• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems?

go to a lot of gatherings!I couldn't put 2 stands to work ever, I don't think, even when I hosted my first Thanksgiving with 25 people!The best thing about PC, though, is their guarantee! If she's not happy with the product, they will refund her money!
ParishKitchen
Hi. I was wondering if any of you or your customers have reported problems using the Three Tiered Stand with Medium Squares. My mother ordered two stands and three sets of squares from me, and she recently called to tell me the squares "don't fit" in the stand. I went over to her house to see what the problem was, and sure enough, the squares do not fit correctly.

The squares actually do fit in the stand, but the bottom grooves (i.e., the unglazed raised parts on the undersides) of the squares don't actually fit in the openings, or holes, of the stands. Typically, with plate stands, the plate is supposed to sort of sit securely inside the hole, so that you can carry the entire stand and its contents without risking having your plates fall out. With the Simple Additions stand, the medium squares sit on top of the frames of those holes. This makes it so that the plates do not sit securely and slide around, so they are liable to fall off if someone bumps into them, and carrying the stands with the squares in them would be disastrous.

Moreover, there appear to be two different kinds of Medium Squares in circulation. My mother received two sets of squares with stickers on the box that say "CIB H 44T248" and one with a "CIB H 44T212" sticker. The ones marked 44T248 have very square edges on the unglazed bottom parts and do not fit the stand at all. The printing on the bottom includes the number "1" to the right of "MADE IN CHINA." The ones marked 44T212 have rounded edges on their bottoms and the number "3" next to "MADE IN CHINA." These fit a little better than the other ones, but still not completely.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, how was it resolved (or was it resolved at all)? I've never dealt with a problem like this before, and my Director recommended that I call the Solution Center. Before I do that, though, I want to find out about other people's experiences with these products.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you can give me!

I had a customer have a problem with only 1 of her 2 Medium Squares with Cranberry Accent. It was really weird. I called Home Office and they are sending her our 2 new squares.

I have the exact same situation where the plates just sit on the stand. Frustrating!

I thought that's how they were supposed to sit!!!:eek:

Thats our they are supposed to fit. If you want it to sit with the sides down you need to use small squares instead of the medium ones.

That sounds how mine is. The stands came with little rubber gripper thingies that you can put on it to stabilize the plates. The Medium Squares just sit on it there, and the Small Squares sort of sink in. The Medium Bowls also fit.

Also, you can carry that thing with Medium Squares on it. I don't recommend you carry it too far, because it weighs a TON, but I went to a neighbor's shindig with it full of something yummy and walked about a block without any problems (besides having to switch hands because my arms were tired!!)

Your mom must do a lot of entertaining! I couldn't put 2 stands to work ever, I don't think, even when I hosted my first Thanksgiving with 25 people! The best thing about PC, though, is their guarantee! If she's not happy with the product, they will refund her money!

Yep, it's just the way they are. They don't sit in but are secure!

Are you talking about the rubber sheaths that go over the feet, or was there some other piece we didn't notice? I will have to look into that -- thanks for the heads-up!

Yes, my mother does do a lot of entertaining! And her favorite things to serve at gatherings are assortments of mini pastries, which look awesome on tiered servers. In fact, since I became a consultant, strawberry amaretto pastries have managed to earn a standing spot on her server. :)

speedychef said:
That sounds how mine is. The stands came with little rubber gripper thingies that you can put on it to stabilize the plates. The Medium Squares just sit on it there, and the Small Squares sort of sink in. The Medium Bowls also fit.

Also, you can carry that thing with Medium Squares on it. I don't recommend you carry it too far, because it weighs a TON, but I went to a neighbor's shindig with it full of something yummy and walked about a block without any problems (besides having to switch hands because my arms were tired!!)

Your mom must do a lot of entertaining! I couldn't put 2 stands to work ever, I don't think, even when I hosted my first Thanksgiving with 25 people! The best thing about PC, though, is their guarantee! If she's not happy with the product, they will refund her money!

I just had a customer ask me about the exact same thing recently also.

Regarding the different squares...My friend borrowed some of mine and when she returned them she had accidently swapped them with hers. Her squares were a bit dingier (is that a word?) color of white than mine and shaped just a bit different. It was weird.

ParishKitchen said:
Are you talking about the rubber sheaths that go over the feet, or was there some other piece we didn't notice? I will have to look into that -- thanks for the heads-up!

Yes, my mother does do a lot of entertaining! And her favorite things to serve at gatherings are assortments of mini pastries, which look awesome on tiered servers. In fact, since I became a consultant, strawberry amaretto pastries have managed to earn a standing spot on her server. :)
There are pieces that go onto the feet, but then there are also pieces that Gt over the sides where the plates rest. They help so the squares don't slide around. (They look like a small plastic tube with a slit in the side.) HTH !

This is the way my stand works too. I have carried it with the medium plates in it but am very careful with them.

I believe there was info sent out in a Weekly Bites a while back that we're not supposed to carry the 3-Tier stand with anything on it. It's not designed for that.

The little clear tubes are a godsend. They're available on Replacement Parts order: 195D - Stand Clear Protective Sleeves (8), $1.00

1. What is the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems?

The Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems is a versatile and functional kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that features three levels for storing and displaying food items, as well as a medium square platter that can be used as a base or as a separate serving piece.

2. Can the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems is made of durable stoneware and is safe for use in both the oven and microwave, making it suitable for serving both hot and cold dishes.

3. What are the dimensions of the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems?

The Three Tiered Stand measures 13" in diameter and 9" in height, while the Medium Square Platter measures 12" x 12". This makes it the perfect size for serving appetizers, desserts, and other small dishes.

4. Is the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Platter are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.

5. Can the Three Tiered Stand and Medium Square Problems be used for other purposes besides serving food?

Absolutely! The Three Tiered Stand can also be used as a stylish organization tool for items such as jewelry, office supplies, and even small plants. The Medium Square Platter can also be used as a decorative piece or for serving other types of dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bostonbelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • sherri lynn
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies