1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching Host hasn't gotten me her guest list

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

In making a customer care call, I ended up getting a booking. She set a date and I told her how I like to make things easier for my hosts by sending out the invites. How this helps to make hosting that much simpler. I asked her if she could get me a guest list and then I'd send her a host packet. I asked if she was okay with doing things through e-mail or if I should mail the guest list form. She said e-mail was fine.

I sent her the form to fill out through e-mail and also wrote a host coaching e-mail. I haven't heard from her, and I know it's my job to follow up. Her show isn't until Sept 12th, so there's a lot of time and I said that when she booked the show, so that she didn't feel pressure.

Now I think back to Tammy Stanley's workshop and I'm wondering if I've messed up big time. I didn't follow up with her right away. Now time has gone by. I'm just wondering what words to use in this follow up phone call that will not put pressure on my host or make her feel guilty that she didn't do what she agreed to. What Tammy taught made total sense that now I'm nervous to call and say something that will push my host away.

But like I said, there's still tons of time to get the ball rolling, I just want to be sure I say the right thing. Don't know if I should just let her know that I'm mailing out a host packet. Then she can choose to either e-mail me or use the provided stamped envelope to mail the guest list to me.

Aug 11, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

why not start with what Tammy suggested- and "thank" her...and start as if you have not talked to her at all.....use the words Tammy gave us to thank her for hosting a show, etc etc...then share the "secrets".. Get her excited, help her see the "why", not just the "what".

I wouldn't come right out and ask about the guest list at first- but when you get to that part of coaching, just ask "how are you doing on your guest list?" If she's not done anything, maybe you can help her come up with some names by doing a 50 in 5 sort of thing. If she says she's got some names, ask her if she can tell you how many..and of course "that's a Great start!". :)

See where that takes you from there and start building that relationship. Don't be the one paralyzed by fear to call her- since she's probably expecting you to sometime anyway. You are 4 weeks out from the show....now's when you'd probably start talking to her anyway. Maybe you can use the new product/catalog to build her excitement up- new recipes to try, etc.

Good luck.

Aug 11, 2009
Have something to add?