• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009?

but this is my business. I am only here to learn and ask questions. I will start posting my successes and questions. Hi Tammy! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're here! :)No action yet today, but will post later! :)
  • #1,701
Just got home from my show today! And I am so excited, because my host is signing! WAHOOOOOO!

• #1,702
Great job becky!!

• #1,703
Okay - I didn't have a lot of time yesterday to post, but I was so excited about my host wanting to sign that I just had to post that...

But my show yesterday was so much fun. It was a small show, but that was good. It was such a fun group, and something I'd never experienced before. They were all in the mid 20's, and as they started arriving (early!) they all just started pitching in to help...so very effortlessly, it became an interactive show. The demo was going to be Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, but the host had also bought veggies to use for dipping with the ginger wasabi sauce, and we were assembling the oil seasonings w/ french bread, and the pineapple sauce w/ cream cheese & crackers. So, as they came in and said "What can I do to help?" I gave them all a job! They were all hanging out in the kitchen and laughing and talking and working together. Then, we took all of the appetizers into the dining room, and they snacked on them while I finished up demoing the Brunch Squares, and talked about my "Magic Pot", and Cookware.

The host is getting married in July, and had already registered for most of her kitchen stuff at BB&B :)eek:) but by the end of the show, had decided she wanted to change that to a PC Registry!:D Also, as I talked about the opportunity throughout the show, she kept asking me questions - and then at the end of the show, I did the "5 Questions" game....and that sparked a whole discussion...and her sister and a couple of her friends kept telling her she really needed to become a consultant. Everyone there said they'd have a show for her if she became a consultant, and all started picking dates already!
The host would like to qualify in May/June, and then take July off (wedding and honeymoon) I told her she could set up her registry, and then that could be her sales for July....getting wedding gifts, free stuff, and making money, with no work on her part, so she can concentrate on more important stuff!

This was not a quick show. Everyone was having so much fun cooking and talking...the show started at 11am, and before we knew it, it was 2pm!:eek:
But, if they are viewing it as just a fun time hanging out with friends, then, I guess that really doesn't matter does it? Afterwards, the host dried dishes while I washed, and we chatted some more about the business, and how to make it work while she's also working full time and planning a wedding. I ended up not getting home until about 3:30...but it was such a fun day, I didn't even mind! I can't wait to have her on my team!

• #1,704
Oh - and I have to say...This week I took the plunge and started doing the "5 Questions" game...and both shows where I did that this week, I got a solid recruit! What took me so long?

Actually, I've listened to a Workshop that I burned onto a CD (Love my MAC!) several times the past couple weeks called "Recruiting Leads From Every Show" and it has really sparked a change in my attitude about recruiting.

• #1,705
tell me more about how the 5 questions game works!

• #1,706
smspamperedchef said:
tell me more about how the 5 questions game works!

Well, I got it off from here - I think it was Cheryl who told me about it. I was questioning about who played the ticket game....and this is sort of a variation of that, except for me it's easier, quicker, and less threatening...

After the demo, I have them pull out their Guest Care Card from their folder, and have them flip it over to the blank side. Then, I have them fold it in half. and number each half 1-5 like this:

For the first half, I ask them to write down 5 things that they had seen demoed or used during the evening that they'd really like to have. I tell them that the first person to finish their list wins a gift. Then, I have the winner read off their list and I comment on how I give alot of those things away free...or that one of them is a big reason people like to host...to get it for half-off...etc....

Then we go to the next side...and I tell them this is their time to really get nosy! They can ask me any 5 questions that they would like to about my job - nothing is off limits, including my paycheck....again, this is a race and the first person done wins a gift from me!
Then, I answer the questions from the person who finishes first...and after that I ask if anyone had a burning question on their list that wasn't answered...

That's it! I got 3 bookings and a recruit the first time I did it....and I would have had at least 3 bookings the 2nd time, if the host hadn't decided to sign!

• #1,707
Becky that's great! I have done the 5 questions game with just the recruiting part of it. I will give the products part a chance next time!

• #1,708
Thanks for sharing the 5 questions...............gets me thinking! yesterday we got rained out at the game, but I did get an online order over $150 (HO lead). I'll take it!

• #1,709
Four contacts today. Possible May sales from two of them. I'll be following up.

• #1,710
my contacts last night resulted in finding out that a recruit lead signed with someone else!!

