• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Letter to Send When Requesting a Guest List for a Host Packet?

a cell phone and a home number. That way, even if they are unable to attend the party, I can give them a courtesy call and let them know what happened.I also offer my hosts a $20 bonus in free product, if they will let me be their secretary. I explain I need 2 means of contact for every name they give me,... a cell phone and a home number. That way, even if they are unable to attend the party, I can give them a courtesy call and let them know what happened.I offer my hosts a $20 bonus in free product, if they will let me be their secretary. I explain I need 2 means of contact for every name they give me,... a
heather223
Gold Member
For those that won't give a host packet until they receive a guest list.... can you please post the letter that you use when you send the guest list?

I lost too many host packets last year and would like to not send the host packet until I get the guest list.

TIA! :chef:

This is the letter I used recently.

Attachments

• Cooking Show Host Letter.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 732
pcrae the document is locked.

When you open the document, pull up the the forms tool bar and click on the lock icon and it will unlock the document.

I hope that makes sense. :)

I don't send a letter... I just send the guest list. I'm cutting down more and more of what hosts have to read. Who has the time? Since I've stopped sending so much for them "to read" it's made my communication with them better. I call her before and explain that she'll just get the list and what she needs to do. Once she has it I call again to make sure she understands it.It's made me much more accountable in talking with hosts.

I, too, have been tossing around the idea of requiring my hosts to send me their guest list before I send them the host packet (host planner, 5 catalogs, order forms, additional invites, recipe lists, specials, etc.). Many of my packets are shipped out-of-town and I've had several shows cancel in the last 6 months that just didn't come together. Some of those were likely because of poor planning--the host either didn't get invitations out to guests or promote the show at all.

If I requested the guest list to get the part "started" so-to-speak, I would feel much better about the shipping costs as well as supplies costs involved in preparing for the show. I would also ask for phone numbers with addresses so that I could make the reminder calls a day or two before the show. To me, that step is imperative and it only helps my business for ME to take the time to do it. :thumbup: :D

I completely agree! I had a director that makes about $4,000 a month every month come to one of our meetings and she won't send a host packet until she gets the guest list. I am thinking that she is doing something right! :chef:

I'm starting to do this in January--purely by laziness on my side! I needed to get the guest lists to the hosts last week to give them enough time to fill them out. I didn't feel like going to the post office to mail them, or to drive to the hosts' houses to drop them off. So I just put a note in with the guest list to fill it out & return it & that I would send a host packet when I got the guest list back. Figured I may as well see how this goes since I've already started with my January shows!

heather223 said:
I completely agree! I had a director that makes about $4,000 a month every month come to one of our meetings and she won't send a host packet until she gets the guest list. I am thinking that she is doing something right! :chef:

WOW @ $4000/month. Is that in sales or commission? Incredible either way.

Yes, it just seems smart to get the list because it's like a serious commitment on the part of the hostess. They had to sit down, make their list, gather addresses and phone numbers, and be willing to get it to you. Once they do that, and have a date/time set, the party is ready to go on their end. I don't know why I haven't been doing this all along. I guess I was worried about the cost of postage and all, but it seems worth it in the end to KNOW how many invites were sent and to make those reminder phone calls to KNOW how many have RSVPed.

At a couple recent parties that I've had, the host assured me that she was contacting all her guests a day or two before the show as a reminder (when I offered to make the calls, myself). At my most recent one, when only three showed up she looked at me and said, "I ended up not getting to see a lot of them as I had planned on." Her sales were horrible and I felt so badly for her because she had been excited about this party for months. If I had done the legwork with her guest list things might have been much different.

Guest List Ahead is a PLUS+I offer my hosts a $20 bonus in free product, if they will let me be their secretary. I explain I need 2 means of contact for every name they give me, and they need to give me their guest list 3 weeks before their intended show date. I won't "stalk" their friends, and only use the names once for contacts for this show only. Finally, I offer that hosts who have taken me up on this, have had shows over $800 - and most of those that haven't have been under $300. I empower them with the information, and they decide!

I got my guest-list-ahead from on here at some point - it is enclosed, with other stuff from my host packet. I need to update them, but they are an awesome start.

Persevere - in the words of Donald Trump, "Never, ever give up." God Bless You - put into this business more than you think, and your rewards will be way more than you can imagine! In 2007 I knew only 2 of my 40 hosts before 2007 started!!

Attachments

• 1.steps to a successful show.doc
    33 KB · Views: 474
  • 2.Guest List ahead.doc
    292.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 4.adding up an order.doc
    25 KB · Views: 374
  • 8.host reward pointers.doc
    25 KB · Views: 386
  • 9.If you read NOTHING ELSE.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 423
scottcooks said:
I offer my hosts a $20 bonus in free product, if they will let me be their secretary. I explain I need 2 means of contact for every name they give me, and they need to give me their guest list 3 weeks before their intended show date. I won't "stalk" their friends, and only use the names once for contacts for this show only. Finally, I offer that hosts who have taken me up on this, have had shows over $800 - and most of those that haven't have been under $300. I empower them with the information, and they decide!

I got my guest-list-ahead from on here at some point - it is enclosed, with other stuff from my host packet. I need to update them, but they are an awesome start.

Persevere - in the words of Donald Trump, "Never, ever give up." God Bless You - put into this business more than you think, and your rewards will be way more than you can imagine! In 2007 I knew only 2 of my 40 hosts before 2007 started!!

I love this concept!!! I have had SO many shows where:

A) Few people show up.
B) People showed up, ate and left.:eek: (very frustrating for the host let me tell ya!)
OR
C) The host canceled for "lack of interest" :yuck:

I'm gonna send invitations from now on! oh and Scott, I am so using your forms! They are fantastic!!!:D :D

K

Related to What's the Best Letter to Send When Requesting a Guest List for a Host Packet?

What is a guest list and host packet?

A guest list and host packet is a tool provided by Pampered Chef to help hosts plan and organize their party. It includes invitations, order forms, and other materials to make hosting a successful party easier.

How do I create a guest list?

Creating a guest list is easy with our online party planner tool. Simply input your guest's names and email addresses, and the system will send out personalized invitations and track RSVPs for you.

Can I customize my guest list and host packet?

Yes, you can customize your guest list and host packet to fit your specific needs. You can choose from different invitation designs, add or remove materials from the packet, and even personalize the materials with your own information.

How many invitations are included in the host packet?

The number of invitations included in the host packet varies depending on the size of the party. We typically recommend sending out at least 20 invitations to ensure a good turnout.

When should I send out my invitations?

We recommend sending out invitations at least 2-3 weeks before the party date to give your guests enough time to RSVP and plan for the event. This also gives you enough time to follow up with any non-responders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • pkd09