• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Customer Care Calls to Generate Business: A Bridal Shower Story

In summary, D.C. recommends calling customers who have purchased things and offering to send them a copy of the recipe or requesting their email address.
Deborah Czarnecki
Last Sunday I had a bridal shower and there were about 13 or 14 people there--and NOBODY booked a show. I was very disappointed because I'm still getting started and was really counting on such a large gathering to generate at least 2 or 3 shows. Anyway, all of the survey slips were definately marked "no" (and although I had an $850 show, it was mostly money given to the bride--I only had 3 orders besides hers). Well. my director gave me a good suggestion. I had made the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte for the show and everyone really loved it. So she told me to call the guests and offer to send everyone a copy of the recipe--and request their e-mails (which they didn't put down on the slips). At the end of the call, I could ask "Is there anything else I can do for you? Did you have any questions about hosting a show?"
I have started calling a few people (who mentioned that they were thinking of getting something but were still considering it). It hasn't gotten me any bookings or orders (so far), but I feel like I'm doing something pro-active and it really helps to have a REASON to call everyone--after all, I'M giving THEM a recipe, so it doesn't feel so intrusive for me to call.
I thought it was great advice and I plan to use it for other customer care calls in the future. (plus when I e-mail the recipe, I put my name and info at the bottom so they'll still have it). I will have to mail out a few to those who don't have e-mail, but a few letters aren't much trouble or expense, and they'll still have my info at the bottom.
I thought I'd pass the suggestion along to those who are intimidated by customer care calls (as I am!!! :D ) and need a good starting line!
D.C.

ThanksIt is always a little difficult to get out of your own comfort zone. I am the same way about calling people, although it is the lifeline of my business. No matter how many times I pick up the phone, I still have jitters. It helps me to plan what I want to say, the say as I do for a show. This way I can glance at my "cheat sheet" and make sure I've covered everything I wanted to get to with my customers. It helps me feel organized & confident over the phone and I have had good response from my phone time.

Esther

calling at work?Personally, I feel really uncomfortable calling people at work. Especially if you have to ask for them (I'm always worried they are in a meeting or something). My director said that if that's the number they give on the sheets, then obviously they are willing to be called there, but I still feel intrusive--my whole tone becomes apologetic--I can't help it! :rolleyes:
D.C.

I feel the same way, but always check to make sure they can talk, and I will keep it breif. It gets easier. Or you can check if you can call them at home and get there number. If they gave you there work number your director is right they wanted you to cal them there. They will tell you if they are busy and I check to see if there is a better time as well. Good Luck :)

Deborah....That is great that you made those calls. Did you call everyone already? If not, you might want to end all your calls with these words:

“I just wanted to let you know that in the month of __ I am doing dazzling desserts. If you would like to have a few friends over I can come and teach them how to make ____ and you will get free products. Does this sound like something you might be interested in doing?”

The worst that could happen is they say no they are not interested. I end every call, no matter what kind of call, with these words.

That IS a good way to put things (although I'm still new enough that the thought of doing a theme show is a little intimidating--however dazzling deserts sounds perfect!!). I'm one of those people who definately need a script, especially on the phone where I tend to fill lots of blanks with "So, ah...um..." :D !
Does anybody find that their customer care calls to people who have purchased things end up in either complaints or problems you reallly can't solve? I haven't done a lot (I only really started after my third show), but I've had an older woman who didn't like her bar pan because it was too heavy (she has back problems) and one who was disappointed her chopper wouldn't chop pork chops and red meat. I'm as helpful as I can be (either recommending ways to use it or return it), but I wonder how often I'm going to be hearing stuff like this?? :rolleyes:
D.C.

I tend to have a few people who have issue, but for the most part the calls are positive and thankful that I called. The calls from people who have problems tend to be people who didn't attend parties and don't know info. That is the point of Customer Care Calls. Those outside orders are VERY IMPORTANT! Plus you didn't get to ask those Outside Orders if they were interested in having a party.

The thing I do a lot of with Customer Care Calls is asking if they have their items out of the box. Do they have any questions. Can I give them any recipes to use with their products. I tell them about the new specials for the month and end with asking if they would be interested in having a few friends over for a Dazzling Desserts party. I always say I can TEACH you and your friends how to make ____whatever I'm making that month___. The words teach are not as intimidating. Also by saying, Have a FEW FRIENDS OVER is less overwhelming.

Great idea your director had Deborah. Thank you for sharing that with us. I will keep that script in my files to use when I have a show that doesn't get any bookings. Don't worry, the more you to CC calls the easier it gets. Ginger, thank you for sharing your script as well. I like the idea of having a theme for the month and then presenting potential hosts with it.

Don't take No for an answer!
Deborah Czarnecki said:
Last Sunday I had a bridal shower and there were about 13 or 14 people there--and NOBODY booked a show. I was very disappointed because I'm still getting started and was really counting on such a large gathering to generate at least 2 or 3 shows. Anyway, all of the survey slips were definately marked "no" (and although I had an $850 show, it was mostly money given to the bride--I only had 3 orders besides hers). Well. my director gave me a good suggestion. I had made the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte for the show and everyone really loved it. So she told me to call the guests and offer to send everyone a copy of the recipe--and request their e-mails (which they didn't put down on the slips). At the end of the call, I could ask "Is there anything else I can do for you? Did you have any questions about hosting a show?"
I have started calling a few people (who mentioned that they were thinking of getting something but were still considering it). It hasn't gotten me any bookings or orders (so far), but I feel like I'm doing something pro-active and it really helps to have a REASON to call everyone--after all, I'M giving THEM a recipe, so it doesn't feel so intrusive for me to call.
I thought it was great advice and I plan to use it for other customer care calls in the future. (plus when I e-mail the recipe, I put my name and info at the bottom so they'll still have it). I will have to mail out a few to those who don't have e-mail, but a few letters aren't much trouble or expense, and they'll still have my info at the bottom.
I thought I'd pass the suggestion along to those who are intimidated by customer care calls (as I am!!! :D ) and need a good starting line!
D.C.
Don't always take no for an answer! I did a show where one lady stood out from the crowd, and although she had ticked no to everything, I rang her to offer her the business opportunity and she signed! Unfortunately, she has only done 8 shows and has taken on more hours at work so probably won't carry on, but you just never know where those calls will take you. Yvonne

What is a customer care call?

A customer care call is a phone call made by a representative of Pampered Chef to check in with a customer and see if they need any assistance with their products or if they have any feedback to share. It is a great way to build relationships with customers and provide support for their purchases.

How can I use customer care calls to generate business for a bridal shower?

When making customer care calls, you can ask if the customer knows anyone who is getting married soon and may be in need of kitchen and cookware items for their new home. You can also offer to host a Pampered Chef bridal shower for the engaged couple and their friends and family.

What are some benefits of using customer care calls for generating business?

Customer care calls allow you to connect with your customers on a personal level and show them that you value their satisfaction. It also provides an opportunity to upsell and introduce new products to customers who may not be aware of them. Additionally, hosting a bridal shower can bring in new customers and increase sales.

How should I approach the topic of a bridal shower during a customer care call?

When making a customer care call, you can mention that you noticed the customer has purchased wedding-related items and ask if they have any upcoming weddings in their family or circle of friends. Then, you can offer to host a Pampered Chef bridal shower for the engaged couple and their loved ones.

Are there any special promotions or offers available for hosting a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

Yes, we offer special discounts and bonuses for hosting a Pampered Chef bridal shower. These may include free products, discounted items, or hostess rewards. Our representatives can provide more information and help you plan the perfect bridal shower for the happy couple.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • Raenstorm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Raenstorm
  • KrisGio