• #1,711
Oh, Amy, that's such a bummer. I had that happen last May. I was at spring traingin, 8 1/2 months pregnant, when I saw a past host there. I spent a while in the bathroom, bawling, because I was so hormonal. I've been able to get over it now :) and she signed with the Director she used to be under when she did PC a long time ago.

• #1,712
Ok today I called 6 of the invited guests to Saturday's show to get their RSVP. Wow that was really hard for me to do actually. Ugh this is going to take some practice.Later tonite I need to call my recruit and see if she is able to pull off me doing a show for her this Saturday.

• #1,713
Proof the calls work: I scheduled a show last night while I was at my cluster meeting. :) Three weeks ago I touched base with one of my "maybe in the spring" possible bookings. After my call I sent her the specials for May, June, and July. She left me a message while I was in the meeting with a few dates that would work for her. I love my job.Today's contacts were also pretty good. When I went to get my massage this morning I took a few extra books with May Guest Specials to leave for salon customers. The salon owner asked to see a catalog, then said she tried to order "one of those deviled egg carriers," but was too late. When I told her she could earn one by hosting a June party, she said she'd definitely be interested in hearing more. I'm sending her info in tomorrow's mail.Stopped in HHGregg to look for a new printer to replace the one that's wheezing its last. The manager asked if I had a catalog with me. I brought her one in from my van. She's a Southern Living at Home Consultant, so she isn't interested in hosting, but she's planning to order. Yay!Since HHGregg didn't have the printer I wanted, I went to Sam's Club. The cashier saw my tote and said she had a few PC products, but she thought they were too expensive. I said, "You know. the vast majority of our products are under $20. And, if you host a party in July you can earn extra free products. Is that something that would interest you?" Well, it did interest her. I waited while she helped several other customers, then got her name, address, and phone. I'll be sending her info in tomorrow's mail.A good day's work--is it not?

• #1,714
LOL Rae I'd love to just shadow you for a day!Congrats!

• #1,715
My shadow's not very tall, but it's fairly wide. LOL!

• #1,716
booked an event for May. still dialing.....

• #1,717
Amy - that really sucks.:cry: Good for you getting back on the phone and continuing to dial!

I was home alone with DS tonight, which makes it hard to make phone calls. However, I did make a couple contacts today while out and about.

I dropped off some orders from a show I put together last week. Chatted with my friend when I dropped off her order, and invited her and her sitter to the Fundraiser I'm doing tomorrow.

Then I walked across the street to her neighbor to drop off her order, and talked to her about becoming a consultant. She is a hot prospect - just waiting for the right time.

Then, a few days ago, I had chatted with a past host's Mom - she called to tell me that she was loving the power cooking recipes she got from her daughter's show, and wondered if I had any more. She doesn't do Email, so I told her I would email my host the chicken recipes for her. Soooo, I did that this afternoon.
As proof that doing the nice/right thing is always the best thing to do, I got this email back from her daughter....

Becky,

That was so nice of you to respond to my mom’s request. I will print it out and get it to her.

I was wondering if you keep receipts on record. I still cannot find the mini-scraper receipt from 10/08 (E.V. party outside order).

The book reads there is a 3 year warranty on the scraper.

If you don’t mind, could you give me some idea of what my options are without the receipt.

I’d be interested in hosting another party sometime this summer.

Thanks again,
K.P.

I emailed her back, and told her I'd be happy to help her with her exchange...and asked her if she'd be willing to host a show in June to help me out with SAT. I now have another June booking!:thumbup:

• #1,718
Amy, that does suck! I had a similar situation in the fall. I was attending our Regional Fall Kick-off meeting, and saw a past host there (at the time of her show, she was not interested). She was there with another consultant, and ended up signing with her that day!

I made 3 contacts, but nothing significant yesterday. I wanted to make more calls in the evening, but there was a thunderstorm going through.

• #1,719
I just had the most amazing evening - and so much fun! What a day today has been!

First - had a phone call from one of my consultants this morning - she called to let me know that her first recruiting interview was a success and she signed a guy to her team!!:thumbup: Oh - and she wanted to let me know that she'd just registered for conference!

Then, I had a Fundraiser for a mission team from my church this evening. There were 12 in attendance, with $1044 in sales so far...and much more to come since they will all be gathering orders!! Also - 4 Bookings, and 1 great recruit lead! (Another guy!)

I am so happy with my day.:love:

• #1,720
Yesterday was good. Made my contacts. Did a little host coaching.

• #1,721
Ummm, wow - just now getting a chance to look through my Guest Care Cards from last nights fundraiser... (had to watch LOST online first this morning! WOW! What an episode!) and I discovered that one lady, who had to leave early, so just filled out her order form and handed it to the host, had checked YES to booking, and YES to more info about becoming a consultant! Whoo Hooo!

That means 5 bookings - and 2 Recruit Leads from the fundraiser last night!:thumbup:

• #1,722
What an awesome day, Becky!! Hope the leads come through for you!!

• #1,723
I would say I was a slacker last night, but the truth is my DH was being a slacker - thus making it difficult for me to make the calls.

great job Becky! That is fantastic!! You are on a roll! And it sounds like your team in rocking too! I soooo wish I had that!

• #1,724
Closed out my Curves HWC fundraiser yesterday - $677 in sales! I also had a show on Tuesday night - got 3 bookings and it's over $400 in sales right now. So I will have earned that cute tote and gotten a good start to May. Still have 3 more cooking shows this month.

• #1,725
Here's what's happened so far today. I was getting myself ready to encounter real people when my phone rang. It was a past host who decided she needed to host a quick catalog show to get a few things she wanted. She said that her husband turned to her yesterday and said, "You need to have another party. We need more of those twixy things." She'll want to close next week. Dropped off a Host Kit for her this morning.Had lunch with a friend. During lunch she said she needed to order a few things. The host who had called me this morning is a mutual friend, so she'll be ordering from that show. Made a follow-up call. That contact asked for the upcoming specials. I'll be sending those to her in tomorrow's mail.Had two more contacts while I was out and about. Don't know if those will go anywhere, but I'll take them. :)

• #1,726
Followed up with a guest from last week who scheduled a date for next month. She is super organized and will get me her 40 person guest list in Excel in the morning. Wow somebody finally did the 40 people in 4 minutes!I have to try to get in touch with the recruit who said on Sunday she wanted to start. I offered to do a show for her Saturday to get her first bookings and she said she wouldn't know until Tuesday nite. I got VMNeed to follow up with her SIL too. She was a yes and yes to opportunity and hosting, left Saturday's party saying she was going to get details from hubby to order but haven't called her yet because I wanted to cement the first girl so I could try to sign them as a team. Now not really sure what tack to take with her....Need to call outside order people. I sent an email to my director a few days ago to ask what she says to folks who didn't make it to the show but I haven't heard back. In the meantime, I'd like to know what you all say to them. I need to call those folks tonite or tomorrow.

• #1,727
Gina M said:
Closed out my Curves HWC fundraiser yesterday - $677 in sales! I also had a show on Tuesday night - got 3 bookings and it's over $400 in sales right now. So I will have earned that cute tote and gotten a good start to May. Still have 3 more cooking shows this month.

Gina, could you share how you approached the Curves place? and what kind of display you had, Any flyers? who was in charge of collecting orders, etc.? There are two different locations close to me, and I would love to approach them about it.

• #1,728
Well, I made my calls this evening. The results?2 shows scheduled--1 July, 1 August
4 requests for copies of specials so potential hosts can choose the months for their shows.Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job?

• #1,729
Forgot to add that I did a bit of host coaching. I was finally able to talk to my host for next week. We've been playing phone tag. She had rescheduled from April, so I was afraid she would reschedule again. Nope. She's excited. :)

• #1,730
Bren706 said:
Gina, could you share how you approached the Curves place? and what kind of display you had, Any flyers? who was in charge of collecting orders, etc.? There are two different locations close to me, and I would love to approach them about it.

Brenda,

I've been doing a table the there each May since 2006. I actually met my director there in May of 2005 when she was doing a HWC fundraiser. I did a show for her and signed later in the summer. She recommended, since I was a member at this Curves, that I take over the HWC fundraiser each year. Lucky for me - the owner is a great gal who is more than willing to let me put my table out each year.

I left it there for a week - a card table with various items, TTA and pink products. I left instructions on how to tally orders plus showed the girls who work there. The owner used to sell Party Lite so she's quite familiar in how to do this. I worked out a bunch of times over the week and would let people know that I was doing a HWC fundraiser and that if they were interested in ordering - 25% of the sales would go to the ACS. I've had a great response over the past 4 Mays - my lowest sales was last year at $585 and highest a couple of years ago at $1100. It's definitely worth your while to ask at Curves around you.

Good luck:)

• #1,731
Haven't been posting here much at all lately. I recruited 2 new team members in April and so did my team. I have been so busy training these gals that my biz is taking a dive. I seriously HAVE to make time for MY 3-2-1 again. I am attending and helping out with one of my new recruits first shows tomorrow then the other new recruits first show on Saturday.

Sunday is Mother's Day and Monday is my cluster meeting....so maybe by Tuesday I can make calls again??? LOL

How do people stay on top of everything!!?!?! I need to find a balance!

• #1,732
Gina M said:
Brenda,

I've been doing a table the there each May since 2006. I actually met my director there in May of 2005 when she was doing a HWC fundraiser. I did a show for her and signed later in the summer. She recommended, since I was a member at this Curves, that I take over the HWC fundraiser each year. Lucky for me - the owner is a great gal who is more than willing to let me put my table out each year.

I left it there for a week - a card table with various items, TTA and pink products. I left instructions on how to tally orders plus showed the girls who work there. The owner used to sell Party Lite so she's quite familiar in how to do this. I worked out a bunch of times over the week and would let people know that I was doing a HWC fundraiser and that if they were interested in ordering - 25% of the sales would go to the ACS. I've had a great response over the past 4 Mays - my lowest sales was last year at $585 and highest a couple of years ago at $1100. It's definitely worth your while to ask at Curves around you.

Good luck:)

Great! Thanks! What kind of flyer did you use that you left on the table to attract people to order? I am also kind of nervous about leaving products out on display if I am not going to be there (I am not a member). Any thoughts?

Last edited:
  • #1,733
Did some "out of the box" calls, host coaching and called the SIL of the intial recruit. She is definitely interested in joining my team. I encouraged her to let her SIL know so they could learn as a team and set aside some time to meet with me when I'm out there Saturday which they will do. If I could only sign them both Saturday! If I read things right, it would be worth $200 to sign two recruits in my first 30 days....

• #1,734
Christ Follower said:
Haven't been posting here much at all lately. I recruited 2 new team members in April and so did my team. I have been so busy training these gals that my biz is taking a dive. I seriously HAVE to make time for MY 3-2-1 again. I am attending and helping out with one of my new recruits first shows tomorrow then the other new recruits first show on Saturday.

Sunday is Mother's Day and Monday is my cluster meeting....so maybe by Tuesday I can make calls again??? LOL

How do people stay on top of everything!!?!?! I need to find a balance!

oooh, to have THAT problem....:D:D

• #1,735
show yesterday afternoon.closed over $500 - 3 bookings (2 June cattys, 1 July cooking), 1 recruit lead......

show this afternoon - expecting about 14.

• #1,736
Booked a June 11th show with a MOPS group. (lead from a booth back in april), and I also stopped in to one of the local Curves about having a HWC display, but the manager or owner was not there. I need to stop back on Monday.

I wanted to make calls in the evening, but DH decided to take a nap!!! (and I had to supervise the kids outside playing).

• #1,737
show today - good attendance as expected. Sales almost $700, and I anticipate it to get close to $800 - 2 bookings (June & Sept). 1 possible recruit lead.

• #1,738
Made only a few calls this evening, which resulted in a couple of customer care calls, with no significant results.

• #1,739
Bren706 said:
Great! Thanks! What kind of flyer did you use that you left on the table to attract people to order? I am also kind of nervous about leaving products out on display if I am not going to be there (I am not a member). Any thoughts?

Brenda,

I just put out a flyer with the pink products (guest special one) and another that said 25% of the sales would go to the ACS. As far as leaving products - I've never had a problem - if you've ever been in a Curves - they are very small places and I left my things in the middle of all the machines in the center of the room. People would notice if anyone walked off with my products (plus I'm very trusting). You could always just leave bigger products if you're worried about that. I've left my TTA for a full week and nothing has ever gone missing. Good luck!

• #1,740
I had a show yesterday morning - over $600 in sales and 3 possible bookings for summer and fall. Closed out a show today from this past Tuesday - $480 in sales - tote bag is coming to my house:) Picked up a vendor event for late May as well. Need to get some actual summer dates on my calendar.

Happy Mother's Day to all - heading out to visit my grandparents tomorrow for the day (unfortunately it will probably be my Grandma's last Mother's Day and she is in bad health:() I've been lucky to have them in my life as long as I have - Grandma is 87 and Grandpa will turn 91 on May 29th.

• #1,741
ButterflyVioletta said:
Did some "out of the box" calls, host coaching and called the SIL of the intial recruit. She is definitely interested in joining my team. I encouraged her to let her SIL know so they could learn as a team and set aside some time to meet with me when I'm out there Saturday which they will do.

If I could only sign them both Saturday! If I read things right, it would be worth $200 to sign two recruits in my first 30 days....

Great JOB!!! I may be wrong, but I believe you would get $150 PCD for each recruit signed in your first 30 days, PLUS you'll get a 25$ cash recruiting bonus, PLUS you get 25 catalogs for each one as a Thank you and Great Job from PC!!

WHOO HOO!!!

• #1,742
Made my calls. Scheduled another June show. Spoke to 2 more who are planning to host, but need a few more days to choose a date.

• #1,743
Successful day of contacts.

It started out weird. I had an email from a woman who is in my cluster (a recruit of my director) saying she is getting out of the business, and had someone who wanted to do a show, and was interested in signing, and would I be interested in doing the show?

Okaayy. I just thought it was a little weird. I wasn't sure how to respond, so I called my D - and talked to her about it...she sorta laughed. And she told me to go for it...anything that helps me, helps her too. I just wanted everything to be out in the open, and above board with her, because I love and respect her, and don't want to do anything that isn't right.

So - that contact was made, and I have another show for June.

Talked to another person who was interested in info about becoming a consultant, and wanted to book a show - she doesn't want to do anything until August though, because she has to travel most of June and July for her job, and has a family wedding and vacation in there too. We booked her for August, and will revisit the opportunity then too.

Called someone that I was supposed to connect with at Church on Sunday, but never got a chance - she placed an order for the Fundraiser - another DCB, and some other stuff...$120 order!:thumbup:

Made some other calls to people who want to book - but just left messages.

• #1,744
No contacts for me today. I made a couple of calls, but they were not new business. I also stopped back at Curves, but missed the managers again. Attended my cluster meeting with my newest recruit tonight.

Tomorrow is a new day....................

• #1,745
trying to get my mojo back! I need to add some new team members like crazy and quickly - and then get them to recruit, recruit, recruit.

off to get in touch with some declined credit cards......and call some recruit leads!

• #1,746
Well I'm still plugging along and trying really hard to get up an running full force. I did 2 booths the past 2 saturdays. Both were very slow. I only got 2 drawing slips from 1st, but one has show on the calender and since the other "won" my free cooking show she wants to book for June and hopefully will. We've been emailing and if I don't hear back by thursday I'll call to schedule a date.

Tonight we went out to eat, just at a local diner. I left a mini catalog with the tip and put up some cards on bulliten board along with a PC consultant in neighborhood flyer. Maybe it will generate at least some online orders (fingers, toes and whatever else I can manage crossed LOL).

I picked up the phone and called 2 slip from this Saturday. One placed an order but also won our prize of pink towel for guessing how many m&m's were in trifle bowl. Left 2 messages, other slip told in message that I'm offering a "free" cooking show to anyone who filled out a slip but didn't get closest on m&m's. BTW there were 3,035 and the closest guess was 1250!!!!:eek:

Called a few other people that said they would book or book June. Unfortunately didn't actually speak to anyone. Not even my brother whom I had to call to wish happy birthday too.:D:p Left several voicemails though.

Oh well now I need to call my current host so we can close out her show!!!:) At least I'll hopefully end the night on a high note!!!:sing:

• #1,747
made calls. no visible results.

• #1,748
Made calls - got a hold of 2 people who booked June Shows - strangely enough, both were couples grilling shows. (Now I have 3 of them in June alone! Plus, one in July, and one in August.)

Both of the shows I booked today were w/ people who have indicated they are interested in becoming a consultant. Both will be getting info in the host packets I'm mailing out tomorrow.

Oh - and I had an email from someone who wants to do a Catalog Show. I'll be sending her June Catalog Show info ASAP!

• #1,749
Show tonight. Seven guests. One booking. Every single guest signed up for my newsletter. Feels like a successful evening. :)

• #1,750
raebates said:
Show tonight. Seven guests. One booking. Every single guest signed up for my newsletter. Feels like a successful evening. :)

And you're home in time to see the end of BL! We've missed you!

<h2>What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?</h2><p>The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.</p><h2>What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.</p><h2>What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?</h2><p>This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.</p><h2>What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.</p><h2>How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?</h2><p>To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.</p>

What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?

The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.

What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?

The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.

What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?

This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.

What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?

Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.

How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?

To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
43 44 45 46 47
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ChefLisa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtara