUS!Holding out your apron? Wish I'd thought of that in the 3 seconds I had left after grabbing the cookware ticket!My surprise boxes arrived today after all ... so I get to open them tonight and round up some people to call ...and have that out of the way when my boxes come. For random fun, i totaled up the weight and they weigh 86 pounds all together. I'm thinking the smaller ones might be items packaged individually, like the cookware and three tiered stands are ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
The "surprise boxes" (ones I paid for at conference) are not on consultant's corner ... they gave me a little sticker with a tracking number for those.

The other six have numbers posted on the web site.

I'll have plenty of time to stare at them REALLY HARD! And distract myself by digging up ornaments or ribbon to put on the Ficus .... and of course, calling potential guests!

I owe everything to Janet ... Well, everything but my six boxes ...

????

To answer which are which at your house if no one told you, match the tracking # on the labels to your receipt...or just look at the labels. Those with a straight edge were shipped from HO, those with an indentation were shipped from conference...

I owe everything to Janet ... Well, everything but my six boxes ...

That was referring to all the people who said it was a good idea ... it was, but it wasn't mine. I just took your brilliance and ran with it!

My packages "departed a fedex location" in OHIO less than an hour ago ...

chefann said:

SWEET, I didn't realize you won one of those sprees! Very cool!

I'm still rooting for the Cheffers in the other waves ....:angel:

I was just told by my roomate that SEVEN boxes arrived (when Consultant's Corner said SIX) and that some of them say what they are. The other day, a rep at the solution center said FIVE boxes. Somebody can't count, and my money is on the roomate. :confused:

My roomate has already said I shouldn't open them until the Friday thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't come home to find the "labeled" boxes wrapped in gift wrap.:(

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'm still rooting for the Cheffers in the other waves ....:angel:

I was just told by my roomate that SEVEN boxes arrived (when Consultant's Corner said SIX) and that some of them say what they are. The other day, a rep at the solution center said FIVE boxes. Somebody can't count, and my money is on the roomate. :confused:

My roomate has already said I shouldn't open them until the Friday thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't come home to find the "labeled" boxes wrapped in gift wrap.:(

LOL - you are so funny....:D

Well ... so far I know ....

That four of my six boxes contain cookware of some sort ... I have the grill pan, the square griddle, the stir fry skillet AND the 7-pc. stainless set! (I already have the family skillet, paid for mostly with my PC dollars.)

Unbelievable how generous our company is! That is $790 in cookware alone!

I have two other, large boxes. I do not know what is in the other two.

My roomate, who does not think I should open the other two, will surely "out" me to the handful of guests who may show up Friday night. After Roomie goes to bed, I plan to carefully open "box 1," extract the packing list, and re-seal.

I have to be prepared to go on and on and on about the products, after all ...:angel:

On a serious note ... I do not think I'm going to open the griddle and maybe not the stir fry skillet. I cannot see myself using them at shows, and I have no idea where I'd put it. These are things that would make very nice wedding gifts ...

Here is the picture from when all of my stuff came:

Attachments

• I won!.jpg
    I won!.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 426
pampchefrhondab said:
Here is the picture from when all of my stuff came:

That is just insane!

What did you do with all of that stuff???

ChefBeckyD said:
That is just insane!

What did you do with all of that stuff???

Well, at first most of it sat on top of the pop-up trailer you see next to me:)!

I gave some of it away to hosts, some of it I kept for myself (all the Exec. Cookware). I've given some as wedding gifts. Some of it is still in boxes in my garage and attic! I still have a lot of Prof. Cookware. I have 3 kids so I figure when the first one moves out they will have cookware!

That is insane! What else did you get besides cookware??

I don't think I'm going to open anything other than the stainless set (which will go into immediate use) and maybe the grill pan for now ...

I know they packed that thing with cookware so we could show it off and encourage fall bookings (because people often book to get it as a half price item, and fall is a big selling season)... honestly, though, I would have purchased other things than skillets. I had plenty before this ... THAT SAID ... I am very grateful! I am single ... and nobody is going to buy me quality cookware any time soon!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I got so much stuff! My daughter and I wrote down all the product numbers. I then put them in as an order in PP and it was almost $5,000 worth of stuff!

Besides all pieces and sets of cookwrare (Prof, Exec. Gen II), I got a ton of SA (essential set, large sq. platter, large bowl, many others), SA stands, woven selections (all 3), cookbooks (5), all 3 knives (we didn't have forged then), Chillzanne (sectional and rectang. small bowl), stones, cookie press, meat tenderizer, spring form pan (I sent to Grandma Rita-I told her if I won I would give her something. She said that's why I won:)), double boiler, food chopper, Easy Read Mes. cups, Carving Set, Cheese Bistro Set, Steak Knife set, Large Grooved cutting board, APCS, Deep Dish Baker (vanilla & classic), 12 cup muffin pan, Insulated tote, 4 piece colandar & bowl set, mini fluted pan, Classic Batter Bowl, Large Bar Pan, baster and cleaning brush, wine bottle opener, digital thermometer, hand lotion and soap, garlic press, Suds Pump, clock timer, micro plane adj. grater, basil oil and petite sq., pizza party set, and a few other things

It was so much fun! I now know how they feel in the Price Is Right and they say "Come on Down!"

Last edited:
chefann said:
My win was before they did the booth. They actually had shelves with all the products in a section of the warehouse, and we got to run through and grab actual product. They showed the footage of me in the video montage on Day 3, and someone behind me in the theater commented that "They sped the film up for that one." I turned around and told her that, no, they didn't. I was actually grabbing things that fast. :rolleyes:
I should find my pic of the day the boxes arrived.

That's funny Ann I would love to see that video.

It was so much fun! I now know how they feel in the Price Is Right and they say "Come on Down!"

That is so funny ... that is exactly what my clustermate said it was like!!

I really am hoping for SA stuff (I have nothing to serve stuff on at shows) and a salad spinner.

And no ... I didn't open the box after all. I've decided I want people to be there who will be happy for me, and my roomate and the friend who is visiting don't qualify.

Oh, I don't know how you can wait, but you are going to have so much fun!!!

Enjoy and thanks for bringing the memories back for me:!)

Just remember you can save some of it for incentives for recruiting, hosts, etc. Then you can deduct the price from your taxes:)! When I didn't open all the boxes my daughter kept saying, "Why aren't you opening them?" I said, because I can't possibly keep all of this just for me! I think she will be happy when she has a nice set of cookware when she moves out!

Last edited:
I definately don't have as much restraint as you do. I would be ripping the boxes open to see what I got. :)

Well .... last night I came home and looked at the cookware. Meaning, I looked at the sealed boxes containing the grill pan, stir fry skillet, griddle and stainless.Then I looked at the other boxes REAL HARD. Moved them around. Picked them up. Tried to determine if the items in there were big and small. Noticed one was noticably heavier than the other.Talked to a friend ... who agreed I shouldn't spoil it for myself. I reluctantly agreed.Then today ... (shhhhhhhhhh .....)I opened Box 1 VERY CAREFULLY .... hoping that the packing slip would reveal all. IT DIDN'T! Only the contents of Box 1!I took a QUICK PEAK at it ... here's what I remember:THE DOTTS BOWL!
Some other Dotts thing (I think salad plates)
The silicone floral pan (which I knew I was getting)
MORE placemats and cloth napkins, which is funny. I do not eat at my table and use a tablecloth, not placemats.
A cookbook
THE CAN OPENER!
AND ... the Deep Covered Baker!I am giving the last item to the clustermate who used her Mariott points to get me and my clustermates a free hotel room ... I already have one!Not sure what else ...I carefully re-sealed.The rest can wait until the un-boxing day thing ... as long as it doesn't get canceled. Roomie just called to say power on the whole block is out at my house ...

Good for you .... It looked like fun in the booth............. We laughed at all the people we saw doing it...........

Well ... this was not the booth at the conference center ... this was the one at the home office.Power is back on at my house ... an evening of baking, wrapping, decorating and cleaning awaits ...

I think it's rigged.... I didn't see any guys win...... hehehehehe

befor you all flog me.... I know... I know... the odds for a guy winning are slim. :D :eek:

did have a blast watching the mad grabbing in the box.... :cool:

It is rigged, Terry! 'Cuz you know how close I was to winning....Orange bus (mine & Terry's) #28, Red bus, #40...my number! I smacked Terry on the arm and said "Oh! I should've been on the red bus!"

Sorry, Terry....hope your arm's okay...:D

Well, I am the first person in my cluster (even my larger extended cluster) to win it ... and I am a first-timer!Ex-director and clustermate are living vicariously through me and I meet them for coffee ... I'd extract the second packing list but I have too much to do!It will be a true surprise since I really don't know what's in that one ...

Now I'm dying to know what else you got Di!

Wish I could be there for your party!

Red bus? There was no red bus during my tour ... only orange, blue and green.I am taking digital pix!

We were on the 8am tour the first day. They had orange, red, blue, green, & white! I may even be forgetting a color...

I'm fine Kathy... I'm used to it.. all my female friends smack me... I guess it has to do with my sarcastic humor.. :)

I shot video of everyone on our tour that won... I've not reviewed them yet..

That explains it ... mine was on the last day, when there were only 3 buses, the one bound for O'Hare, the one bound for Midway, and the one going to the hotels and McCormick. Ours (the third bus) was the only one that was crowded.

colegrovet said:
I'm fine Kathy... I'm used to it.. all my female friends smack me... I guess it has to do with my sarcastic humor.. :)

I shot video of everyone on our tour that won... I've not reviewed them yet..

Well, at least your used to it then. :p

It was such a hoot watching everyone in the booth - maybe next year I'll shoot your video and you can shoot mine :D.

sounds like a GREAT plan.. :D

I'm so looking forward to next year!!!!

Just remember to hold out that apron at the end ....

Di,
Loved the pic! Congrats! Your Fed Ex guy needs a vacation after that delivery! How cool!

What pic? Did someone else post one or do you mean Rhonda's or the other ones posted?

Took digitial pix and asked my roomate to download them and send to me ... also have pix of me at the home office (including in the booth) which are on a disc. But my computer is not fixed yet, so I can't download from a disc just yet!

Well, my Christmas in July thing was kind of a bust ... that said, my BFF was here and so we tore into the boxes ... and now it looks like Christmas morning, with boxes everywhere!

In addition to the cookware, I got:

* Cooking for two or more
* THE SPINNER!!!
* Silicone floral cake pan
* DOTTS BOWL
* Square baker
* CAN OPENER
* Mini serving spatula
* Table linnens (napkins, placemats and square rings ... I'm not kicked in the head over those.)
* Desert plates
* Triffle bowl
* Deep covered baker

I already have the DCB and the triffle bowl, so I am giving the DCB to the woman who gave up her Marriot points to get us a hotel room, because I wouldn't have been there to win without her ... and my recuriter may buy the triffle bowl or exchange it for supplies.

Grand total is $1,159.75! Not bad for a few minutes in a booth!

BFF (who has always been my biggest PC cheerleader) said I need to turn this into CASH by demonstrating it at shows ... and doing what I can to convince people to hold live shows and not catalog shows!

Wow - thanks for the update. Sorry the party was a bust, but you still had fun:)!!

I can't wait to see the pictures!

You could always use the linens for a wedding or shower gift. Or sell them to someone who wants to finish a set if you didn't get 8 of them.

<h2>1. What is the "Whirlwind of Excitement at Conference" and why is it important for Pampered Chef employees?</h2><p>The "Whirlwind of Excitement at Conference" is an annual event where Pampered Chef employees gather to celebrate their achievements and learn about new products and strategies. It is an important opportunity for networking, recognition, and motivation for employees in the company.</p><h2>2. What do employees typically win at the conference?</h2><p>Employees can win a variety of prizes at the conference, including free nights in a hotel, products from Pampered Chef, and even a chance to enter a money machine and grab as many products as they can in a certain amount of time.</p><h2>3. What happened to the person who won a free night in a hotel room?</h2><p>The person who won a free night in a hotel room was excited because it will make their trip to the conference much easier. This person was also part of a cluster, a group of employees who work together and support each other.</p><h2>4. What is the "golden ticket" and why is it significant?</h2><p>The "golden ticket" is a special ticket that is worth a 7-piece set of stainless cookware from Pampered Chef. It is significant because it is a highly coveted prize that employees can win in the money machine at the conference.</p><h2>5. What did the person who won in the money machine get?</h2><p>The person who won in the money machine received a silicone floral cake pan and "dotts," which are likely the large bowl from Pampered Chef. They also received other products that will help them improve their sales. The person was excited because they have been cooking with old, inherited cookware and this prize was a confirmation that they were meant to attend the conference. They also plan to hold a yard sale to sell their old cookware and upgrade to Pampered Chef products.</p>

1. What is the "Whirlwind of Excitement at Conference" and why is it important for Pampered Chef employees?

The "Whirlwind of Excitement at Conference" is an annual event where Pampered Chef employees gather to celebrate their achievements and learn about new products and strategies. It is an important opportunity for networking, recognition, and motivation for employees in the company.

2. What do employees typically win at the conference?

Employees can win a variety of prizes at the conference, including free nights in a hotel, products from Pampered Chef, and even a chance to enter a money machine and grab as many products as they can in a certain amount of time.

3. What happened to the person who won a free night in a hotel room?

The person who won a free night in a hotel room was excited because it will make their trip to the conference much easier. This person was also part of a cluster, a group of employees who work together and support each other.

4. What is the "golden ticket" and why is it significant?

The "golden ticket" is a special ticket that is worth a 7-piece set of stainless cookware from Pampered Chef. It is significant because it is a highly coveted prize that employees can win in the money machine at the conference.

5. What did the person who won in the money machine get?

The person who won in the money machine received a silicone floral cake pan and "dotts," which are likely the large bowl from Pampered Chef. They also received other products that will help them improve their sales. The person was excited because they have been cooking with old, inherited cookware and this prize was a confirmation that they were meant to attend the conference. They also plan to hold a yard sale to sell their old cookware and upgrade to Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • leslieprichett