• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009?

but this is my business. I am only here to learn and ask questions. I will start posting my successes and questions. Hi Tammy! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're here! :)No action yet today, but will post later! :)
  • #1,651
My neighbor came over just to chat, and ended up ordering both new oil seasonings, and both new sauces. She had already booked a show for June.:D

Sent out my mid-month Newsletter today, and got a booking for May this evening as a direct result.

I was gone all day, and needed to hang out w/ my little guy this evening, so didn't make any calls today. We did read several chapters of Night Of The Ninjas, however!:p

• #1,652
No contacts yesterday. I never left the house and never picked up the phone. From all the coughing, I sound like a frog with laryngitis.

• #1,653
Closed a show last night. Spent most of my phone time with that host.

Also called a host for May because I got an email saying she needed to reschedule. At first, she wanted to re-book for August.:eek: But as we talked she remembered why she wanted it in May in the first place. She wants Bamboo and all of the new sauces/seasonings for her son's 30th B-day party in June. So, we just pushed the show back 2 weeks from the 1st week of May to the 3rd. Whew, crisis averted! That was it for yesterday. No other contacts.

Dropping off catalogs and order forms at the Dentist's office today, picking up checks for another show that is closing, and mailing out invitations for 2 more shows, and two more host packets. Busy day - hopefully more contacts while I'm out and about, because I probably won't get any phone time in.

• #1,654
I'm still confined to quarters and trying not to talk. No contacts made. None expected.

• #1,655
Well, no contacts while I was running errands - and none while I was at the park w/ DS, either. (how could all those moms not notice my lovely PC ensemble, complete w/ catalog tote?:confused:)
But I did come home to a phone call from a friend who's daughter is getting married in May. She has a bridal shower next Sat., and my friend wanted to buy some things to "fill in some gaps". It's enough to make it a catalog show! (at least $200!).Why isn't it a PC Bridal Shower? Well, this friend has also been an excellent host for me since I began. On average, at least 2 shows a year, with lots of bookings from her shows....so, for the past 6 years, she has been stowing stuff away in a PC Hope Chest for her daughter! She is preparing to surprise her with all of it at the shower next Sat., and as she was going through her stash, she realized she had some "gaps".:D Plus, she wanted her to have some of the new bamboo pieces.:thumbup:I'm excited, because that also filled in a gap for me...and I am well on my way to earning half-off conference! Whoo hooo!

• #1,656
Congratulations, Becky. That's great. I'm finally able to talk and leave my house again. I had a show reschedule for May, but that turned out to be a blessing. It was supposed to be Thursday, and that would not have worked. I plan several calls today. I'm also hoping to make contacts while finally getting my shopping done.

• #1,657
Okay, Okay, Okay! I have been really slacking the last 2 weeks or so when it comes to 3-2-1. My April is dismal, with only 2 cooking shows. Part of it is that I needed to get organized, and have a call list in front of me, and now this week, the kids have been on Spring Break, and I have not had the chance to make day calls (when many on my list can be reached) because I am supervising them playing outside. I have re-organized my office area (aka, a corner in the spare bedroom) and have a call list ready.

I did have one show last night. I drove 1 hour and 20 minutes last night for a show with dismal sales of $176.00!!!! And to boot, this was a "Free Cooking Show". Two hours after booking this show, the host had called with excitement telling me that her mother already had $200 in orders. What it really was, was her mother's order, who was a guest at the show. There were 4 guests (plus host husband, brother, and an uncle). The mother's order was the show, $176. (she may be ordering more, too!!). The host has a few potential outside orders. She is hoping to get to at least $300 so she can order the SS cookware at 1/2 price. On the possible bright side of this, is that there are 3 potential recruit leads, including the host and her mother (the mother won't be ready to sign until August, when she wants to host a show, after renovating her kitchen). There is also another potential booking, that I will gladly give to the host if she signs.

I really need a kick in the butt, so that I can earn Disney. Luckily, I do have 5-6 shows on the books for May, and there is still plenty of time to book some more shows!!

• #1,658
no calls or contacts recently. spring break with the kids has been zapping me of all my energy. Although when we went to visit my dad he told me that he wanted to order "some of that sauce stuff and have it sent to his friend". My dad is retired now and spends his days fishing, fishing, fishing, and drinking coffee. I had sent him some of the new sauces to try on his fish. Maybe his friend will be a lead/customer?

I've got to get back on track with my business. I've just been coasting along - no growth on my Team or my personal business (or atleast any that is visible). I've allowed myself to lose focus on my goals - or should I say that I haven't even been setting goals. hmmmm, guess I just found the solution to my problem!

• #1,659
Brenda, you and I were typing at the same time. Seems like we have the same problem (obstacles) lately!

• #1,660
oh, and I thought I'd ask my 3-2-1 friends first, but I will probably be needing roommates again for NC - wave 3. I don't anticipate my team members coming, so far only 1 has expressed any interest. I've reserved the hilton 2bed/2ba - non smoking. Room is reserved for Wed-Sat. PM if you are interested.

• #1,661
I had a show on Saturday, and it made up for Friday's show! The host had invited 30 guests, and I swear, for those that were not able to make it, they placed an order!! Before the show, I asked the host how many she was expecting, and she told me at least 10, but maybe a few more; so I brought 15 guest folders. Well, I ended up running out. A couple of people brought guests, and there ended up being right around 20 people there!!!!!! The host had about $300 in outside orders before the show. Sales were at $998, and that didn't include the past host, and her boyfriend's mother who were taking the catalog home. They had been at a show in March, and couldn't remember what they ordered, because they hadn't received their goods yet. The host's neighbor who already placed a $80 order wants to add the two SS pans to his order, as well. Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! My highest show before this one was in March, at $959!! I have finally hit a $1000 after 2 years!!!!

The down side to this show? Only 1 booking (the past host's future MIL), and it won't be until September or October. I do have to follow up with one guest before closing. It could result in a June Fundraiser.

• #1,662
Great job Brenda!

No calls for me. I attempted, but my cat is dying. I'm so upset and bawling like a baby. There is nothing we can do, other than to take him to the vet to have him put down, and that will have to wait until tomorrow if I can muster up the courage to do it. I've had this cat for 15 years - I rescued him from the SPCA when he was just 9 weeks old. I am so sad. I've been laying on the garage floor with him this evening and crying like a baby. I come in. Go back out. Come in. Go back out.
I made my husband promise me a year ago, that when this day came that he would bury him if I wasn't home when it happened. I know it sounds crazy, but this is so heartbreaking! I almost wish I wasn't here to see it, but then again I can't keep from going to try to hold him.....

• #1,663
Finally, a decent day of contacts. Nothing too significant came out of it, but it was an accomplishment to pick up that phone, and put a little effort into my calls :).

~Talked to a couple of potential recruits; One was a follow up to remind her about the mini-kit (she is a former consultant), she is still not ready, but I will follow up with her again in June. The other was a lead from my Friday show. She is very interested, and is just waiting for her unemployment to kick in to have some funds for her kit. I told her if the host signs up, she could sign up under the host.

~Spoke to a past host from February who had mentioned having a show over the summer. She wants to put it off to the fall now, so I will call back in August.

~Made 2-3 customer care contacts, with no significant results.

I also got another home office lead for someone interested in placing an order. The only info I had was her e-mail address, so I sent off an e-mail to her.

• #1,664
amy07 said:
Great job Brenda!

No calls for me. I attempted, but my cat is dying. I'm so upset and bawling like a baby. There is nothing we can do, other than to take him to the vet to have him put down, and that will have to wait until tomorrow if I can muster up the courage to do it. I've had this cat for 15 years - I rescued him from the SPCA when he was just 9 weeks old. I am so sad. I've been laying on the garage floor with him this evening and crying like a baby. I come in. Go back out. Come in. Go back out.
I made my husband promise me a year ago, that when this day came that he would bury him if I wasn't home when it happened. I know it sounds crazy, but this is so heartbreaking! I almost wish I wasn't here to see it, but then again I can't keep from going to try to hold him.....

I'm so sorry Amy. I went through that with my cat a few years ago. It was heartwrenching. I'd had her since she was 7 weeks old. I totally understand why you can't stay away from him. Sometimes it's okay to not make phone calls. (((((((HUGS))))))

• #1,665
Only made 2 calls tonight. It seems like I was on the phone or with someone all day. Not all of it was contacts though. A lot of host stuff, and closing shows, etc....
However, it was still time spent working. So, tonight when I told DS he needed to be quiet while I made phone calls, he got big tears in his eyes, and said "Mommy, do you love phone calls more than me?" I hung up the phone.

Now, he is bright enough that he could have been manipulating me...but even so - I want him to know that I love him more than any phone call.

• #1,666
Amy, I'm sorry you're going through that.Made my contacts. No visible results, but it's good to be back on track. Oh, yeah, I got a call on Sunday from someone who held on to my info from an expo I did in December. She ordered some stuff. :)

• #1,667
Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. (((HUGS))).

Becky, that would have melted my heart!!! Today is a new day!!

I haven't started my calls today, but last night, after I was done making my calls, my host from Saturday called and wanted to let me know, her show sales were at $1465. :love::love: We will be closing her show out on Thursday. I am so happy for her. Before her show, she said she thought her show would be around $600!! She is so excited!!!!

• #1,668
Bren706 said:
Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. (((HUGS))).

Becky, that would have melted my heart!!! Today is a new day!!

I haven't started my calls today, but last night, after I was done making my calls, my host from Saturday called and wanted to let me know, her show sales were at $1465. :love::love: We will be closing her show out on Thursday. I am so happy for her. Before her show, she said she thought her show would be around $600!! She is so excited!!!!

WAHOOO, Brenda! I'm so excited for YOU!

• #1,669
Made my contacts. Got an order for 2 Food Choppers. :)

• #1,670
Thanks for your concern & compassion. My poor Petey is still hanging on. And I'm torn as to what to do - just keep praying for a miracle. Today he actually started purring when I laid down beside him, and the thought of taking him to the vet to put him down is just more than I can bear. I was always told that cats tend to go off to die, and I guess I was kind of hoping that that's what he'd do so that I wouldn't be faced with this decision I am such a coward!

no calls today - other than host coaching -only because I'm behind and it is necessary

• #1,671
Yesterday was another great day for contacts!:

~Spoke to 4 potential booking leads - One is interested in doing a show with the MOPS group. The group is deciding on a May date. I will need to follow up. Another one is busy right now, and is just going to wait and to a Bridal Show for her DD early in 2010. (wedding date is April 2010). The other two were not interested. I did add one to my newsletter list

~Made a couple of customer care calls. Both were happy to hear from me. One had also mentioned at the show in February possible interest in the opportunity, but in the future. I mentioned the opportunity to her yesterday, and will add her to my "someday" list.

~Then, the best call of all, was a call that I received. The recruit lead that I spoke to the day before (a former consultant) called me and said she has decided to rejoin. She had thought about it and prayed about it all night, and is ready to get back into the business part time. She is going away for the weekend, and will sign up on Monday!!!!! :love::sing::sing::love:

I am not sure if I will get any contacts in today. I will attempt to make the few "necessary" calls that are on my to do list, but that will probably be about it. I had a Dr's appointment today (prenatal, glucose testing) and my blood pressure was on the high side, and I have to go back in the morning to have the BP taken again, so I am going to try to take it easy this evening. (Yeah, tell that to my 5 yr old and 3 yr old who are sitting her battling it out, that is real great for my BP!:grumpy::grumpy:)

• #1,672
Did my contacts. Firmed up a June booking. Left lots of messages. Not too bad.

• #1,673
Not really surprised at the results. I wish they were more positive about Celia, but I understand what they're saying.

• #1,674
raebates said:
Not really surprised at the results. I wish they were more positive about Celia, but I understand what they're saying.

LOL - Rae - you're getting your threads mixed up. I think it's past your bedtime!:D:D:D

• #1,675
Oops. Yep, it was past my bedtime. I'll have to copy that post over to the ANTM thread.

• #1,676
yesterday I had to make the decision and the drive to the vet. I cried the ENTIRE way, and sobbed like a baby the entire time at the office. I'm sure the office staff and other customers thought I was a complete nut. I don't care. I'm an emotional wreck, and crying is the only thing that works for me right now. As I dug his little grave yesterday afternoon, it dawned on me that I was not only put to rest my dear little friend, but a part of my youth as well. I'm sure that doesn't make sense, but sorry. And thanks for letting me air out my baggage. You guys are great. Hopefully I'll have something positive to contribute back to you guys soon...

• #1,677
I'm so sorry for your loss Amy! And I'm sure the office staff didn't think you were crazy - your kitty was a member of your family and therefore extremely important. My husband had to do the same for our dear cat Colibri almost 8 years ago. He cried in the office and they were so kind and concerned for him. We buried her in our backyard and I still think about her to this day. Take care of yourself and allow yourself to grieve. It's only natural as you loved your kitty!

• #1,678
No contacts for me today. Went back to the doctor's today, and my blood pressure was still high, so I had to go next door to the hospital and have some monitoring done. Between the doctors and the hospital, I was there for 4 hours. They have prescribed medication for my BP. From there, I went and closed out my $1465 show, and then home. I have just been laying around, trying to take it easy (also feeling tired, have a slight migrain, and shortness of breath).

I do have a recruit interview tomorrow, and hope to get some calls in as well.

• #1,679
Can I just say I suck at recruiting?

Another great, fun show - and not one little bite of interest. Why? I even stepped out of my comfort zone and did the 5 questions game - had some great questions about PC, and what I do...and still absolutely no interest.

However - I got a booking (For Sept...) and had 3 people who wanted to buy my HWC apron!

• #1,680
Was busy doing non-business stuff today, and trying to enter my big show, so by the time it came to make calls, I really wasn't up for getting myself together to make those calls.

However, I received a call from a past customer. A little background on her: She placed an order at a Holiday Market booth of mine, and has ordered from my website approximately 3 times since then. ($150 approx. total). She was inquiring about if outlet orders counted would count toward a catalog show. I told her they didn't. It turns out that she wanted to order $226 HERSELF, between the outlet ($150) and regular products!!!!!!!! I told her to go ahead and place the order online, and I will give her a 10% rebate!!

I was supposed to have an interview with a potential recruit lead, but she has come down sick with a cold, so we are postponing it until next week.

I hope to get on that phone tomorrow and book a few shows!!!

• #1,681
today I had a random call for 2 pineapple wedgers. talked with a recruit lead. I have my first 2 cooking shows in quite some time tomorrow - I'm a nervous wreck. Both are repeat hosts, and one is even a past team member who has since gone inactive. She really wants to re-join....can you say mini-kit?

• #1,682
2 shows today - nothing spectacular for sales. no recruit leads. BUT I did get:
1 possible April/May catty
1 definite May catty
1 May show
1 June Show

I was definitely rusty. But I have a really good show schedule going into May so I'm sure I'll hit my groove again. Really hoping to get back on the recruiting or should I say recruit signing wave again - SOON!

• #1,683
I was at expos on Friday and Saturday. Friday's expo netted 2 recruit leads, 8 bookings, and about 85 contacts. I shared the booth with 2 others. We split the contacts, so about 85 each wasn't too bad. Saturday's expo netted 2 bookings and about 20 contacts. Considering we only had about 20 people attend, that wasn't too bad. I'll be following up with the bookings and recruit leads today and tomorrow. I'll be following up with the other contacts later in the week.

• #1,684
Sounds like a great expo, Rae. What kind was it? I am lucky if I get about 30 contacts (DPDS) at the events I have.

• #1,685
I was at a large event with registered guests. They were sold out this year with approximately 1,000 participants. This was the 8th year for the event, which is sponsored by a local university in conjunction with a local hospital.

• #1,686
Made several follow-up calls on Sunday. Firmed up 4 bookings.Many contacts (about a dozen?) on Monday. Mostly follow-ups from Friday's event. Several more contacts today (about 20). One was at my salon. She will most likely be ordering some HWC products. Firmed up 3 more bookings. Added several people to my newsletter. Some of that was follow-up from Friday's and Saturday's events.

• #1,687
I'm in an official slump! And even though I know what I need to do, I just can't get back in the routine of calling - and i must admit that my DH is not making it easy for me either now that warmer weather has finally come......

• #1,688
I spent the weekend llying around, resting. Monday, I was very tired (my BP was low).

Yesterday morning, I got a voicemail from someone that was behind my van on her way to work and saw my Merrill window decal on the back. She wants to have a show within the next couple of weeks!! I called her back, but got her voicemail.

I spoke to a couple of potential recruits. One still does not have the funds (even the $65 right now) I told her I will call back in June (unless there is a promo in May). The other was the one that was going to sign up on Monday. She will be signing by the end of the week. I am praying that she signs by Thurs. I could really use those double points!!

Other than that, I got machines.

• #1,689
nada yesterday, other than host coaching. Which I have determined I totally suck at !

• #1,690
amy07 said:
nada yesterday, other than host coaching. Which I have determined I totally suck at !

I have decided that I am going back to the basics of host coaching...and I am going to use the Host Coaching Checklist on CC - plus listen to the Win-Win Host Coaching workshop that I downloaded. I've totally gotten away from good host coaching!

My show tonight - almost non-existant host coaching. My show for Saturday - the first time I've talked to her since she booked was last night.

I'm disappointed and angry with myself for not doing better.:grumpy:

• #1,691
ChefBeckyD said:
I have decided that I am going back to the basics of host coaching...and I am going to use the Host Coaching Checklist on CC - plus listen to the Win-Win Host Coaching workshop that I downloaded. I've totally gotten away from good host coaching!

My show tonight - almost non-existant host coaching. My show for Saturday - the first time I've talked to her since she booked was last night.

I'm disappointed and angry with myself for not doing better.:grumpy:

sounds exactly like me. And to make matters worse - I just did a training with my team on the importance of host coaching and HOW to do it. I stink!

• #1,692
I haven't been on CS in a while!

Yesterday I collected $75 in HWC orders.

Got an order for a food chopper.

Booked a May show.

• #1,693
My host coaching needs improvement as well, but one of the problems is that I have a hard time reaching them!!!! If I could get them on the phone before 5 days before the show, I might be able to do some coaching!!!

• #1,694
Been doing a HWC fundraiser at my Curves all this week - have 8 orders so far and $315 in sales! Going to keep the table up through Monday. Hoping it will hit at least $500 so I get the 25% donation from PC. This is the 4th year I've done this and my lowest total, so far, has been $585 so it would be great if I still get some orders. I need to get on the phone and get some more shows booked - happy that I have 5 in May but only 1 in June - I'll start calling tomorrow.

• #1,695
another day, with hardly any effort made :( . I did speak to the potential recruit that I was supposed to meet with last week. We are meeting tomorrow. I spoke with a potential church fundraising lead. I need to follow up with her in 3 weeks. I got a call from a MIA catty host. I will be calling her back tomorrow to close her show (she forgot the orders at work). I also booked a booth at a community yard sale for this Saturday.

I did get an online order (yeah HO leads). It was only for $14.50, but I'll take it!!!

Tomorrow is a new day!! Tomorrow is a new day!! Tomorrow.............

• #1,696
Made my contacts. No visible results.

• #1,697
Yippee-Skippee!

Had a really fun show tonight.
3 bookings - 1 for May, and 2 for June - all with different groups of people. (one is a SIL of the host, one is a friend from work, and one is a childhood friend.:thumbup:)
Oh - and a recruit...I think! She is one of the bookings, and has a June show...she wants to sign then.

Also - Oh joy of joys! My host wanted to close tonight - so with her show, and the catalog show I did, I am at $2800 for the month....meaning I get half off conference! I am thrilled about that!

• #1,698
Uhmmm, this afternoon I had my fundraiser closing - a whole whopping $45. sheesh!
well, tonight I focused on host coaching. reminding myself that it is actually where I make my $$$. I just go to the shows to pick it up.
Also made some team calls.
show tomorrow is expecting 10-15. her last show was awesome, so I would like a repeat. And if history repeats itself, her attendance will be higher than she expects. Unfortunately for me, it means the bookings will not be there!

• #1,699
show last night. I felt so "off", but I think it's because of the recipe and that it was full interactive. Good sales, and host is very happy. She may be signing as well!:D(fingers crossed)
we're supposed to be attending a baseball game today for one of my DH's co-worker's child's team that is playing in our area. It's a traveling team, so I'm thinking a PC shirt, catalog tote, and FR materials are in order!:thumbup:

• #1,700
Yesterday, I did okay with contacts.

Had an interview with a potential recruit. She is very interested, but does not know a whole lot of people in the area. We brainstormed some ideas, and she is going to put some feelers out.

Made a couple customer care contacts. Both are "potential" fall bookings. Followed up with a MOPS group leader about doing a show for the group. Trying to confirm a mid-June date. Got an order for a Pineapple Wedger from the original contact I had for the MOPS group.

Then, I had left a vm for a booking lead I met at a booth in Aug or Sept. She has had some family and personal health issues over the months, so she asked me to follow up at a later date, hence my call. Well, she calls around 8:30, and talked my ear off about her health (she is having brain surgery soon) and her 13 yr old DS!!!!! We were on the phone for at least 30 minutes!!! I will be sending her a catty, and she would like to attend a show of mine (doesn't know enough people to have one of her own), however, she would need transportation! yea, sure!

<h2>What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?</h2><p>The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.</p><h2>What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.</p><h2>What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?</h2><p>This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.</p><h2>What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.</p><h2>How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?</h2><p>To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.</p>

What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?

The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.

What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?

The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.

What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?

This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.

What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?

Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.

How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?

To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
43 44 45 46 47
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ChefLisa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtara