• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who Send Hosts Invitations...

In summary, sending the host packet before or after you get her guest list is a big decision that can affect your business.
pkd09
Silver Member
Do you send the host packet before or after you get her guest list?

I always call my hosts to make sure the date/time is still good before I send out their packet. I include a SASE so they can mail me the list or they can email me. Getting a little miffed about cancellations after I send out the packet and before they give me the guest list.

Big waste of postage!

I either give them a host packet at the show that they book from (but only with a mini-catalog) or I give them their host packet when I meet with them for Host Coaching. And that is where they get a full catalog as well.

I have recently changed after listening to the host coaching training from conference last year. At the party, I give 3 catalogs and opportunity brochure. i email them the guestlist and after I receive it I send them outside order forms, host special and planner.

So far so good, no cancellations and motivation for them to get it back to me.

I don't give a host packet until I have a guest list. I let them know that I have a host packet waiting for them and as soon as they confirm their party by sending me the guest list I will stick the packet in the mail.

I mail the host packet after I receive the guest list. This confirms it for me. I did change that up a few months ago. I was giving host packets at the show. I hated always making sure to have enough packets, plus the weight of lugging it around, AND did not like the fact that I wasted paper, ink and catties on those that cancelled their party.

I am now back to mailing the packet and love it soooo much more!

Thank you so much for the timing of this thread. I am looking at ways to cut my overhead costs for 2011. After losing at least six host packets in the past year at the rate of $6 a piece (duplication, cats, folder), plus the $5 postage to send I am going to begin requesting the guest list and then will send the host pkt.

But what are you doing when your host wants to do their own inviting on Facebook? Are you sending or handing her the host packet?

I have a host from last week that can't find her host packet now. She did her inviting on FB had expected 16-20 people, four people showed up, which only two ordered. I've been extremely leery of FB invites. I told her she needed to remind her invited guests before the show and then remind them after the show when it will close, in addition to telling everyone she's having a show at the beginning. So far she has barely qualified as a show. I won't even recoop in commission the costs of the host packet, postage, gas, time, the sauces and the dessert ingredients I brought - yes they are all tax deductible, but I am still out the money.

cincychef said:
I don't give a host packet until I have a guest list. I let them know that I have a host packet waiting for them and as soon as they confirm their party by sending me the guest list I will stick the packet in the mail.

That's what I do. It costs me a little money (which is a tax deduction) but it gives me the opportunity to say (repeat as necessary), "I'll put your host packet in the mail as soon as I receive your guest list". The way I run my business, it is not a party until I get a guest list.

For me it has been dependent on the hosts on how I do it. I've been trying to just have guest lists a SASE and catalog available for those who book at shows. And tell them once I receive the guest list I'll send them a packet. I was actually going to have some February packets available for my show tonight because I want to try to book in close since right now I have a confirmed show on 19th and 20th and unconfirmed catalog show and that is not going to be enough double points to get me to Gold Incentive. So I will also be on phone tomorrow to try to get more shows.Oh an as far as Facebook goes I highly encourage my hosts to do one and spread the word and tell them my invitations serve as a reminder. The more reminders they get the less they will forget and I think it has improved attendance at some of my shows. My host tonight has me on the invite since we are friends so I can see how many have responded and written on the event wall. The host posted this morning which I think is good too because if they've responded it will show on their news feed when they log in. He has 19 confirmed via facebook but is expecting at least 22 that will buy! :) More will be there but some are couples so it's really only one order. But it will be a great show!:) I already got a $145 order from my website the day he posted event! I'd be surprised if they don't get $1000 show! And their wish list was huge! He said that they needed to scale it back it was around $700. But if I get a Feb booking they can get the pans for 60% off! :) It's also a drinking crowd and that can always be good sales! And we are doing a wine and cheese theme! :)

Last edited:
As far as the host packet postage cost, I have scaled that down too. I now give 2 catalogs, the host planner, 5 oof's, recruiting brochure, and 1 printed off copy of each the host and guest special.

I send it first class and only costs $2.58, rather than sending it priority for $4.75. It reaches the host in the same amount of time.

Caressa: How is your mailing only $2.58? I basically send the same as you and because it is in a large envelope and the weight, it normally always goes priority at $5 a pop.

1. How do I send invitations to my hosts?

To send invitations to your hosts, log into your Pampered Chef account and go to the "Hosts" section. From there, you can select the host you would like to invite and click on the "Send Invitations" button. You can choose to send invitations via email, text, or by printing physical invitations.

2. Can I customize the invitations?

Yes, you can customize the invitations by adding your own personal message or by including specific details about the event. You can also choose from a variety of pre-made templates to make your invitations more visually appealing.

3. How many invitations can I send at once?

You can send invitations to multiple hosts at once, but there is a limit of 100 invitations per event. If you need to send invitations to more than 100 hosts, you can create multiple events or reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. Can I track who has RSVP'd to the event?

Yes, you can track RSVPs by going to the "Hosts" section and clicking on the event you created. From there, you will be able to see a list of hosts who have RSVP'd, as well as their responses (yes, no, maybe).

5. Is there a fee for sending invitations through Pampered Chef?

No, there is no additional fee for sending invitations through Pampered Chef. However, you will need to cover any costs associated with printing physical invitations or sending texts if you choose those options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ms_twana